[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oldheads get in here. Let's talk about what it was like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 27

File: tumblr_oca5l8ked01ro8ysbo1_500.gif (560KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oca5l8ked01ro8ysbo1_500.gif
560KB, 500x385px
Oldheads get in here. Let's talk about what it was like living in 97-2001 when wrestling was an inexorable part of pop culture and was 100% mainstream.

>tfw got suspended from school for chopping my crotch at a kid and telling him to suck it, for no reason other than that I saw DX do it on TV
>>
>>2619329
>being a child and still believing wrestling was real in that time frame
What a time to be alive, truly consider myself lucky to have experienced it
>>
I was 13 in 2000 literrally everyone at school was madly into wrestling it was great. Every day in the playground people would be practising moves on each other and we had a 24hour hardcore title. Then go home to play triple threat matches on No Mercy for hours.
>>
I was the only one who didn't like wrestling at the time
>>
File: wtfreaction.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
wtfreaction.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>tfw got suspended from school for chopping my crotch at a kid and telling him to suck it, for no reason other than that I saw DX do it on TV

are you me?

also

>fight in the 5th grade
>kid legit attempts a ddt
>the whole school yard cracks up
>>
Everyone was watching and everyone was yardtarding. It was pretty fun desu~
>>
File: 1490371048001.jpg (20KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490371048001.jpg
20KB, 450x600px
>yfw you couldn't sleep after watching a PPV because you were just swerved the fuck out
>anxious and eager to talk to your friends at school about wtf just happened on the show
>yfw those days are gone
>>
>>2619425
>not ringing your friends after the show and talking about it for half an hour before going to bed
>>
>>2619432
>being able afford to use the phone for long periods of time
>>
>sent to the office for ddting a friend in the grass
It was awkward because his mom was the lunch lady.
>>
>>2619435
>being able to afford monthly PPVs but not being able to afford a phone

your parents had fucked priorities
>>
>>2619425
>tfw couldn't get the ppvs
Once in awhile some of us would pitch in to get ppvs tho. Meeting up at houses playing the old school thq games until it was ppv were the best.
I miss having friends.
>>
>>2619446
>buying a phone to a kid
Even back in the day phones killed social interaction, better get him some Gameboy so he can get friends
>>
>>2619475
Your parents didn't have a phone?
>>
>>2619393
I remember my NM cartridge had a bug that deleted all the progress, only a decade after I read that was a relatively common problem, at least for the PAL version. It provided a much needed closure for the 13yo me who thought himself to be the unluckiest kid in the world.
>>
>>2619476
They did but only used it for work
>>
>>2619399
so why do you like wrestling now that it's shit?

oh and dial up internet blocking your phoneline
>>
>>2619489
Some fags at Uni used to watch it religiously, they invite me to a WM 25 watch party and got hooked since then
>>
In my grade there were 3 kids that ganged up and basically pedigree'd the whole class one by one against their will, because I was tall I thought they wouldn't pick on me, but they found a guy bigger than me from another class and restrained me between the 4 of them. It was fun, I started doing it myself. Now everything is bullying.
>>
>23 now
>didn't know wrestling was an actual thing until 2015

If you were to ask me "who is Hulk Hogan?", I would have replied "the guy from Hogan Knows Best?"
>>
>>2619517
18+
>>
>>2619529

