[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vince's strength is business while Paul Heyman's was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault (6).jpg (13KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (6).jpg
13KB, 480x358px
Vince's strength is business while Paul Heyman's was booking but what was Bischoff's strength
>>
>>2640065
Being the Jannetty...
>>
>>2640065
Getting ratings, once they got rid of him WCW was doomed.
>>
>>2640067
>using outdated memes
>not saying Ambrose when theres three of them
>>
>>2640065
Marketing and sales....
>>
>>2640065
Eric is Vince-lite.
>>
>>2640065
Production.
>>
>>2640079

So...I'm the Jannetty of meme users? :(
>>
Thinking outside the box and picking up on trends.
>>
>>2640079
>saying ambrose when he wasn't the coolest or most talented of the 3
>>
controversy.
>>
>>2640088
WCW's production was terrible
>>
>>2640086
/thread
>>
>>2640079
Stop trying to make it happen, Carter. It won't.
>>
Bischoff is good at thinking outside the box, but he is pretty similar to Vince in thinking. But Bischoff is better than Vince at having an idea of what is "cool" in my opinion. Like when he had his guys, they were who he stuck with. Bischoff wasn't good at being an actual boss figure, I think he should have had to answer to someone especially pertaining to money.

Still, as a character, I absolutely prefer Bischoff to Heyman/Vince. He was really great at being a smarmy asshole heel.

Also, original ECW is overrated as fuck. It was partly a "you had to be there" type thing, but that Rise and Fall of ECW DVD was pure propaganda and has convinced a new generation of fans that ECW was practically perfect, when they were just as bad as WCW in 1999. 1999-2001 ECW is just dogshit with a few hidden gems like any bad period.
>>
>>2640321
>1999-2001 ECW is just dogshit
you mean after Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, The Dudley Boyz, Raven, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Mike Awesome, Public Enemy, Tazz etc. were raided by WCW & WWF ?
>>
>>2640360
Really, saying up till 1999 is being generous. 1995 was their best year overall and it was kind of just downwards from there. 1998 was hit or miss. Why are you mentioning Austin? He was there for a cup of coffee. And no mention of Shane Douglas? Ouch lol. Paul was a piece of garbage and didn't pay those guys, so he gets no sympy from me, honestly. I wish a guy like RVD had jumped to WCW or the WWF sooner since he wasn't getting paid anyways.
>>
Had the best hair.
>>
>>2640100
Dubs of truth

Bischoff had a way of understanding and jumping on trends way much better than Paul and Vince.
>>
>>2640083
>>2640100

A combination of these. I might change it to "marketing and acquisitions" since he was smart about who he went and got to rock the boat.

WCW's most successful period was when they were trying to be different from WWF. When they shifted to chasing, instead of doing their own thing, they fell apart.
>>
>>2640121
beat me to it.
>>
>>2640065
convincing gullible people to spend a lot more money than they really should
>>
>>2640065
Having Billionaire Ted's checkbook.
>>
>>2640067
cringe
>>
>>2640445
>Bischoff had a way of understanding and jumping on trends way much better than Paul
I don't think anyone has ever been this wrong. Heyman was the KING of understanding culture and trends
>>
Doing coke, fucking whores and going swinging with DDP.
>>
>>2640928
He was a coke guy?
>>
>vince's strength is business
Hence why he botched huge money angles like the invasion by massaging his ego?
>>
>>2640931
"Bischoff only cares about making just enough money to....point the camera away."

(Cameraman pans away, and Heyman makes snorting noises off-screen. After a pause, he resumes talking.)

"What? I didn't say he bangs Page's wife."
>>
>>2640931
According to people who hung around him and DDP at the Gold Club yeah.
>>
>>2640926
I'm not sure I completely agree. I love Heyman, but he was more counter-culture than mass market.
>>
>>2640934
>vince
>business
>xfl

vince is successful in spite of himself

wrestling is a natural monopoly that can only support one company
>>
>>2640934
>good businessmen are incapable of mistakes
>he a freaking millionaire made a storyline that he wanted

Tell me other businessmen who are succesful enough to do what the hell they want without having to pander
>>
>>2641073
That's because that was his ONLY option to compete, whereas Bischoff had an open checkbook and a TV network backing him. Heyman was never going to compete and make an impact with a small-time, "mass appeal" product.
>>
Innovation.
>>
>heyman a good booker

As Kenny 'Starmaker' Bolin once said:

"I liked Paul but he didn't know how to book wrestling in the south....... or the north, east or west."
>>
>>2640125
18+ never saw nitro live. grow up wwe babby
>>
File: cm punk drawing.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cm punk drawing.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>2641105
>vince is successful in spite of himself
let it go, phil
>>
>>2641073
Counter culture WAS mainstream in the 90s.
>>
>>2640069

Him, Hogan, and Russo killed TNA's ratings dead, though
>>
He sucked my dick pretty good.
>>
>>2640079
>18+

"Jannetty" is not a fucking meme, it's practically backstage terminology at this point.
>>
>>2641387
You can't be seriously THAT stupid. WWE has always shit on WCW's rinky dink production value. And I was probably your age now, when Nitro was on.
>>
>>2641383
>ECW '95 to '97
>Smackdown 6
Okay Bolin, how's your territory, brother?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.