[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does she count as the first woman to hold a World Title? Would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

File: sexy-star_champ.jpg (3MB, 2250x2250px) Image search: [Google]
sexy-star_champ.jpg
3MB, 2250x2250px
Does she count as the first woman to hold a World Title?

Would WWE ever put the title on a female?
>>
CHYNA
>>
Not while Vince is alive
>>
>>2626523
Haitch's Daughters
>>
No. Outlaw shit is irrelevant.

No.
>>
>>2626531
Midcard belt =/= World title.

Whether she is or not depends on if you count the LU Championship as a real world title.
>>
If Chikara counts, Princess Kimberlee held their world title.

But Chikara probably doesn't count.
>>
>>2626523
>Would WWE ever put the title on a female

If she was over 6'2 225lbs
>>
File: Alexa_Bliss.png (216KB, 320x728px) Image search: [Google]
Alexa_Bliss.png
216KB, 320x728px
Alexa vs Brock for the Universlel Title.

>It Takes a Goddess to Defeat a Beast

Makes more sense than leaving the stupid belt in the trunk of Brock's car until July.
>>
>>2626546
No reason why Chikara wouldn't count and LU would.
>>
>>2626523

Didn't that turn out to be an utter disaster for LU?
>>
>>2626674
just because she can't wrestle.
she has a smaller moveset than Roman Beans
>>
>>2626674
Not at all, she lost it the next fucking week
>>
>>2626674

When is women's "wrestling" not a disaster. Other than bra and panty matches.
>>
>>2626730
Yeah, because it was such a disaster, AFAIK.

Then again, I only read about it...
>>
>>2626670
Exposure. LU is available in 40 million homes and on Netflix. Only thing they don't do is tour.
>>
>>2626674
Well she was awful from Season 1 to this, she couldnt cut a promo, was bad in the ring and couldnt tell a story yet was booked like Roman Reigns.
>>
>>2626795
>Only thing they don't do is tour
I thought they did. I recall they did something like that and they featured Rey Misterio and Morrison.
>>
Ramen's Daughter
>>
>>2628443
Did they just give her the title because they are all liberals who were certain Hillary was going to win?
>>
>>2628526
I'm pretty sure Sexy Star beat up men in AAA too. Must be a Lucha thing.
>>
>>2628530
Did she get a top title run?
>>
>>2628534
Tag team champ with Pentagon Jr.

AAA really is the worst of all major wrestling promotions.
>>
File: shrugmyshitup.png (446KB, 824x501px) Image search: [Google]
shrugmyshitup.png
446KB, 824x501px
>>2626536
>'king of kings'
>only produced daughters

really boils the ole noodle
>>
>>2628526
I'd say it was to keep more heel heat on Mundo if anything as her title reign was literally one episode.
>>
>>2628577
The episode that aired right around the US Presidential election.
>>
What does Jim Cornette think of Sexy Star ?
>>
>>2628581
And? It was recorded months before that.
>>
>>2628583
They were just as certain months in advance, I am saying it was timed that way for a reason.
>>
>>2626786
They pretape like whole seasons, they can't react to ratings problems
>>
>>2628589
I imagine if they were so liberal we wouldn't have that curbstomp through the cinderblock spot at ultima lucha 1
>>
>>2628589
So?
>>
>>2628642
The term curb stomp comes from a liberal movie about the horrors of racism.
>>
>>2628643
Yas Quain
>>
>>2626594

This is the only answer.
>>
>>2626674
>>2626786
You're an idiot.

>>2628443
>booked like Reigns
>actually tapped out

>>2628526
>>2628581
>>2628589
kill yourself /pol/
>>
>>2628697
YAS KWAIN.
>>
>>2628697
>You're an idiot.

Even Le Meltz knows better:
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/857418638734663681
>>
>>2626674
It was like their fingerpoke of doom. There was a huge drop in ratings the next week and they never picked back up
>>
>>2628745
>never picked back up
Because only a few episodes happened after and we got a midseason break right now.
>>
>>2626523
she looks cute
which episode of LU should i watch as a firsttimer?
>>
>>2628745
But ratings didn't go down after the finger poke of doom.....they actually went up
>>
That belt looks great
>>
>>2626594
Yum
>>
>>2626523
Main Event: Sexy Star vs the ratings
>>
>>2628766
Aztec warfare. Really starts to get zazzy after that and before is mostly introductions
>>
I was fine with the belt being put on a woman, but they have much better women in LU. Ivelisse or Taya, even Mariposa are much better than Meme Star.
>>
>>2628949
Ivelisse was hurt and Taya or Mariposa wouldn't have made sense
>>
>>2628648
Only depressed white people think about the horrors of racism
>>
>>2628739
Le Meltz was wrong though. Ratings didn't go down until Johnny Cucko had the belt
>>
>>2628526
>>2628577
>>2628581
>>2628583
>>2628589
If you watched it on El Rey you would see Robert Rodriguez's face every other commercial break urging you to vote this november "to push back against bigotry and hate." It was very clear where they're cards lied and putting the episode the episode right before the election made Sexy winning the title not look like her overcoming all the odds, but as a blatant political statement.

