[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Per Dave Meltzer - The plan for Reigns going forward >right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3457.png (244KB, 562x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3457.png
244KB, 562x408px
Per Dave Meltzer - The plan for Reigns going forward
>right now the current plan is to move Reigns to Smackdown towards the end of the year. They want to put the Smackdown title (WWE title) on him, whilst Lesnar still has the raw title. The idea now going forward is that Reigns and Lesnar will go at it at Wrestlemania champion versus champion, and you know, they'll have Reigns go over as the undisputed champion. Um, right now, this is totally Vinces idea, but everyone else isn't really for it. But you know, we'll just have to wait and see. Vince is pretty big on this idea now, and he is 100% having Reigns go over Lesnar at Mania, but now he's also really digging the idea of making Reigns undisputed champ.
>>
Fuck off with your fake news. He's winning the IC title from Miz.
>>
>>2650415
Here's a pity (You)
>>
>>2650417

That was what the guy wrote, who makes up news.

I don't know...looks more like Reigns vs. Wyatt now...
>>
I hear Vince have gotten tired of Roman Reigns and is going to start pushing Corbin very soon. Reigns might even be fired.
>>
>>2650415
Fucking seriously? What the fuck is up with Vince? Does he want to run the company into the ground before he dies or some shit?
>>
>>2650445
That's bullshit but I'll believe it.
>>
reigns must be fucking vince senseless every week lol he is crazy about reigns is embarassing to see
>>
>>2650492
in your dreams maybe
>>
>>2650502
Sex isn't everything, Yelissa. Especially not to a living god like Vince Kennedy McMahon. Reigns really need to start proving himself now, because let me tell you, the honeymoon didn't get over.
>>
>>2650518
lol vince is never gonna quit reigns ever
>>
In all honesty, has Reigns been given the biggest push in the history of professional wrestling? It's been 4 years and 3 WM main events, 3 world title runs, retiring the undertaker and probably Lesnar next year, and he still isn't even remotely close to being over.
>>
B A S E D
>>
>>2650534
Yes, and nobody comes close.
>>
>>2650415
You can tell it's authentic Meltzer because
>Um, you know.
>>
>>2650538
I just can't understand what they see in him. At this point, it's got to be totally ego, and Vince refusing to give in just so he can say 'I won'.
>>
>>2650415
>the entire brand split was to get Roman over

And it's still going to fail.
>>
>>2650542
I think that's definitely a driving factor, and also the thinking that they're at the point of no return - they've invested too heavily and surely they are at the cusp of having the crowd come around and accept Reigns if only they stay the course with him.
>>
>>2650554
>crowd come around and accept Reigns
They hammered the final nail in the 'failing to get reigns over' coffin the moment hey had him retire Taker. Reigns will never be a star, and the company will suffer tremendously because Vince is an out of touch old geezer surrounded by old carny fucks and yes men stuck in their ways.
>>
>creating a brand split and an entire new championship only for 4 people to hold it before it gets merged again
fuck this company
>>
>>2650564

You don't understand. The WWE is in such a dark place by now, that they are happy with any reaction, even roaring boos against their "face of the company" and since they don't have to be successful anymore, they can tank viewership with Roman without repercussions.
>>
>>2650534
>3 world title runs
None of which were long at all. Which is why I don't get this extreme hatred for him. In fact it makes the title and him look so weak that he didn't keep it for long. I remember Cena having much longer reigns than this with his first 3 title reigns.

>retiring the undertaker
Old washed up Undertaker. Everyone has to retire eventually and it was smart of them to have one of their old guard put over a newer guy.

>and probably Lesnar next year
Lesnar is an asshole white man with the mentality of a jew. He'll stick around as long as Vince keeps paying him money he doesn't deserve since he isn't drawing enough to justify paying him so much. I'm still a fan and he legit is still one of my favorites but Goldberg coming back and being over initially as much as he was only to get shit on by retarded modern wrestling fans eventually has kind of left a bitter taste for me. In a way it is indirectly Lesnar's fault these shit fans turned on Goldberg. They should have had Goldberg beat Lesnar at Mania clean and just lose to Reigns a month later. I would have much preferred that kind of booking. The Lesnar meme is getting a bit ridiculous now and shows the hypocrisy modern fans truly have.