But I'm 23.
>>
>>2619541
18+ means eighteen years since the first time you watched wrestling
>>
we would talk about Raw during lunch on tuesdays. There were some heated conversations even worse than some of the other sports conversations we had during the rest of the week.
>>
File: WWF_The_Music_Volume_5.jpg (24KB, 300x283px) Image search: [Google]
WWF_The_Music_Volume_5.jpg
24KB, 300x283px
I remember listening to this
>>
>>2619329
Amen brotha ... was such an influence we had backyard wrestling shows with 60 kids in my backyard
>>
>remembering how shook you were when stone cold got ran over at survivor series
>>
File: WWF Raw is War intro.webm (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
WWF Raw is War intro.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>
>>2619517
are you retarded?
>>
>>2619718
no sound?!? KYS
>>
>>2619743
you gotta type ":turnsoundon:" without the quotes to enable sound newfag
>>
>>2619707
My teacher who was like a 50 year old woman even talked about with us the day after it happened
>>
>>2619745
where do u type that u alt right /asp/ 4chan faggot
>>
File: 1332965202170.jpg (636KB, 1284x718px) Image search: [Google]
1332965202170.jpg
636KB, 1284x718px
>tfw got into legit arguments at school over the kane undertaker feud and whether or not kane really needed the voice box
>tfw got detention for telling the teacher to suck it
>tfw got sent home for austins fuck fear drink beer shirt
I want to go back
>>
>staying up late for shitty shotgun Saturday night just to brag to my friends I got to stay up that late and watch something out parents didn't like
>>
>>2619581
I would buy all the Cd's they came out with. Fuck. Good memories. My buddy John was a flyer and would just break his arm over and over didn't give a fuck just wanted to recreate the high flying moves. Now I'm almost 30
>>
>>2619803
Based Buddy John.
>>
97 was the best year. Fucking Austin Pillmanizing Pillmans leg. Pillman has a gun. Austin beating the shit out of Bret in the ambulance. Hart Foundation vs USA.. Gang Wars. Bret swearing in the ring when the cage was getting torn down, debut of Kane
>>
>>2619808
He was super legit, I broke his collarbone in his backyard pool suplexing him. He botched it cuz he didn't jump when I called it. Flood of memories but yeah he was a based buddy, wonder what he's up to now
>>
>Be a kid who thought it was real
>Austin not only turns heel at mania 17 and unites with Vinny
>Fucking fuming,I sperg out by ripping off my Austin posters, shirts, and trashing other shit
>Work my parents into a shoot
>Almost get into a school fight still pissed at those events

Still a bullshit decision tbqh
>>
>>2619828
*But unites with Vinny
>>
>>2619517
Back to /r/squaredcircle
>>
>>2619517
> getting into wrestling at 23
Manchild detected.
>>
>>2619828
>work my parents into a shoot

Lel
>>
>>2620033

I was in between jobs and needed something to do Monday Nights, now Vince has me trapped with you faggots.
>>
File: 1490792572140.png (594KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490792572140.png
594KB, 1024x1024px
>That kid who wore a WWF shirt on every non uniform day at school
>That time he got into trouble for wearing the BIG NASTY BASTARD shirt.
>>
>too poor to buy PPVs
>would still turn on the scrambled PPV channel
>marked the fuck out just hearing Austin win at WM14
>>
>>2619329
Recall being shocked how EVERYBODY knew or was talking about wrestling around WM 17. I used to tape all PPV's which were free if you had sky sports in UK on VHS. Nitro & Raw would air on Fridays in UK & I'd be so excited/pumped. Those days long gone.
>>
>>2620478
I did that. Most memorable ones I did it for was the WCW Bash at the beach. Summerslam Undertaker vs Undertaker, Bret vs Diesel and Beware of Dog
>>
>>2619329
I miss it so much
>>
>>2619475
>what is a landline
>>
I was never allowed to watch wrestling as a kid, and didn't get into it until I was 17 (9 years ago) but it was still a pretty big part of my childhood because it was such a big part of pop culture, and people actually passionately liked it in the mainstream. I remember all my classmates wearing the shirts, seeing Austin 3:16 shirts in public, the video games, it being on in the background at my friends houses, and everyone talking about it.

On the one hand I'm still really bothered that I wasn't allowed to experience wrestling in its heyday, as it was happening, and be a part of that and have those memories. On the other hand, if I did, maybe I'd be like so many of those fans who not long after grew out of wrestling and no longer watch it today. Plus, I get to watch all the old episodes today... and probably appreciate a lot of it more than I would have been capable of back then.
>>
I used to write a column for a smark newsletter at the age of 13-14 in 1999-2000.

The other guys knew I was a kid but not anybody else.

Used to read the Torch, the Observer, and 1wrestling daily for my news.