There's already enough politics in wrestling backstage, we don't need it out in the ring. That's how you get shit like Scott Steiner and Chris Nowinski debating over the Iraq War.
>>
>>2628582
He hates everything about LU.
>>
>>2629049
I think it's hilarious you're acting like Sexy Star's title win was out of nowhere when they'd been teasing and building up to it for months
>>
>>2626523
Aurora Rose Levesque will be the first female Undisputed WWE Universal Champion after going over Roman Reigns and Mojo Rawley at WM44
>>
>>2626523
She sucks. I tried getting into her since smarks kept using LU as an example of why mixed tag matches should be brought back. It sucked bad and I actually like LU.

Women would not be wrestling men unless they're built like Chyna. It always ends up looking like some roid head beating the shit out of a fitness model.
>>
Only real world titles are WWE, WCW, and NJPW. Maybe one or two others. Not random indy belts.

>>2628766
Start post-Chavo in season 1. Once that trash leaves, the show gets great.
>>
>>2629091
I'm not. Of course they we're building to it, but putting the episode where she wins it all right next to the election makes it not about Sexy, but about Hillary and RR's politics.
>>
>>2629136
Imagine being this /pol/ obsessed.
>>
>>2629132

Current legitimate World Championships in order of importance:

>WWE Title
>IWGP Title
>AAA Title
>RoH Title
>Impact Title

Infinite Power Gap

>Universlel Title

Honestly, I think the LU title is dangerously close to qualifying.
>>
>>2629739
>AAA Title that high
>no mention of CMLL or PWG
>>
>>2629739
I wouldn't even count the ROH title. Daniel bryan wasn't a world champion until he got the WHC
>>
>>2629792
ROH Title is worth more than the fucking iMPACT Title and Bryan defended it outside North America.
>>
>>2629783
CMLL is weird since they have multiple world weight divisions and their Heavyweight division is overshadowed by the lower weights.
But yes, AAA is garbage and shouldn't be anywhere in a list of importance.
>>
>>2629792
RoH has a pretty significant TV deal these days and their belt gets defended all over.
>>
>>2629798
The ROH title hasn't been worth shit in about a decade.
>>
>>2629798
>>2629811
Only marks take the "world" in world title literally. It has nothing to do with where it's defended. It has to do with the prestige. The ROH title isn't prestigious enough to make you considered a world champion. Bryan and Punk weren't world Champs until they won big gold.
>>
>>2629845
I'd argue that the WWE Championship and the IWGP Heavyweight Championship are the two most coveted prizes in the industry.
>>
>>2629857
I'd agree. Unless you held those, or the WCW championship, you're not a world champion.
>>
>>2629845
It gets defended all over the world because it is prestigious. Otherwise, New Japan wouldn't want it defended at WK every year and WWE would have future endeavored Nigel McGuinness when he mentioned during the last Takeover that he was "a World Champion for over a year" when he was an active wrestler.
>>
>>2629866
Again, don't take the "world" in world title literally. I can travel around the world and defend a fake title if I wanted to, doesn't make it a world title. It's about the prestige. Not the word. New Japan has a working relationship with ROH, no shit their world title would be defended.

And Nigel McGuiness calling himself a world champion and not getting fired isn't an argument.
>>
>>2629866
Indy belts are defended all over the world because it's a good marketing strategy for both the donor promotion and the host promotion. The hosting promotion is hoping that fans from the donor promotion will watch their product and vice versa.
>>
>>2629866
>WWE would have future endeavored Nigel McGuinness when he mentioned during the last Takeover that he was "a World Champion for over a year" when he was an active wrestler

Why? The WWE hasn't been shy about namechecking Ring Of Honor for a few years now.
>>
>>2629876
>(Yeah, I tried to slip the McGuiness thing in, but it's still cool.)

Though I'm not sure where you're going with repeating "don't take the "world" in world title literally" as if it's a winning point in and of itself. RoH is an important enough promotion that guys like Cena and Punk have mentioned it live on WWE TV, with every expectation that the viewers would know what they're talking about. New Japan thinks enough of them to invite its champion to defend its belt at their version of Wrestlmania. They probably have the best TV deal of any promotion in the world outside of WWE, and the fact that Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Owens, and Joe have held it says all you need to know about how prestigious it is.
>>
>>2626594
>mfw Alexa powerbombs Brock through a table from the top rope

Might as well go full "goddess" mode if Vince can actually have a match with God
>>
>>2629965
>New Japan thinks enough of them to invite its champion to defend its belt at their version of Wrestlmania

It's always very much an undercard match, and rightly so because they're usually awful.
>>
LU is a TV show about wrestling. There's no kayfabe pretence that what it presents is real.

So it's doesn't have a world championship. Also the belts have never been defended overseas.
>>
>>2629978
The RoH match at Wrestle Kingdom is never anything more than a piss break match for the live crowd. I don't think New Japan would care at all if RoH didn't send their champion to Wrestle Kingdom.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.