[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When Rick Rude was on TV, they watched him..When Sting was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: mike graham never drew a dime.png (604KB, 1169x647px) Image search: [Google]
mike graham never drew a dime.png
604KB, 1169x647px
>When Rick Rude was on TV, they watched him..When Sting was on TV, they watched him. Luger? Ehh, somewhat somewhat.

Was he right? Any grandpas here who watched wrestling back then that can verify this?
>>
>>2645050
true
>>
>>2645050
A classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDyUOzNqZ5Q
>>
>>2645050
He is literally our guy. Honorary /asp/ hall of famer
>>
>>2645050

He literally worked himself into a shoot.

It's funny how he goes on about "midgets" when he was like 5'8" and the only became a top guy because his daddy had the book for Championship Wrestling
>>
>>2645104
BILLED 5'8
was probably 5'4 poor lil guy
>>
>>2645090
>so ashamed of his life he shot himself

Actually yeah he's the ideal rep for this board
>>
>>2645050
Stink never drew a penny
>>
>>2645050
My actual grandfather hated Luger and thought he was gay.
>>
>>2645090
yes, he killed himself and drew no one to his funeral
>>
>>2645139
kek

/asp/etty btfo
>>
He is the reason you fags say "draw no dimes" which is your biggest thing.
>>
File: 14vphjn.gif (102KB, 373x400px) Image search: [Google]
14vphjn.gif
102KB, 373x400px
>>2645050
The majority of people at that time only watched WCW for the old WWF stars like Hogan and Savage. The nWo was hugely popular too. Nobody fucking cared about the "little band of midgets" until they jumped ship to WWF.

So yeah, he was absolutely right. I think he was bullshitting about Benoit though. I can't see Mike Graham intimidating anybody ever.
>>
>>2645052
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVDrme4YtOs

Funny because Eddie Guerrero admitted that Kevin Nash was right about the Vanilla Midget term. Eddie ended up being the most charismatic on the entire roster in 2003-04.
>>
>>2645307
No he's not lol. Drawing dimes goes back way further than that interview.
>>
>>2645050
luger was a bigger draw than sting and rude combined
>>
>>2645880
Hey lex how's the physical therapy going??
>>
File: lexeprress.png (323KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
lexeprress.png
323KB, 500x337px
>>2645050
they pushed him hard with the lex express and slamming yoko on that battle ship. HE was over but it didnt last.
>>
>>2645050
As a kid I remember Lugar getting pushed to the moon and people still didn't like him. Rude and Sting were the times I watched. Dudes were fun to watch. Lugar was lame.
>>
>>2646204
Luger was super over as a babyface against nWo in 1997
>>
>Luger wasn't ov-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH9GK_an9K0
>>
>>2645307
kys.
>>
>>2646270
Hi Lawrence!
>>
i believed him until he said barry windham
>>
>>2647114
>SEETHING
>>
>>2647137
18+
>>
>>2645145
Your grandpa was gay.
>>
>>2646204
Luger was over over in the late 80s. Flair kept him down. So many "Legend vs Legacy" matches with Luger never going over killed his momentum. By the time he actually got the belt, fans weren't as behind him as before.
>>
>>2646270
2:31 vanilla midgets were not even over with their fellow wrestlers.
>>
>>2645577
He said "you", as in /asp/. People might have known it, but none of the sub-90 IQ humanoids on this board would ever have said it if he didn't say it in a shoot.
>>
>>2645050
You have to consider the source, Mike Graham came from his daddy's Florida territory which was booked by Dusty & Kevin Sullivan until they were absorbed into what would become WCW. Sullivan & Graham go way back and were probably best buds so you can see who he trashes & know why.

although he was right about many guys not drawing dimes (double J) I think he was full of shit when he said guys like Guerrero & Benoit didn't draw any dimes. If that's the case then that's on WCW because those 2 were very over back then and should have made them money.
>>
>ywn blow your brains out after your dad and son do it first

Why. Even. Life?
>>
>>2647628
dont let that stop you anon
>>
>>2645480
I did. I was WCW during the monday night wars, and I loved the cruiserweights, especially Jericho, La Parka, and Rey. Rey vs Eddie Halloween Havoc 97 is still in my top 5 matches all time.
>>
>>2645480

Midgets who could do cool flippy shit served a purpose in wrestling. Filler matches between the main event segments. The problem is that faggy smarks got shitty no charisma midgets pushed to the top of the card and can't figure out why everybody else turned the tv off.

Smarks ruined wrestling. They are getting exactly what they asked for and still whine. Go start a cool chant you fucking nerds
>>
>>2645050
His timeline might be off.

Rude was like late 80's to early 90's heel that you wanted to see get wrecked.

Sting wasn't really OVER until his feud with NWO, when he went from being bodybuilding surfer dude with colorful face paint to brooding crow coming down from the rafters, which was like 96 - 98.

Luger was always like Sting's best friend or in a heel stable from what I remember. He was on the card but wasn't THE draw.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.