I also was big into e-feds and that garbage. Only true roleplaying, though. Your own wrestlers, not pretending you were existing wrestlers.
>>
In 5th grade most people liked wwf I'm from San Antonio so Shawn Michaels and stone cold were the big two. I was into Undertaker. In 6th grade more people watched the WCW stuff but I stuck to the WWF stuff and eventually everyone came around. I remember I wore a DX shirt in 6th or 7th grade with Triple H doing a crotch x chop on it and the VP saw it and told me it was offensive and I had to change.
>>
>>2619446
PPVs were free for a while in the UK on channel 4, no cable required. The catch was that there were adverts throughout, if I remember rightly.
>>
My TV lineup went like this for me in 1999-2000 at one point (Canadian)

Monday: Raw
Tuesday: Nitro (replay on TSN)
Wednesday: Thunder
Thursday: Smackdown
Friday: ECW on TNN
Saturday: WCW Satuday Nigt and WWF Shotgun/Jakked/Metal etc
Sunday: Sunday Night Heat

Was the fucking bomb. My parents didn't get it.
>>
>>2620559

Also, my folks would not order PPVs so I was stuck with all this TV and just following live text updates of PPVs online and chatting with other smarks on AIM. We had a good little community.

They all stopped watching wrestling once WCW went under. It killed that online wrestling group I was in.
>>
>>2620551

They cut away from one of the all time great Rock promos at the 2000 Rumble for an ad break. As a kid I found it funny purely because it seemed like he was ranting so much that the people in charge had to cut away to pay the bills.
>>
>paralysed a kid in hs by doing the stunner then tombstoneing him
>tfw thought he was over-selling it

That's when I realised wrestling was fake and gay.
>>
File: 1491099449932.jpg (53KB, 750x722px) Image search: [Google]
1491099449932.jpg
53KB, 750x722px
>be kind of autistic as a child
>while kids would be playing basketball or whatever in gym I would randomly run up behind them and do wrestling moves to them

The one memory that stands in my mind is this one time the biggest motherfucker and class bully had his back turned to me

>get in position
>wait for him to turn around
>GORE! GORE! GORE! GORE!
>his head hits the floor really hard and he gets a concussion
>meanwhile I get up and do that Goldberg jump he does after he spears someone
>to the fucking teacher
>mfw didnt even get suspended
>>
Fuck man this thread hit me in the gut. Come to think of it my greatest memories and bonding moments with other people as a kid was from wrestling. We would play with action figures in school, then go home and play Here Comes the Pain, and then watch Raw at night. Times were definitely different then.
>>
File: IMG_3833.jpg (60KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3833.jpg
60KB, 720x960px
>Proudly wearing pic related on the first day of seventh grade
>repeatedly changing the desktop on the class computer to a picture of Mankind getting thrown off the cell
>my brother doing some project on wrestling that for some reason involved the class watching the main event of Wrestlemania 15
>playing the shit out WWF Warzone
>recording Fully Loaded on VHS and fapping to Jacqueline whipping out her chocolate titty
>hundreds of posts on that one major backyard wrestling message board, whatever the fuck that site was even called

I'll be honest, wrestling was still pretty uncool where I grew up, but you could safely wear wrestling shirts in school without fear of ridicule. Nowadays kids will never know that feel. I actually got into it through my younger brothers, although sadly their wrestling obsession died with the Attitude era. I have other wrestlebros now but it's not the same. :'( Anyone else has a similar story?
>>
File: feelsgoodman.png (615KB, 2894x2300px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.png
615KB, 2894x2300px
this thread is hitting me right in the feels
>>
File: 1452621967386.jpg (169KB, 490x567px) Image search: [Google]
1452621967386.jpg
169KB, 490x567px
>>2619581
I had a stereo cd player alarm clock and it would play the first track on a cd as an alarm. I always had WWF The Music Vol.3 in there and woke up every morning for school to the Undertakers gong.
>>
>Be me
>13
>Few friends, borderline autistic, obsessed with wrestling, struggling in school
>Talking to my parents about how much homework I need to finish.
>Dad has a Barnes & Noble
>"I picked up a book today, Anon You can read it when you're finished. I don't know if you'll be interested because it's kind of a history book."
>It's Have a Nice Day
>Read it cover to cover three times that school year

Tell me about your wrestlebros from back in the day, /asp/. Did you keep in touch? Were you the only one out of your friends who stayed with it? Are you the last of a dying breed?
>>
I got into wrestling in middle-school [97-00] because the people I started hanging out with were talking about it and I had no idea what was going on.

