[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reddit loves this guy and r/squaredcircle has the best wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

Reddit loves this guy and r/squaredcircle has the best wrestling discussion on the internet. But I don't watch NXMeme so I'll ask /asp/. Is this guy any good?
>>
>>2641026
He's great in the ring and his gimmick is fun, but he looks like shit
>>
I don't watch weekly NXT but he certainly felt special on the Takeover.

His entrance, his demeanor, the way he wrestled. Dude just felt very different, in a good way.
>>
There is no discussion on leddit, only circlejerking.

But no, he's a cringeworthy edgelord that looks like he's never seen a gym in his life. Think CM Phil without the mic skills
>>
>>2641026
I like him. I do enjoy his edgy gimmick, I must admit.
>>
>>2641033
cringe
>>
>>2641033
> Cringe
There's that overused word again. Anything you don't like "le cringe".
>>
>>2641037
>>2641038
Go back
>>
>>2641026
r/squaredcircle is not the best. Can't speak freely there. Anything Anti-Meltzer philosophy is downvoted to hell. Plagued with hipster geek snowflakes. Stuff they upvote on front page literally has me rolling my eyes every time I go there.
>>
>>2641046
What is a good place to discuss wrestling? I'm legit curious.
>>
>>2641048
Nowhere. Discussing wrestling is for autists
>>
>>2641043
Back where doc?
>>
I believe he's into conspiracy theories hence the mysticism gimmick he created
>>
>>2641050
Wrestling is for autists
>>
>>2641026
He's a skinnyfat manlet that looks like he belongs at a Sanders rally and we're supposed to believe is a 'badass'
>>
>>2641026
Edgy Wyatt
>>
>>2641026
He's skinny, but somehow still has man tits
>>
>>2641026
>Reddit loves him

Not even surprised.
>>
>>2641026
>growing a beard
god fucking dammit stop this beard meme there's like 5 people in the main roster that has long ass beards
>>
>>2642061
He's not even the only person with that haircut
>>
>>2642061
>Big Show
>Enzo
>Neville
>Tony Nese
>Bray
>Harper
>Rowan
>Sheamus
>Aiden English
>Braun
>Axel
>Hawkins
>Anderson
>Gallows
>Swann
>Ryder
>Zayn
>Drifter
>Dash Wilder
>Rollins
>Jinder
And that's just the people with beards big enough to project off the face, if you count short beards, might as well list the whole roster.
>>
>>2641026

He has good "body language" and he performs well. I like watching him.

However, his gimmick exactly the kind of thing that WWE loves to shit on and ruin.

I fear that if he gets pulled to the main roster, he's either going to get watered down, booked like shit and over time turned into a cringy "Scooby Doo" cartoon villain (like Bray Wyatt has pretty much become now), or they'll make him the next lolAscensionloses straight away.
>>
>>2642113
cringe
>>
Never seen him before, does he teleport behind you? He looks like he could teleport.
>>
This dude is like 5'9" with numale tats, numale haircut, numale beard, and a faggy European accent.

It literally doesn't matter if he's "good" or not because nobody will never consider him a credible champ. He's gonna be DO fucking A.
>>
>>2642118

I bet YOU don't like children's wrestlers? No, no, NO. What wrestlers are YOU into? I bet the gimmicks YOU like are very grown up!
>>
>>2641026
nigga looks like the manlet version of Strowman
>>
>>2642129
smark finna seething
>>
>>2641033
>pretend to hate circle jerking
>some how turn that into a punkpost
jesus the irony
>>
>>2641026
Of course reddit loves him, he's an alt nu-male that appeals to their neckbeard fedora selves
>>
>>2641046
sc has the notable advantage of not being almost entirely posts by 3-5 autists
>>
>>2642113
If they signed Tommy End just to fuck him up on the main roster, that'd be...

...eh, pretty consistent, I guess.
>>
>>2641026

that's the gayest tattoo sleeve I've ever seen. it looks like something a meth head whore at a biker bar would have on her
>>
>>2641026
He's pretty cringy and I hate using this word.
>>
>>2641026
>Is this guy any good?

33 replies and none of them were:

>NO MAN IS EVER TRULY GOOD
>>
hes decent i guess?

the thing is, its contextual to NXT. something i noticed is that its a big difference to what works in NXT and what it takes to be a "WWE superstar".

in NXT you are probably in front of a non-regular crowd somewhere in england on florida or chicago etc and you are maybe working on TV once a month. you need a singular theme and gimmick that will come across instantly the minute you step out.

in NXT its actually good to have a really basic and one dimensional gimmick that gets over every single time.

however thats different to RAW/SDT when you are working and on TV every week. unfortunately i think a lot of people are setup to fail without a lot of work when they come out of NXT with a lot of success, because what was good about you in NXT is going to be fucking shit on the weekly show. i fucking love bobby rhoode but i think if he came to the main show just doing headlocks for 10 minutes and being an archetypal heel it would sink like a turd.
>>
>>2642367
>to have a really basic and one dimensional gimmick

As opposed to all those advanced, multi-faceted personalities on the main roster?
>>
>>2642135
>he's a skinny-fat tattooed manlet who sits like punk
Oh I wonder where the comparison comes from
>>
>>2642370

heh i get what you're saying. but its about what you're doing in the ring and stuff as well. again i refer back to bobby rhoode. rhoode vs no way josie, super fun, love watching that match, but, if you've seen it once you've seen the match. compare to jerico vs KO who have been working almost every week for what, 2-3 months now? at this point they probably ran the well dry, but for a long time they were still doing different stuff and keeping people interested each time.

