[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cena winning the belt for two weeks was fine. Bray winning the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1491203457978.png (404KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491203457978.png
404KB, 640x360px
Cena winning the belt for two weeks was fine.
Bray winning the belt at EC was fine. Cena got his moment at the Rumble and then he put over Bray incredibly strong and the way they did it protected AJ somewhat, which is what you wanna do because AJ's staying and Cena's leaving. The way they did the Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber and the Smackdown after EC made Bray look the most dangerous he ever had in his career.
The angle where Randy burned down the house was fine. It was something new. It had striking imagery. Moreover it was the first time we saw Bray actually hurt and afraid.

Everything AFTER that is where it got fucked up. They could've used it to dial back Bray's supernatural stuff, they could've even done a double turn with Bray and Randy, but they just doubled down on the supernatural shit, did absolutely nothing in the rest of the build and then had a terrible match with a terrible gimmick that obviously got its time cut. Then House of Horrors was just a total abortion.

Basically this could've been a really good feud but they fucked it up and it's not really on either of the workers.
>>
>>2657758
There were a lot of mistakes starting with the burning of Wyatt's house.

That angle in itself was fine, but they let Randy talk for too long doing endless exposition about Sister Abigail.

I think the really critical error though, was promoting the name "house of horrors match" without any idea what it would be. (They were polling people about what it SHOULD be at the same time everybody was wondering what they'd do)
That mistake cost them the ability to properly build the match, because without specifics, all Bray could do is make vague threats (oh? is it tuesday?)
>>
>>2658018
>That angle in itself was fine, but they let Randy talk for too long doing endless exposition about Sister Abigail.
>AND NOW FOR THE FOURTH TIME I WILL EXPLAIN HOW I'M GOING TO BURN THIS HOUSE DOWN AND WHAT BURNING THIS HOUSE DOWN WILL ACCOMPLISH.

Yeah that was pretty obnoxious.
>>
Imagine how awesome and crazy this all would have been if you replaced Orton with CM Punk
>>
>>2657758
He's the only guy with a real gimmick, he needs a freak show to play with
>>
>>2657758
Bray was so good from September 2016 to his loss vs. Randy at WM33. Now he's late 2015 Brothers of Destruction feud tier again, I just don't care about him anymore. They could've resurrected him with that angle, but it was just a complete clusterfuck.
>>
>>2658673
Every time they do something with bray it starts getting over. Then they realize out of nowhere they hate bray and start making terrible decisions almost as if to spite him. Who in the right mind said "you know what, we're going to use these six months to build a real feud for once, but get this, we're going to pull the rug out from underneath it for the blowoff!"
>>
Angle would have been great to dial Bray back to FCW era shit. When he was more Max Cady and less Gay Spooky Biker.
>>
>Fucking Erick Rowan gave a great promo last night on Talking Smack
Bray really is the Janetty of his own stable
>>
>>2658694
Did he? Shit.

I'm worried about Harper and Big Red. Especially with the awful decision to draft Bray and give neither of them anything to do.
>>
>>2658018
I think nobody knowing what it was going to be wasn't the critical error, the crowd paid attention more because of this. I know personally I focused up a lot more when this "match" started

The problem was the execution, not the suspense... the house didn't look scary, it took forever to get going, you could see cameraman shadows in the house, no memorable spots besides the fridge, took Bray forever to get back to the limo, etc etc.

I guess you could say the suspenseful buildup/mystery made the match hard to live up to whatever it was going to be, but they could have executed it better
>>
>>2658699
Erick showed up with a sack full of sheep masks, talked about how he wants a family but everyone leaves and he'll punish Luke for it
He did a lot of off-beat things and I think he legit scared Renee
>>
>>2658701
And when I say the crowd paid attention more, lemme clarify.. it was supposedly dead silent in the arena for most of the start but by the end there were deafening "BORING" chants...
>>
>>2658694
Everybody cuts great promos on Talking Smack. It's a crime that Bray was only there twice and Luke was only there once.
>>
>>2658709
Bray despite his great delivery has some terrible fucking writing. Does he still have control over his scripts?
>>
>typing all this out
>even thinking about all of this
>caring this much about fucking wrestling
>thinking anyone that isnt a loser will remember losses or wins any longer than a month later
Nerds lmao
>>
>>2658715
Apparently he does, but honestly, is it even the content of his promos that's the problem?

It's that it all bleeds together and he has zero fucking credibility anymore so you just automatically tune it out, and nobody sells him as being scary anymore, so the audience will never think he's scary. The last dude was to sell him as intimidating was Xavier and before that, what, Cena?

If you actually really listened during the buildup to Payback, he was actually giving pretty decent promos about how much it devastated him when Randy betrayed him. But because he'd just lost at Mania and we knew House of Horrors would have zero consequences towards anything, it was all just noise into the void.
>>
Give it up already, Bray is dead and can never recover.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.