I recorded RAW and SD (when it first began airing) every week because I usually fell asleep before it was over. I had a shitload of 6 hr. VHSes crammed with RAW episodes.

Too bad I've lost most of them and only have 2 left, basically.
>>
Fucking distinctly remember the HHH drugging Stephanie wedding angle being like the BIGGEST thing ever being talked about at elementary school the next. Also watching Sunday Night Heat and switching over to listening to scrambled PPVs.

Ah those were the days lads. Never coming back
>>
>>2619329

I'm 37. It was still embarrassing to be a wrestling fan in 97-01. I went to a Nitro in 97 and was so disgusted by the people in attendance that I've never gone to another live event.
>>
>>2620505
efeds were huge... still a thing
>>
File: IMG_3836.jpg (23KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3836.jpg
23KB, 228x221px
I think South Park wrestlers were at least 30% of the Internet in 1998. The rest was made up of Tomb Raider nudes.
>>
>>2620459
Dude, I started watching wrestling consistently in 2002 when I was 6 (Watched tapes and stuff of old events before then). When I got older and realize the product has declined so much, I realized that I invested too much time in the product to stop now. EVERYONE gets trapped by Big Vinny.
>>
fellow bongs member that brief period where ppvs were on channel 4? remember staying up to watch royal rumble think it was 00. GOAT.
>>
>>2619329
I bought Summerslam 2000 with my mom's credit card because I wanted to watch the first TLC match. Got grounded for 2 weeks, but it was worth it.
>>
I remember this black chick wearing a DX 69 jersey and getting in trouble for it when I was in like 6th grade.
>>
>>2622216
Elaborate
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 320x240px
did anyone else have the illegal cable hookup back then? I had that shit and got every PPV for like a year until they figured out how to stop that shit.
>>
> Spending hours and hours playing WM2000 and No Mercy on the N64

> Playing the first two smackdown games and actually being fun because wrestling was fun at the time

> Wrestling in the peak years, every Monday and Thursday was MUST watch

> PPVs actually worth buying and watching and then talking about the next day

Nothing beats the Attitude Era days, and lead up to it. Even the New Generation Era had its great moments. - Everything after WCW dying was just a slow decay of everything that was great.

They had the biggest talent ever, nearly all of the WCW/ECW dudes worth a damn, along with all these fantastic WWF wrestlers, and they fucked it up. They just kept fucking it up over and over again and now we are where we are.

The biggest tragedy.
>>
>>2622731
That's why monopoly laws exist and why competition is a good thing. Vince buying up all the competition made him not want to take risks anymore because he was never going to be beat in ratings ever again no matter what.

WWE is a soulless husk of what it used to be.
>>
File: 1481610042837.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481610042837.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
i actually believed val venis got choppy peepee
>>
File: toptierWWEcomedy.jpg (712KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
toptierWWEcomedy.jpg
712KB, 1920x1080px
so those of you who watched back then, do you still watch now?
>>
>>2619329
MFW the first time I told my class to eat millions (AND MILLIONS) of poontang pies. I had no idea what I was saying. I got in trouble.
>>
>>2622871
yes and no. As i grew older i stopped giving a shit about man drama and started watching big spot indie trash because i like seeing athletic people do shit i couldn't possibly do. I still try to get somewhat invested in people's characters in the wwe but it's hard to do with so many people being bland as shit and anyone with anything that mildly resembles a gimmick being written poorly.
>>
>>2622871
You won't find the ones that don't by asking in the wrestling board
>>
>>2622227
Man, e-feds. I ran one years ago and goddamn if I didn't pour my heart and soul into it while others slacked off more and more over time until I no longer had the time. Handed off the reins and it died sometime later. Was fun while it lasted and I like what I produced and did for it during my tenure in charge though.

