[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People tell me Vince Russo killed WCW >Read "Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: death of wcw.jpg (136KB, 400x556px) Image search: [Google]
death of wcw.jpg
136KB, 400x556px
>People tell me Vince Russo killed WCW
>Read "Death of WCW"
>The death of WCW had nothing to do with Russo

Why did people lie to me? Is it just a meme?
>>
>Russo costing them a third of Nitro's revenue with 1 decision and instigating a bunch of racial discrimination lawsuits didn't help kill WCW
>>
>>2625480
>>2625483
It's literally a smark meme.

WCW ended because the new bosses were not money marks like Big Money Ted. They did not like wrestling. Wrestling was not part of their brand strategy.
>>
>>2625488
If WCW was profitable they wouldn't have needed to be marks.
>>
>>2625502

They didn't want wrestling on their network - period.
>>
WWE Narrative
>They booked 3 hours of tv that everybody agreed sucked, put belts on old dudes and wasted cruiserweights

Reality
>They lost a lot of money and while they may have been on the cusp of turning a corner, the network didn't want them anymore.
>>
>>2625524
Weird how that's the WWE narrative but that's what they are doing now
>>
>>2625504

And if the product was successful there would have been plenty of prospective buyers looking to purchase a lucrative business - period.
>>
>>2625579
But there were buyers. Vince's acquisition was always shady
>>
>>2625630

This.

Buyers that were offering tenfold what Vince was.

Vince must've had some stooges within WCW to pull this off.
>>
>>2625579
There were buyers. Fucking Bischoff was trying to buy it.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks this book sucks? on nearly every page there is falsehoods, inaccuracies and opinions asserted as fact.
>>
>>2625480
Russo was the nail in the coffin. The coffin was made by bischoff, hogan and based nash
>>
>>2625480
smarks are brain dead sheep -- also hypocrites and idiots. they cant think for themselves and just join in with what people are doing. just like their chants and boos, theyre not thinking because they cant -- theyre just following along like herd of sheep running off a cliff
>>
>>2625636
>>2625670
They all lost their interest when TNN said they weren't airing anymore wrestling. How underage are you shits?
>>
>>2625705
Get out of the wrestling bubble
>>
>>2625712
18+ kiddo
>>
>>2625711
The original person said nobody wanted to buy it.
We explained that there were people who wanted to buy it.

Yes, they lost interest once there was no TV deal which made the thing worthless but how hard is it to read 3 posts and not understand the conversation?

>>2625524 my original post
>>2625630 the post these people were talking about (also me)

There's 15 replies that arent your comment. 2 minutes of reading and you'd see what's being said. How underage are you?
>>
>>2625483
>instigating a bunch of racial discrimination lawsuits

To be fair that lawsuit was a long time coming

WCW was doing fucked-up racist shit onscreen and off-screen long before Russo joined it

LMFAO @ Harlem Heat starting off as actual slaves in chains with a Southern plantation owner. I don't know who put up with more shit in their career between Booker T and Mark Henry
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.