i just feel NXT has a more "one hit wonder" vibe to it.
>>
>>2642367
I mean I think that's more because the writing on the main roster fucking sucks and fails to help these characters evolve at all.
>>
>>2642392
>rhoode
>josie
>>
>>2642120
we are still waiting for any demonstration of otherworldly powers but are also not ruling it out
>>
>>2641026
is he the edgy skellington wyatt
>>
>>2641026
Seemed decent enough on the Takeover but his gimmick seems a bit too po-faced.
>>
>>2641026
Looks like a small version of Braun
>>
>>2641026
The fact that its not just a gimmick really makes him different . I wasnt sure WWE would allowed him to keep his persona because of the things he believes in nut Trips doesnt seem to matter .
His entrance is really cool , but his look is really not that great , loos like a low-cost Corey Graves .
>>
File: FacetheFacts.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
FacetheFacts.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>2642232
ma nigga
>>
>>2641048

smaller forums

search wwe misc for example. still kind of shite but not nearly as shite just slower
>>
>>2641026
NO MAN IS EVER TRULY GOOD
NO MAN IS EVER TRULY EVIL
I DO THE THINGS YOU NEVER COULD
AND WE WILL NEVER BE EQUAL
>>
>>2641026
How in the hell is he skinnier than the average man?
He looks worse than CM Puke
>>
He's fine. The problem he'll suffer is the problem a lot of fun/good/exciting NXT stars suffer when making it to the roster when they're shoved out there with no support. The whole point of NXT is to get these guys ready so that they can hit the ground running. You could bring up Black and treat him like the next Undertaker, as they probably should have done with Finn or Wyatt, but creative will get gun shy and have him languish doing bothing or taking his character somewhere it wasn't meant to go.

I don't fully blame them. The backlash against the Roman push makes it understandable. Creative has lost all sense of subtlety, though. Instead of forcing guys into interesting situations and match-ups and letting them shine, they just keeping shoving meat into the grinder and hoping a steak comes out of the sausage maker. It's not even that guys get exposed, they're just repeatedly put in positions they should have never been, in the first place.
>>
>>2642770
yeah he should just stay in NXT since he's gonna end up as Wyatt
>>
>>2642770
The main roster was fucking up NXT callups while Reigns was still in The Shield.

Don't pretend his failure has anything to do with this.
>>
I've seen him a couple of times live when I've been to Progress in the past. While he can go in the ring, he definitely needs to hit the weights and get a clue, he's got legs like sticks.
>>
They're building him up as the next Taker.

>Dead guy who comes back from the grave for every match
>>
wasnt a big fan of Tommy End, and wasnt really hyped about him being in the WWE, but he turned me around.

great look, gimmick could have more depth, fun to watch.

he is pretty great.
>>
>>2642800
He isn't THE problem, but he is exasperating it.

They only just recovered with Neville and I remember him getting a huge pops at a house show before his debut. It's like they don't want to acknowledge NXT the same way they don't want to acknowledge experience in Indies.
>>
File: entrance.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
entrance.gif
1MB, 500x281px
I like his stupid Nosferatu entrance and his mannerisms (hands behind back, meditating) more than anything I've seen him do in the ring, wrestling-wise. Really wish his finisher wasn't a fucking kick, I know he has a background on kickboxing or some shit, but c'mon.
>>
>>2641033
>There is no discussion on leddit, only circlejerking.

Ironic considering where you are right now.
>>
>>2641026
Problem is he looks a lot like the main Sanity guy, they need to give him different ring attire at least. Just plain black would suit his edgelord gimmick.
>>
>>2642881
I mean, his original finisher on the indys was a double foot stomp from the top rope, but Balor's already got that claimed.
>>
>>2642915
What's with indy guys' obsession with the double foot stomp? It looks like abject shit 90% of the time and it's simply not worth risking caving someone's chest in for it.
>>
his new finisher should be the tombstone pildriver because fuck you thats why
>>
File: 1486037399238.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1486037399238.png
276KB, 586x634px
>>2642232
>>
File: chicken.jpg (50KB, 550x368px) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
50KB, 550x368px
>>2642832
>needs to hit the weights and get a clue, he's got legs like sticks.
>>
>>2642912
Literally the only thing they have in common is a beard and shaving the sides of their head
>>
>>2641063

Can't unsee.
>>
>>2642919

Black's looked fucking intense though. He wouldn't do that shitty "land and fall back". He landed and then rolled off the front, so while he still came in safe, it looked much more "solid". He's been using it a long time, a lot of guys picked it off watching him.

Number 1 on the video if it doesn't skip to.

https://youtu.be/iNuAL2PvnuE?t=94

He has the Owari Death Clutch as a submission too. Hope they bring that in as his finisher. He used to do a cutter then roll backwards into it (which looked fucking SLICK). He's very clearly holding some stuff back for Takeovers. So he has some other finisher possibilities to end matches.
>>
>>2642940
It's UPPER body business.

GET A CLUE
>>
based black working /asp/ intro a shoot
>>
>>2641085
ya mean an even edgier Bray Fatass?
>>
>>2643531
he's gud
>>
>>2641026
i hate redit, but love allister.
fight me
>>
>>2641026
I think he looks retarded and couldn't even get interested to watch his match with all his try-hard tattoos. I don't want to see this guy ever again.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.