[spoiler]I don't suppose anyone here was ever a poster on the Wrestlecrap/Freakin Awesome Network forums. I was BoilerRoomBrawler. [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1488878123705.jpg (35KB, 476x687px) Image search: [Google]
1488878123705.jpg
35KB, 476x687px
>tfw we got the WWF with a 1-2 month delay here
At least there was no Twitter or anything to spoil it for me, and it was on public TV. We even got the PPVs for free at the time
>>
>>2622871
No, I don't watch the current product.
>>
This is exactly why vince put all his eggs in the roman basket.

WE CAN PUT HIS FACE ON BILLBOARDS AND BE COOL AGAIN

>Literal poo in loo thinking
>Would be billionaire if not carny 24/7
>Now pushing poo

State of (((E)))
>>
File: images (11).jpg (15KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
15KB, 384x384px
>>2623123
>vince is a millionaire who should be a billionaire
>>
>>2619375
Glory days

>>2619413
It was a fun time to be a kid.

>>2619425
The feels :( Pre mega internet days when we had to wait for social interaction.

>>2619432
You could only talk to girls you like on the phone, not boys. Are you gay?

>>2619443
He deserved a ddt just for that.

>>2619454
That was me when the pancake boxes stopped working and my parents divorced so money became tight and I wasn't welcome at the parties my dad's family would have every ppv. I stopped watching in 2000.

>>2619551
You could talk about raw all week long back then.

>>2619581
Family vacations with this cd were the best.
>>
>>2623732
The basic premise is true, Vince and wwe could be a lot bigger were it not for their idiotic choices and massive ego about who's allowed to get over.
>>
>>2622871
I was in secondary school back then, and I'm 31 now.
I only watch Botchamania, OSW, and then torrent Rumbles and Wrestlemania to check in myself and see if the product's still shit.
With the state of the presentation, commentary, story, characters, and booking, I can't stand watching more than those couple of PPVs a year.
>>
>>2623930
It really is unwatchable and the fact that people watch HOURS UPON HOURS of this shit every week is absolutely mind boggling.
>>
>>2619718
this is so much cooler than the then now forever bullshit
>>
>>2622093
cringe
>>
File: 1490555736001.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490555736001.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
>>2622871
I watch it with hopes that it'll one day return to its glory days.

I doubt it, but you never know...
>>
>>2622880
KEK
>>
>>2624115
It never will. Move on.
>>
>>2620502
>I was never allowed to watch wrestling as a kid

Damn your parent(s) must been huge cunts to you
>>
>>2623052
bro remember the big feds?
PCW
FWO
Jolt
Shit like that, interfeds, interstables, poser wrestlers. It was so popular for a little.
My first one I was in was e-mail based in aol. I had a website for my e-wrestler

What a time.

Not that long ago I did some googleing and saw there is still a community and some of the people I did it with like 15 years ago are still at it.

Miss those days
>>
>>2622234
This
>>
>>2624202
A lot of kids weren't allowed to watch wrestling back then, looking back it's not hard to see why.
>>
>>2619425
>Soul crushingly this.
>>
>>2619375
This. Fucking this. I used to cheer the heels so I was a big triple h mark. Always rooted for him to beat rock. Wa so mad rock at summer slam 2001.
>>
>>2619481
Yep, many NM cartridges were buggy. I bought mine at a Toys R Us like in 04 for 7 bucks and worked for years, until recently it started not saving my progress.
>>
File: 1475024674124.jpg (25KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1475024674124.jpg
25KB, 228x221px
>>2619707
I was so SHOOK.
>mfw getting worked to the core.
>>
File: 1476675981351.png (42KB, 148x247px) Image search: [Google]
1476675981351.png
42KB, 148x247px
>>2622728
>MAH NIGGA

Hell yeah, cousin did it and watched all PPV's and would tape them as well as American Pie and ECW.
>>
File: 1491193976644.jpg (27KB, 374x395px) Image search: [Google]
1491193976644.jpg
27KB, 374x395px
>>2622180
>Tell me about your wrestlebros from back in the day, /asp/.