>and he still isn't even remotely close to being over.
This is a fucking lie. He is over. He is getting Cena type reactions only this time a bit more hate than likes on average. So almost like a heel reaction type of Cena reaction. He is also a top merch seller. I prefer Braun but I don't hate Reigns like these fatass neckbeard smarks do.

Sometimes I feel Reigns would have been much better received had they let him win the Rumble Batista was in. The fans were willing to go with him if it meant no Batista win at the Rumble.

>tldr
Modern fans are ruining wrestling. Too many of them get behind shit indie wrestlers like Finn Balor to. GTFO with that shit he fucking sucks.
>>
>>2650610
SEETHING
>>
>>2650415
>split the brands up and make new titles
>literally one year later combine championships
at least make this believable you idiot
>>
>>2650610
I was gonna respond to this point by point but then you just went fully into OBESE SMARK RUIN MY WRESTLE BAD ARGH.

Seething.
>>
>>2650415

Good, let these clowns go out of business
>>
did you guys not watch cena get booed for over 10 years while the ratings declined? a lot of you ended up liking that fucking loser.. ur the reason roman will continue to be pushed as the big dog.
>>
>>2650610
>a heel reaction type of Cena reaction

Yes, this is the reaction you want your top face of the company to receive.

>Reigns winning the Other Bryan Rumble would've gone well for him

Where's your outcry for Rusev not getting his Royal Rumble win and main event push in 2016?

>Balor
>indy
>>
>>2650610
>Cena having longer reigns
Cena was over organically, and wasn't shoved down the throats of the fans. The audience rejected Reigns, and he should never have won a championship in the first place with how the crowds were reacting to him.

>put over a newer guy
And why Reigns? Reigns has already been given push after push after push. A young guy being put over a veteran is to help get the young guy over, and Reigns going over taker didn't help Reigns in the slightest.

>he is over
No. No he isn't. There is really no denying this. Ratings are at an all time low, his house shows draw low numbers, and he is consistently outsold in merch by AJ, Ambrose, Cena, the New Day and even fucking James Ellsworth ffs.

>he is getting Cena type reactions
Wrong again idiot. Cena, initially, only got bad to mixed reactions in smart cities. Reigns is getting bad reactions every where he goes. And on top of that, Cena has always been a draw.

>modern fans are ruining wrestling
Blah blah blah. Your entire post is utter cunt gibberish.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (62KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
62KB, 536x800px
>>2650415
>per dave meltzer

Vince is going for the Cena plan with BBD and you know it.
>>
File: door.png (941KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
door.png
941KB, 800x800px
>>2650415
Looks like I'm going to have catch up whats happening in New Japan if this is even remotely true.
>>
>>2650610
>He is getting Cena type reactions only this time a bit more hate than likes on average.

Cena is getting those reactions, because the people are sick of him and getting those reactions isn't great for Cena either.

Having the new face of the company getting those reactions at the beginning of his run is a disaster.

Cena is also the best talker the WWE has left and still has tons of charisma and mainstream popularity.

Roman can't talk for shit, has no charisma and never will get mainstream popularity.

He could be the best wrestler in the world and have the best matches and he would still suck as the backbone of the company.
>>
>>2650645
>And why Reigns? Reigns has already been given push after push after push. A young guy being put over a veteran is to help get the young guy over, and Reigns going over taker didn't help Reigns in the slightest.
Especially because two weeks later they went right back to Underdog Babyface Roman Reigns How Will He Overcome The Odds?!

Like, he's spent over a month hobbling around, beat to shit. How can anyone give a shit about him beating the Undertaker anymore? It was all just a giant fucking waste of one of the last true stars they had left.

And they're probably gonna throw Lesnar and Cena down that hole too. Lesnar, we know for sure and Cena's enough of a company man that he'll probably put Roman over before he leaves.
>>
>>2650415
>make two titles
>just so you can reunite them again after a year
>>
>>2650673
Idk I feel like Cena is actually a massive smark in real life. He probably hates Reigns too.
>>
>>2650678
Cena is a massive AJPW fanboy
>>
>>2650678
Maybe, but he's also a company man. Dude let Vince convince him to turn his proposal into a public spectacle.

I do kinda wonder if that line to Miz about how he wanted to be wrestling the Undertaker was for real, though. He could be kinda pissed that his chance to wrestle Taker never came.
>>
>>2650610
>he's over now damnit, i'll show you!
>gets title
>oh shit these buyrates, get if off him!

