[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>music hits >comes out >extends arms >WOW >a-a-are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 123413251212.jpg (52KB, 645x370px) Image search: [Google]
123413251212.jpg
52KB, 645x370px
>music hits
>comes out
>extends arms
>WOW
>a-a-are you for real?
>I'm going to beat you on Sunday!
>But we don't have to wait for Sunday
>we can do this
>right
>NOW
The writing for SDL! has really gone to shit. This Kevin Owens feud has no (NO) heat. I miss headband AJ.
>>
Turning AJ face was a mistake
>>
>>2659997
Management operates under the retarded notion that someone is a face or heel depending on whether they get cheered or booed.

This has repeatedly led to situations where someone gets over as a heel, and instead of CONTINUING TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING WHICH IS WORKING, they declare the guy a face and ruin him.

Austin Aries is suffering from the same shit, in essence.
He got over as an arrogant heel commentator talking about how he'd whip everyone's ass.
>>
>>2660040

>roman
>>
>>2659994
SDL fucking died as a whole in the shakeup
>>
>>2660040
He just kinda sucks as face. He's aj styles, the man could decapitate a puppy in the middle of the ring and get cheered. Heel AJ was where the dimes were. Hopefully when cena comes back they will turn him back.
>>
Hard to get over as a face when you're feuding with a big fat nothing
>>
>>2660040
AJ wasn't over as a heel because he called himself THE CHAMP WHO RUNS THE CAMP, dude, he was over because he's an incredible worker and that stuff just added to how much fun he was to watch.

AJ as a face is fine, just make him the same hyper arrogant guy he was as a heel but
1) No shoving people's faces into car windows or murdering jobbers.
2) Have a LITTLE touch of respect for dudes he's gone to war with (Shane, Jericho)

He might be a little bland right now but watching them desperately try to get heat on him as a heel was getting really sad to watch. He had to almost murder Shane just to not make him the unambiguous good guy in their feud.
>>
>>2660132
>AJ as a face is fine, just make him the same hyper arrogant guy
But that's just it: He's a face now. That means when a group of people have a fight, he joins "Team Face", regardless of his personal motivations. That means he says "With all due respect" before saying anything even a little bit abrasive about another face.

At this point, the line about, "Smackdown is the HOUSE. THAT AY. JAY. STYLES. BUILT.", is more of a catchphrase than a display of arrogance (albeit a good catchphrase).

What WWE needs to learn to do is to let the characters be characters and realize that "face" and "heel" exist on a moral compass independent of the viewers opinions. (They have to in an age where people love heels so much)
>>
File: BMAJ.jpg (74KB, 685x579px) Image search: [Google]
BMAJ.jpg
74KB, 685x579px
>>2660040
>>2660132
The writing has been fucking garbage by-and-large for Smackdown since Wrestlemania season began.

How to fix AJ:
>give him the headband
>let KO give his I'M A FUCKING LEAF spiel
>AJ comes out, calls him FAT
>brawl ensues
>KO nutshots AJ
>retreats
This is not fucking hard. WWE's hack sitcom reject writers are just that fucking awful.
>>
>>2660158
So how come I never hear the size queens shit on AJ?

He literally wore John Cena's arm-band as a head-band.
>>
>>2660166
Aj is the based manlet who left the bingo hall in Japan to come work for based Vince. We get vanilla midget and flippy shit sucks threads all the time but AJ always gets a pass.
>>
>>2660155
>"With all due respect"
I dunno if anything pisses me off more than this line right now. Hearing Roman say it about fifty million times when referring to the Undertaker made me wanna put my head through the TV.

But yeah I get your point. I think AJ works as a face but not as a cookie cutter garden variety WWE face. They need to stop their stupid pseudo- meta "FACES AND HEELS ARE DECIDED BY THE AUDIENCE now let's edit cheers into this Roman video package" garbage and actually write their characters with some freaking shades of gray.
>>
>>2660049
>Dean, Miz and Maryse get moved to RAW

>Smackdown live starts to die

>Makes you think
>>
File: 1494603984953.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1494603984953.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>its a mark pretends like SDL was GOAT before the shakeup and wasn't filled to the brim with this contrived boring garbage

https://youtu.be/DB5QvwsG170

5 star promos like this were the regular on Cuckdown before the shakeup

Reminder that noodleheads on this very board were calling that corny Boreton v Brayetty fued "quality tv" prior to their WM match and had the House of Horrors match taken place under the Cuckdown banner it would have been labeled an "underrated gem".
>>
File: colestylez.jpg (58KB, 736x733px) Image search: [Google]
colestylez.jpg
58KB, 736x733px
Imagine if AJ, Adam Cole, Nakamura would stay in NJPW\ROH, current roster would've been godlike.
Fuck WWE.
>>
>>2660166
AJ is too likeable and is not as vanilla. Besides he's pretty much the best wrestler in WWE right now.
>>
>>2660396
kill yourself Carter
>>
>>2660646
Besides AJ there's plenty of guys I'd rather see back in the Honourable Ring than Cole or Nakamura
>>
>>2660184
WWE does have "grey" characters, it's why their faces commit deplorable acts that make the heels seem like victims courageously standing up to bullies.
>>
>>2660691
This is why I can't boo Rusev.
>>
>>2659994
>The writing for SDL! has really gone to shit.

I was actually thinking this exact same thing as I was watching. I noticed it with last week's episode too, but I let it slide because it was an overseas show and I figured it wasn't really meant to significantly advance the storyline despite being a TV taping. I was actually going to make a thread about it but I forgot.

But yeah, the writing has been cringeworthy even by wrestling standards. They have to have changed writers or moved guys around because the last few promos I've seen have been like a fucking open mic night.
>>
Wasn't it stated SD and raw writers swapped after the sssu
>>
>>2660158
Headband AJ was best AJ
>>
I've been saying it for weeks. Not sure what happened but SD is going to shit too.
>>
>>2660697
SD lost Cena, Miz, Ambrose (I know hes a meme but the crowd would pop for him and seem to enjoy his promos before his inevitable disappointing match) and Bliss.

They replaced them with Nakamura who can barley speak Charlotte who is just okay on the mic and Owens who is good at the least. Also two of the bigger names they got in the swap isnt even on TV yet in New Day and Rusev.

When your main event is Jinder vs Orton compared to AJ vs Cena its gonna be shit.
>>
File: AJ-Backlash.jpg (126KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
AJ-Backlash.jpg
126KB, 640x360px
>>2660787
I miss him everyday.
>>
File: 1491570221031.png (723KB, 755x498px)
1491570221031.png
723KB, 755x498px
>>2660826
>Not posting superior version
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.