[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else surprised they had Reigns beat Balor clean last Raw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

Anyone else surprised they had Reigns beat Balor clean last Raw? They even had the shoulder injury as a good excuse to give him the upset win. Guess the Finn Balor experiment is over.
>>
>anybody surprised that WWE has Reigns go over
>>
>>2654745
Baylor is an Injury prone wrestler who still can't cut promos they are just going to have him be midcard where he should be, have the bullet club cash in and that's it
>>
50/50
>>
They realized the mistake they made in pushing him.
>>
>>2654745
I was kinda afraid they would do it, but when they were playing up Roman's injury, I though that would be the excuse for his defeat...yeah...right...
>>
I wonder if the finish was supposed to be that Reigns gave Balor a low blow by pushing him off the corner and Balor fucked it up. If so, the job is entirely on him.
>>
>>2654749
>1 (ONE) injury

>>2654756
>saying this about The Roman Reigns Show
>>
>>2654751
This

Matches don't matter in the WWE Universe. People are pushed and buried on a whim and it never makes sense. Wrestlemania will be Reigns going over Cena and no fan is asking for it.
>>
>>2654812
>hasn't put in a good performance since coming to the WWE, can't talk, doesn't even do anything different for paint-matches
>he's just a merchandise-rack for children and people with low iq
Are you talking about Balor or Reigns?
>>
>>2654812
I don't particularly care about Balor, but I thought he was interesting because he was one of the few people that was booked to be on Reigns level. So much for that, though.
>>
>>2654806
>matches don't matter in the WWE Universe
this holy shit i mean jesus fuck bray has lost every feud he's in and still hovering around mid-main event scene.
>>
>>2654756
Yes over because he lost to reigns news flash everyone lost to reigns get over it
>>
>>2654824
And absolutely no one ever takes him seriously because everyone knows he's losing.
>>
>>2654798
>1 injur
have you forgotten NXT? he was injured right before being called up too. He had 2 injuries not too far from that timeline one minor and one major injury.
>>
They could have at least saved it for a PPV. What a shame.
>>
>>2654832
>he was injured right before being called up too

Gonna need some sauce on that.
>>
>>2654745
>They even had the shoulder injury as a good excuse to give him the upset win
Balor beat Prime Reigns clean without much trouble. Last night was just stupid.
>>
>>2654830
yeah but still at the main event scene compared to talented workers who are either stuck at low-mid card or got endeavored.
>>
>>2654851
But Roman Reigns evolved and now he's way more powerful than Balor. Finn couldn't even beat him when he was injured. All it took was one spear.
>>
>>2654745
It's to set up a feud and rubber match after Roman wins the universal title. Balor isn't going anywhere.
>>
Balor should just go 205 live where he belongs
>>
I mean I dunno why the fuck I was surprised, but I was. I actually thought they might still give a shit about pushing Finn Balor.

That's twice they've given away Balor vs. Roman on free TV, by the way. Why are we supposed to ever give a shit about these guys fighting on PPV now?
>>
>>2654764
Reigns absolutely crotched him on the ropes and that's how Finn sold it, so if that was the finish, they did it the right, but the commentary did absolutely nothing to push that Roman took a shortcut.

It was all about how even injured, Roman was the better man and Finn sure was great and it's cute he thought he could hang with the big dog, but the right man won.
>>
>>2654858
>evolved

By getting worse?
>>
>>2654864
The first time made a lot of sense, though. They built Finn Balor as a pretty big deal with that victory and they needed to establish him before he was main eventing PPVs.
>>
>>2654851
Yeah and last night they were constantly pushing.
>Finn just had the element of surprise last time.
>Roman Reigns is way stronger now.

Like, they were pushing that Roman had evolved significantly since last Summer. Am I the only one who remembers him going 2-0 on AJ Styles and kicking out a fucking Styles Clash on to a chair last year?
>>
The only reason he won in the first place was because wwe wanted to punish reigns for taking adderall
>>
>>2654870
Balor didn't look like he landed anywhere near his crotch on the buckle, nor did he sell a low blow post-match. And as you said, the commentary made one single mention of Reigns pulling something off in desperation, but they were all saying pushing Reigns as the best between them. If that was the intended finish, Balor and the announcers botched it. He just looked like he got beat 100% clean.
>>
>>2654876
Agreed. This time, literally the only reason to do it was to give Roman his win back, though. With the commentary, it's really like they were just pissing in fans mouths.

I didn't buy the stupid meta-heel idea before, but I'm starting to wonder if they're genuinely not doing some 4D chess shit with Roman just so people keep booing him so they can keep up with the "WELL HE GETS A REACTION" shtick.
>>
>>2654871
I mean kayfabe-wise, my man.
>>
>>2654847
it brought us this gold at least
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRr1boAj6KA
the ass was fat.
>>
>>2654878
Damn forgot about that
>>
>>2654880
This is exactly how Justin Bieber made millions, by having more people hating him to the point of being obsessed with him and spending time to view his videos and comment against him. Lets not forget bringing his name up where he is not even relevant
>>
>>2654900
To be entirely fair to WWE, no one gave a shit about Ambrose or Rollins or Balor. Meanwhile, everyone is ready to scream "Let's go Roman" and "Roman sucks"

It's pretty sad.
>>
>>2654902
People would rather hate Roman than cheer the others and that's fucking stupid and retarded.
>>
File: 1493083777674.jpg (151KB, 717x846px) Image search: [Google]
1493083777674.jpg
151KB, 717x846px
>>2654745
>2017
>Surprised at Reigns going over
>>
>>2654902
I mean I like to think people gave a shit about Balor last Summer and if you pushed him, people would give a shit about him again.