That's what happens every time
>>
>>2650686
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC9R8acFl74
>>
>>2650688
Nah the first two were intentionally short. The third one, where he won it at Mania, was gonna be the long one but his stupid ass got popped for Adderall.
>>
>>2650694
They were short and ended in bullshit to attempt building up sympy for him (lel)

If everything went to Vince's original plan he would've beaten Lesnar clean at 31 and held the gold for a year
>>
>>2650445

I think this could be true. I mean, a champ vs champ ME should also have the Rumble winner in it.

I believe Vince will pull it as if Roman is going over again. But then a guy younger or with at least the same age than Roman (Mojo, Big E, RuRu, Bray, Ryder, Corbin) wins the rumble, looks like filler to make Brock work less during the buildup, and goes over at the match. Then Vince reveals that this was the plan since the beggining and Meltzer kills himself because his credibility is dead.
>>
>>2650415
Fake

If they really wanted Big Dog on Smackdown they would have done so already

He can be in a garbage feud with Miz/Jasethy/Deanetty/etc until Strowman comes back

That way smarks will have no excuses that he's being """shoved""" in the main title picture again
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 300x276px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 300x276px
I swear we go to a unification title match every 4 years
>>
>>2650415
Who would the rumble winner face?
>>
File: 1492972153673.jpg (59KB, 673x528px) Image search: [Google]
1492972153673.jpg
59KB, 673x528px
>>2650564
The kicker is he got amazing heat the next Raw, completely heeled it up and had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Then the following fucking week he acts all apologetic about the whole thing backstage and you can just hear the crowd groan in disappointment. It is really is genuinely dumbfounding what they're trying to do with him.
>>
I doubt the legitimacy of this. I tossed around the idea in my head too but if they really want two brands they can't unify the titles.

At this point they need two brands as well unless they plan on sacking a decent size portion of the roster.
>>
>>2650486
Record.
High.
Profits.
>>
>>2650874
I couldn't believe they went straight back to babyface underdog Reigns. Like, I was straight up dumbfounded.

They just don't care. That's the only explanation. They'll use whatever confirmation bias they have to to convince themselves that their way is right and nothing's gonna convince them until the money stops rolling in.
>>
>>2650865
Reigns will win that desu
>>
>>2650877
record high profits happened in 2000. The meme you meant to use was record high revenue.
>>
>>2650691
>that ovation
>you now remember how insanely over John Cena was before Vince let him anywhere near the title
>>
When was the last time Meltz was right?
>>
>>2651153
When he called the entire Wrestlemania card months before it happened?
>>
>>2650669
>NJPW gets Batista his final run as a wrestler
>Batista gets the shovel to buried the Jrs. on Ricochet, Ospreay and others
>Batista vs Tanahashi match

The sky is the fucking limit.
>>
>>2650610
3 wrestlemania main events in a row
3 dedicated Royal Rumbles

>This is a fucking lie. He is over. He is getting Cena and I'm a fat neet.

People chanting ''go away'' isn't hype. No matter how much you try to spin it. Now AJ Styles is outselling him in merch, despite zero push in 2017 and having dropped the belt. Roman is a failure.

His merch numbers also are nowhere near Cena's half.
>Modern fans are ruining wrestling.
Just like Kevin Nash/Diesel didn't draw a dime as champ, Lex Luger failed, Rocky Maivia failed. Fans haven't changed. Roman is boring and you are a moron.
>>
>>2651217
>Lex Luger failed,
tbf Lex Luger could've been fine if they hadn't done that stupid countout thing.
>>
Skipped RAW and Smackdown last week, think I am done for a while. The heavy Reigns push (not him) have killed my interest completely.
>>
>>2651217
luger didnt fail you moron idiot
>>
>>2651291
He didn't even source it, m8, there's nothing to suggest Le Meltz actually said that.
>>
>>2650610
>None of which were long at all.

The first one was bullshit and they tried to do a Daniel Bryan sympathy angle for him, did not work since smarks already know he's the chosen one and its hard to be invested when the bosses are putting over their new guy

The second one they wasted because they were hellbent on crowning him for Wrestlemania, get Hunter a new title reign and did not learn that he can just retain and make HHH really, really strong

The third one is all on him, he took too much Adderall and wasted his WM title reign

He should get a proper 6+ month title reign if he really is scheduled to go over Bork, Roman is not good as a chasing champion
>>
>>2650415
>whilst
meltzer doesn't talk like a complete moron
fake news
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.