[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why's every wrestler named like a real person now (first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1448304905871.jpg (37KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448304905871.jpg
37KB, 500x500px
Why's every wrestler named like a real person now (first name-last name)

What happened to fucking nicknames or weird names? Where the fuck are The Rocks, The Hurricanes, The Big Shows, Undertakers etc.?

Everyone has a fucking regular ass name, that's the reason for todays product being shit.

Would you rather watch Seth Rollins fight Roman Reigns or The Rock fight The Undertaker if you knew nothing about the wrestlers apart from their names?
>>
>ring names are the reason today's product sucks
>>
>>2629426
The Drifter
El Vagabundo
Basically all the luchadors
That's all I got, WWE-wise
>inb4 Vagabundo and Drifter are the same
No they're not. El Vagabundo was over as FUCK. Oney Lorcan was getting massive heel heat when he normally gets crickets. Meanwhile, The Drifter drew legit X-Pac heat.
>>
>Would you rather watch Seth Rollins fight Roman Reigns or The Rock fight The Undertaker if you knew nothing about the wrestlers apart from their names?

Sure, let's try it. Do I want to see Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns or the Dumpster vs the Clown.

You have to know the gimmick.20-30 years ago, wrestling depended on gimmick names, but people wanted wrestler's real names.
Now that we have real names, faggots like you want gimmicks.

Main event of Wrestlemania 34 ... the Painter vs the Ballpit!
>>
>>2629431
Well it does show the mindset of the creative, which shows their incapability of coming up with anything Intresting.
>>
Go back to Youtube.
>>
>>2629584
>"Creative"

You mean Vince.

>not knowing how WWE names are decided
>>
>>2629431
That is one of the reasons.
>>
>>2629442
Id still rather have the dumpster vs the clown. Sounds entertaining.
>>
>>2629442
painter vs ballpit moty
>>
>>2629442
The WrestleMania 34 main event is "The big dog" vs "The beast incarnate"
>>
>Sin Cara is a real name

Fucking hell Mexico build the fucking wall
>>
>>2629999
Sin Cara literally translates to "Without Face" or "Missing Face"
>>
File: literally.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
literally.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>2629426
The Rock came out of his fake fighting real name Rocky Maivia and Undertaker originally had a first name too.
>>
>>2629426
You mean like the
Steve Austin's
Ric Flairs
Roddy Piper's
Jimmy Snukas
Bruno Samartinos
Bill Goldberg's
Kevin Nash's
Scott Halls
Hulk Hogan's

You fucking retard
>>
>>2629426
Yes that's the sole reason.
>>
>>2629441
You're one of those idiots that uses the term X Pac heat liberally while sounding like the moron that you are.
>>
>>2629426
They're in Japan
>>
File: 1485990499773.jpg (2KB, 89x125px) Image search: [Google]
1485990499773.jpg
2KB, 89x125px
Remember their running this shit very differently now, where WWE is the brand and not the wrestlers.

The brand is what matters and not the stars in order to make the wrestlers as interchangeable and recyclable as possible and you see this in how wrestlers are booked and presented to the audience....

We now get blander music, similar entrance videos where the name of the wrestler pops on the screen.50/50 booking so nobody gets too over by winning, repetitive movesets and sequences for each wrestler, similar wrestling gear, and less outstanding names so wrestlers are memorable enough to watch whenever you decide to but forgettable enough to be easily replaced when needed....

So your focus is on the product as a whole and not a standout star who may quit or get injured whenever...
>>
>>2630694
hulk hogan isn't a normal name
>>
>>2630694
Stone cold steve austin
Rowdy roddy piper
Superfly jimmy snuka
Goldberg
Diesel
Razor ramon
Hulk isnt a name
>>
Who else /Bad Luck Fale/?
>>
>>2630634
I though it was "You're eliminated"?
>>
More importantly why do they all have fucking beards
>>
>>2629584
but they're named long before they touch WWE creative
>>
>>2629442
I'd rather Bunch Slapmother vs Slasher McKirk
>>
>>2633829
Beards are in right now
>>
>>2629426
That's why they give them nicknames

The King Slayer
The Lunatic Fringe
The Phenomenal One
The Beast Incarnate
The Big Dog
>>
>>2629999
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.