>Start backyard fed with some friends
>have fun it's a blast
>fast forward many years later (few months ago)
>notice one of my friends unfriended me for some reason on fb
>find his fb just to see how he's doing
>he is a semi successful rapper
>has a song about wrestling
>music video has old clips of fed we were in
>description has everyone listed except me
>tfw you were Benoit's from you fed that was ran with your best friends
>>
>>2622325
>I realized that I invested too much time in the product to stop now

No anon, don't tell yourself that. Don't fall for the sunk cost fallacy!
>>
>everyone would go to this one kids house every saturday cause he had a trampoline
>10-15 of us would have our own royal rumble match
>had to stop when a kid got double bounced and then dropped kick out of the air off the trampoline getting a compound fractured wrist and broken tail bone
>>
>ywn chokeslam your friend off of a bench in the playground before crotch chopping and screaming IF YA SMELLLLLL

Good times
>>
File: 1493161148957.png (906KB, 639x633px) Image search: [Google]
1493161148957.png
906KB, 639x633px
>>2622180
All of them grew out of wrestling except for me and one other guy. We're still in touch and met two new guys to watch wrestling with. Pretty good senpai.
>>
>>2625159
Man you need a hug.
Ilu
>>
>>2625351
>proud to be a Jannetty
>>
>>2619517
shamefully this

I mean I'd heard names like John Cena and Steve Austin, but I didn't really know who they were.
>>
Got send home for putting a friend in the Liontamer and nearly making him pass out.

Its a conflicting feeling..on one hand he was crying and nearly passed out....on the other, my technique in applying pressure to the back with my knee near his lung made for quite the submission....probably should have broke the hold when he tapped....
>>
>the day after stone cold turned heel

EVERYONE on the playground was talking about it.
>>
>>2626067
He should have tapped
>>
I remember challenging a group of five friends to a handicap I quit match on a trampoline with a net cage and I won.
It was great we did all the moves looking back the only thing that was shitty was taking a Broncos buster in the corner for 5 seconds before I turned it into a powerbomb
>>
>>2626067
>liontamer not walls

IM MARKING OUT MAAANNNNN
>>
>>2626163
Best days in school for me were the day after Mick Foley hell in a cell, his first win half time heat. Man 99 to me stands out I was in 4th grade and my life was dominated by.
>WWF (FUCK WCW)
>South Park
>Pokemon
>Video Games on ps1 and n64
>Cartoon Cartoon Fridays
>Snick
>And waiting ten mins to jerk off to A single picture
And I still had time for school and an active social childhood.
I want to go back. Just to relive it, experience it again and just appreciate it.
I don't think I'll ever enjoy a single year as much as 99.
1999 was the most epic year in pop culture I defy anyone to tell me otherwise.
>>
>>2626215
Not to mention the further we got closer to 2000 people were legit going crazy and fearing that the world was gonna end.
That's something I think that's lost on this new gen.
Majority of the world thought the world would end over a simple calendar glitch.
That's not a meme people really believed that shit.
>>
>>2626215
And I thought peaking in high school was pathetic.
>>
>>2626215
hold me breh
>>
>>2626067
>turned on your friend and worked the whole school
Ultimate heel
>>
File: 1479399631921.jpg (101KB, 700x869px) Image search: [Google]
1479399631921.jpg
101KB, 700x869px
>>2626215
>waiting 10 minutes to jerk off to a single picture

I had WWF and Raw magazines. They regularly had shit like this on every diva at the time. Terri, Debra, Sable and others were prime fap material.
>>
>grew out of wrestling in '97
>didn't start watching again until '17
>i'm too old to hang with "oldheads" on /asp/
damn

when i come here i feel like i missed out on some golden age shit, but when i go check the tapes i realize its mostly just an age thing. you just like the era because its when you were a kid enjoying wrestling. i feel the same way about '88-'96 because that was my own prime time.