That's the thing. If you teach people that there's a point in caring about these guys, people will care about them. On SmackDown last year, Ambrose was a great babyface chasing the title against Styles. People fucking loved the dude and they cheered him like crazy, he had completely turned it around from his (admittedly weak) title reign and people had got invested again.

Then he loses at TLC. Then he's out of the title picture. Then he wins the IC Title and does nothing with it. Then he's on the freakin' pre-show. And now he's on Raw. And nobody cares again.

If you teach your fans that there's a glass ceiling for everybody except a couple guys, they're not gonna care about anybody except those couple guys, even if the way they react to those guys is negative.
>>
>>2654910
They pushed Finn Balor pretty hard since his return (until now) and the crowd didn't give a shit about him. I think the crowd is to blame more than WWE on this one.
>>
>>2654911
He pinned KO the night after Mania, beat some jobbers and Miz and got pinned in a three way, dude. He hasn't even had a PPV match yet.
>>
>>2654917
Yeah, but he made his return and had plenty of spots interrupting other people and the crowd reaction was tepid at best.
>>
>>2654911

They did pretty exactly 0 with him since he returned. No big singles match, no PPV match, no program to speak of and he actually got a decent reaction yesterday.
>>
>>2654922
I'm sorry, I guess I'm just not convinced that it's the crowd's fault because they weren't excited about the idea of Finn Balor vs. Curt Hawkins.
>>
>>2654922

What babyface on RAW gets good reaction?
>>
>>2654924
"Decent" being the keyword. Reigns has been in a shitty program where he gets his ass constantly kicked by Braun and he just came out of beating Taker in an incredibly dull main event, but the crowd is still more hyped about him than Finn.
>>
>>2654927
I'm talking about him interrupting Reigns tonight, for example. Reigns got a way bigger reaction. In the match between the two, people were chanting "Roman sucks" and hardly anyone actually cared about Balor. It's the Cena bullshit all over again.

>>2654930
Roman Reigns
>>
>>2654877
Lets not forget about this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBVGbDzu13o
> Superkick and Codebreaker to the "injured eye"
> Kicks out of 2
> Spear
> 1..2..3 ROMANWINSLOL
>>
>>2654880
No. It's just Vince making sure his new fave toy looks the best.

>>2654900
Biebs wasn't being pushed as a top superhero babyface of his industry.

>>2654882
(So was I.)
>>
>>2654931
Since when did "hyped" mean "hate his guts"?

>>2654936
>"good reaction"
>booed out of the building
>>
>>2654954
The point is that he gets a reaction. If there were more people cheering or booing Balor than people cheering or booing Reigns, it'd be one thing, but it's clearly not.
>>
>>2654924
The audience went wild with Balor's return and asked Vince to give him a shot to the universal title but Big Poppa Poo exposed him after giving him a concussion again. Balor hasn't recovered.
>>
>>2654959
>a reaction

Go-Away Heat is not a good reaction.

And if you don't BO-lieve me: check the ratings.
>>
>>2654936
>Roman Reigns

He gets booed out of the building as the leading face. That is not a good reaction, that is the worst possible one. Even getting no reaction might be better for a face.
>>
>>2654984
I don't think that's true. It's bad if you're cheering hard for someone else and shitting all over the top face (See: Daniel Bryan VS Batista), but when you're shitting all over the top face and not cheering strong for anyone else, you're offering no alternatives.
>>
>>2654996
I mean.

Dean Ambrose in 2015 and early 2016. AJ Styles in the Spring.

By now they've managed kill everybody else on Raw, so. There's nobody else the fans are invested in.
>>
>>2654996
>cheered Bryan hard
>gets jobbed out to Reigns

>cheered Ambrose hard
>gets chumped out for 2 years

>cheered Rollins hard
>made a heel into his comeback

>cheered Strowman hard
>gets chumped out at Fastlane

Are we seeing a pattern here? I'm probably forgetting numerous other examples.
>>
File: balorsaveswrestling.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
balorsaveswrestling.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>2654745
>>
File: 1494473355836.gif (1MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494473355836.gif
1MB, 245x300px
>>2654745
>surprised reigns go over
>>
>>2654984
big daddy meltz already confirmed
>boo roman
>vince thinks you're really passionate about him
>continues to push even harder
>the only way you'll get anything done about the guy is to make no noise at all for him

I know the whole quoting meltzer thing is a meme but its the only explanation that makes sense. People have been booing him out of the building for years yet Vince still pushes him
>>
>>2655283
Vince hasn't given a shit about fan reactions for over a decade (and if we're being honest, before that as well).

If people don't react to Reigns he won't care, either.
>>
>>2655283
>>2655298
>THE AUDIENCE IS AWESTRUCK WITH RESPECTFUL SILENCE FOR THE BIG DOG, ROMAN REIGNS.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.