[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to wrestling, started watching Lucha Underground and I love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: 1493766741126.gif (2MB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
1493766741126.gif
2MB, 200x156px
New to wrestling, started watching Lucha Underground and I love it. Where do I go from here?

pic unrelated
>>
>>2640541
Finish watching it? What a dumb ass question lol
>>
>>2640610
Well then what do I watch after that smartass?
>>
>>2640541
Nowhere, everything sucks as far as fun in a """wrestling""" TV show goes if LU is where you started
>>
>>2640541
none meme answer,
>NJPW
>Joshi
>ROH (crossover shows with NJPW)
>>
WWE is far and away the most popular and profitable for a reason. Go to that.
>>
>>2640541
The top of a tall building, and then five seconds later the sidewalk
>>
>>2640541
>new to wrestling
>watching meme underground
commit suicide faggot
>>
>>2640680
aight
>>
File: Dragon_Gate_logo.gif (8KB, 630x517px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Gate_logo.gif
8KB, 630x517px
>>2640639

there're a lot of WWE Shills on this board.

Watch anything, BUT WWE is what I'm saying

Pic very related btw
>>
>>2640541
Hey sorry about the jaded wwe fans, one of which talks to himself on this board all day every day and tries to spam so many threads you only see his autist shit posting. You might like older wwe stuff (attitude era) but LU has a much different appeal than the current product. I can think of specific wrestlers you may like, but I'm still pondering what you should actively search for next...
>>
>>2640541
>Where do I go from here?
Back to the basement
>>
>>2640541
PWG
>>
>>2640541
watch ppvs when they roll around and keep up to date with articles and some wrestling podcasts you like
>>
>>2640665

>WWE is far and away the most popular and profitable for a reason.

Because it was good 20 years ago, and has taken advantage of distribution channels and logistical options provided by the information age.

The actual product is tedious garbage. Don't lower yourself to watching it.
>>
>>2640541
90s AJPW
90s ECW
97-02 WWE
Current NJPW
>>
Honestly check out a bunch of different shit try my slapped together guide

NJPW for wrestling (may work) quality
WWE for production value and relevancy
ROH for an alternative to wwe with slightly better wrestling (debatable) and lower production value.
CZW for carnys cutting each other open
Chikara for wacky over the top story-lines.
>>
>>2641288
Mat work*

My bad
>>
>>2640541
there isn't a wrestling company in the world right now that can match LU's level of story telling. That said, there are still some very entertaining ones. Namely, PWG, PROGRESS, and NJPW.
>>
>>2641288

When you compare ROH's weekly shows with WWE's, it's obvious that ROH is better in every way short of production values. The wrestling is better, the angles are better, the characters are better, everything is better.

The WWE PPVs can actually cut the shit and have some good wrestling on them though. When they get their more capable wrestlers together (and they have a very talented, largely wasted roster), give them 10-20 minutes, and don't bog it down with commercials and nonsense plot bullshit and just HAVE A GODDAMN MATCH, it's actually pretty good.

ROH stuff is still better, when you have the guys who understand some goddamn psychology (Chistopher Daniels, Cody, Marty Scurl, Jay Lethal to a slightly lesser extent, and some others) and are just Young Buck tier flippyshit.
>>
>>2641392
ROH is better than WWE but imo ROH is still a bad promotion. They have absolutely no eye for talent whatsoever, they have no sense which of their performers have any star power and which ones are worth pushing or not, they just toss a bunch of talented guys out there and ask them to put on matches. The main event scene is far too stagnant and there's never a sense that a lower or mid-card guy can ever win the main world title because the way ROH builds stars, it takes YEARS for them to ever actually pull the trigger on a guy.
>>
>>2640541
There are some good suggestions here for where to look and what years. Also AAA is where a lot of the LU wrestlers come from, but there's a lot of questionabley cheesy matches in between anything decent so maybe avoid unless you understand Spanish.

Jeff Hardy (he's uh, not quite in the same shape now) or the Hardy Boyz from back in the day might prove easy YouTube searches for some entertaining matches. I don't know if current WWE will let anyone do some of those ladder spots anymore, some crazy shit
>>
Go watch anime and comic book movies because Cringe Underground isn't a wrestling show
>>
File: tlc3.0_standard_352.0.jpg (26KB, 352x234px) Image search: [Google]
tlc3.0_standard_352.0.jpg
26KB, 352x234px
>>2641918
>>
>>2641924
Yeah, no wrestling to be had at all

keep telling yourself that bud
>>
>>2641936
>heavily edited choreographed fight scenes
>>
>>2641942
Also known as "pro wrestling"
>>
>>2640541
Where is that pic from, OP?
>>
>>2640541
lucha underground the GOAT
>>
>>2640700
Just to let you know OP the guy referred to in this post is >>2640680
Lucha Underground is great and there's no recent comparison, really.
>>
>>2642054
Wrestling Society X was basically LU 1.0 but it's terrible.
>>
File: Mitchell Starr.jpg (151KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mitchell Starr.jpg
151KB, 400x400px
I highly suggest you take a look at the talent over at the World Association of Wrestling. They are the UK's number one wrestling promotion. You can watch great matches with people like Jimmy Ocean, Steve Quintain, Ricky Knight, Sweet Saraya, Villman and more!
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.