as for "why do you watch it now when it sucks", i started watching out of curiosity (like i heard undertaker, my undertaker, the same fucking guy, was still going), and some of it was enjoyable, plus i have absolutely nothing better to do.

there is something surreal and mesmerizing about wwe. the plain black set dressing with 0 branding and ads, that lets you know immediately something is wrong and its not sport, the campy porn-movie acting, and then there's cool stunts or wrestling moves sometimes i guess.
>>
>started watching wrestling in 2004

Why is the attitude era inferior to the ruthless aggression era
>>
Because of your nostalgia
Same way I like attitude era.
>>
>>2626328
ruthless aggression is such a try-hard edgy name
>>
>>2626284
>0 branding and ads
Have you had your Xyzal today?
>>
>>2624511
I member looks like it's still a thing
http://ewzine.com/

looks like there is still some nice feds out there
http://weareosw.com/
>>
>>2626405
actually there is alot
http://ewtorch.com/category/active-e-fed-directory/
>>
>>2626224
No dude you got it all wrong.
I've had some amazing years in high school at college and post.
However 1999 feels like a more special year than every other that has come after it.
Not pertaining to only my life but the world.
I used to give a shit about celebrities MTV movies cartoons I was such a little naive Mark back then. Just so obsessed with the entertainment industry and everything.
It's hard to explain, but you just didn't live 99 I guess.
>>
File: 1493912002434.gif (3MB, 320x248px) Image search: [Google]
1493912002434.gif
3MB, 320x248px
>>2626273
>That issue with the sable hand prints.
>>
>>2626511
I missed Snick
>>
>>2626508
1999 was such a great year.

God, I wish I could relive it.
>>
File: BIfLYP2CIAE1nRV.jpg (45KB, 461x594px) Image search: [Google]
BIfLYP2CIAE1nRV.jpg
45KB, 461x594px
>that feel when sting joined NWO Wolfpac
>>
We used to fight and do wrestling shit all the time. We'd go around and stunner each other in lines and shit. One time I went to do a Goldberg spear on some kind and he moved at ninja speed and ducked out of the way and I slammed my head on the lockers and got in school suspension for it.
>>
>>2626405
>>2626408
Rp feds back in the day with midi files and shit was awesome
>>
>I'll never have the feels when the one kid who got PPVs leaked the results to us before attendance on the Mondays again
>tfw the class went wild when we found our WWE went over the alliance at survivor series
>>
>the fucking weirdos that watched wwf instead of wcw

kek

everyone had sting shirts btw
>>
>>2627394
You got suspended for hurting yourself?
>>
>>2628288
>not watching both
>not finding ECW on local channel
were you even trying?
In my state, raw was on one channel and nitro was the next one up.
It was glorious.
>>
>>2628289
for damaging school property, i got one myself for scratching the teachers desk by accident while playing with friends
>>
>>2628289
I got ISS (in school suspension, where you sit in some segregated class all day and can't talk and just sit there and do shit) for trying to spear a kid, yes. The lockers were shitty aluminium (I'd guess) and made a noise that echo'd so loud down the halls I was caught by a teacher, I didn't really get a concussion or anything.
>>
>>2622227
>>2623052
>>2624511
I just learned that the scene is probably better than ever because of Twitter. I'm kind of surprised it's still a thing.
>>
I'm from south america and wrestling here was always targeted exclusively to little kids. When FX started they had a program with a tall guy with glasses that resumed everything that happened in USA wrestling during the week. That was my fix. Even if the program got here with like 4 months delay, i followed it religiously. I've always loved Undertaker and Christian.
>>
>>2628300
I was going through some of the rosters when I saw this. I saw some of the same names from 15 years ago.
Crazy
Someone should start an e-fed general here
>>
File: rock.jpg (32KB, 498x572px) Image search: [Google]
rock.jpg
32KB, 498x572px
>tfw cutting a promo on your mom for telling you to go to sleep saying give me a hell yeah
>tfw calling your dad a jabroni
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.