[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched it today. It was hilarious and both Rock and Mick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: rockthisisyourlife.jpg (31KB, 686x384px) Image search: [Google]
rockthisisyourlife.jpg
31KB, 686x384px
I just watched it today. It was hilarious and both Rock and Mick were great, but what made it the highest rated segment of all time?
>>
>>2622323
No specific reason. Wrestling was hot. Rock was over, Mankind was over, the Rock and Sock Connection was over, and the segment was entertaining. In the end, number one inevitably goes to something ad it turned out to be this one.
>>
>>2622462
What point was this in the Monday Night Wars, anyway, was WWF or WCW winning at the time?
>>
>>2622472
WWF was whooping WCW's ass at this point.

Stone Cold and The Rock were larger than life, almost holy.
>>
File: 1475953261019.gif (1MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475953261019.gif
1MB, 190x200px
>>2622323
Simple answer: The Rock.
Rocky owned the mic up to that point and seeing him in a talking segment where he wasn't the one doing most of the talking was an interesting dichotomy. Mankind had become an endearing, sympathetic face at this point as well and The Rock N Sock Connection was pure unfiltered gold.
>>
>>2622472
By the time we got Rock and Sock the WWF was hiring talent away from WCW rather than the other way around. WCW had a fighting chance with Goldberg but it wouldn't be long before they fucked it all up and irrevocably entered a downward spiral.
>>
>>2622323
It wasnt the highest ever. I know Austin and taker had a match and it drew like 8.9 compared to this 8.4
>>
>>2622503
It's so fucking weird, cause I've been watching a lot of stuff from that time period and Goldberg feels like an afterthought. Hogan is top babyface throughout most of 1999.
>>
>>2622528
Yep, he got politicked to hell and back. Hogan killed WCW.
>>
>>2622528
I thought he injured his hand around that time?
>>
>>2622323
>what made it the highest rated segment of all time
It had the most viewers
>>
>>2622528
It's crazy that Goldberg never won the WCW World Title again after 1998.
>>
>>2622582
They said that after the fingerpoke of doom, Goldberg was supposed to defeat the new NWO by himself as a big storyline but he got injured. That was a chance for Hogan's ego to ruin everything, again.
>>
>>2622323
You kids must really think it's all a meme huh?
You guys will never understand how over wrestling was in America in 99.
And honestly I love cold stone but mankind was the reason I and many people I know watched the wwe.
This feud was so intense and so brutal and then they became friends. The rock and sock connection was the shit.
Criminally underrated by history but one of the most over tag teams ever.
Mankind took an ass kicking from the rock, rocky screwed him every which way until slowly mankind turn rock face.
>>
It wasn't the highest rated. An Austin vs. 'taker match was
>>
>>2623568
I could be wrong, but I have heard that the long term plan (starting in like early 2001) for Starrcade 2001 was going to be Goldberg vs Steiner for the belt. Steiner had taken Goldberg out to write him off for injury irrc.
>>
>>2622524
>segment
can you even read?
>>
>>2623795

But Carder doesn't draw dimes
>>
>>2623688
>cold stone
t. Tyson
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.