[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out-of-character things wrestlers did during shows that bothered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: OLvXici8ekE6I.gif (418KB, 321x180px) Image search: [Google]
OLvXici8ekE6I.gif
418KB, 321x180px
Out-of-character things wrestlers did during shows that bothered you

Gif related. Why the fuck did a tough SOB like Austin react like this to the Shitman being the next Rumble entrant? He acted like he was Scotty 2 Hotty seeing Kane coming out to the ring
>>
>>2618840
It was because he was in the Royal Rumble for a long time and the Shitman was fresh and pissed off at Austin and Austin already lost to him so he knew he was in for a tough time
>>
>>2618883
who is shitman?
>>
>>2618890
Shit, man
>>
File: autistthinksheisaplane.gif (3MB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
autistthinksheisaplane.gif
3MB, 540x302px
>>2618840
asuka is supposed to be a badass yet turned into the autistic naturo obsessed kid from high school
>>
>>2618944
*naruto
>>
File: IMG_3377.jpg (51KB, 620x264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3377.jpg
51KB, 620x264px
Chris Benoit was a face at the time, and murdering your wife and young son is such a cheap heat move. Not sure what was going through his head when this happened.
>>
>>2618890
>IF YA PUT THE LETTER "S" IN FRONT OF HITMAN...
>>
>>2618890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTEAjdPUvX8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr8Rwf5RAMU
>>
Kane saying "suck it" with his electronic voice box
Kane-a-roonie
Kane doing the retarded Santino trombone taunt
>>
>"I'M THE BOOGEYMAN!! AND I'M COMING TO......see if I can join DX."

completely killed the damn gimmick just so Triple H and his butt buddy could try to be funny by breaking le fourth wall
>>
>>2618890
Bret Hart
>>
>>2618985
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjrm52WimtI

I remember watching this live when i was younger, i marked out so hard, was a huge kane fan
>>
I'm STILL mad about that one time when they had Taker run away from Kane by the entrance way instead of fighting him. Made him look like a bitch.
>>
>>2618890
>not knowing every segment in the most iconic feud in WWE history
Are you even a fan?
>>
>>2618840
Bret beat him twice already (Not to mention half a dozen house shows leading up to it). He was blown up, beating and then that guitar rift hits.

You would be scared too.
>>
>>2619050
This
>>
Austin rules, fuck Bret "the shitman" fart.
>>
>>2618883
There are no circumstances whatsoever that would make anyone afraid of butt the shitman fart
>>
>>2618890
Bret Farve
>>
Rikishi going from happy fat dancing Samoan fan favorite to trying to kill the biggest star in the company because "fuck whitey"
>>
>>2618840
How dare he build up his opponent and make him look strong.
>>
>>2619378

Nah...he oversold it

It would have been one thing if his eyes just widened when the music hit, but putting his hands on his head like that was just cartoonish and overkill

Bret was not that big a threat to anyone in kayfabe....and I say this as a Bret fan
>>
>>2619366
What about him going from young, athletic sex machine to happy dancing fat man in the first place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ym_-tXiZQ
>>
>>2618944
that disgusting, fat, saggy "ass"
>>
>>2619401
So basically wrestling should be boring and subtle?

Austin overselling was part of what made Austin so appealing to watch. He oversold his anger, he oversold his head movements when he talked, he oversold the stomps he gave, he oversold being angry at the ref and the world. Everything about him was larger than life.

His reaction was justified not just for that reason (which is a very important reason) but also because at the time he was a chicken shit heel who was constantly attacking Bret - who owned his ass up to this point - from behind. Now here comes Bret to face him face to face, in a Rumble match that SCSA had already been in for a long time. So Austin's "oh shit!" reaction is perfect.

Austin quickly thereafter skyrocketed in popularity (he was already quickly ascending in popularity by that point) to become the greatest of all time alongside Hogan, and basically save the wrestling industry. So how about you stop being a dumbass, pretending to know how to be Austin better than Austin knew how.

Thank God you delusional smarks aren't in charge of any aspects of the business, I swear.
>>
>>2618951
underrated
>>
>>2620427
>Fucking SEETHING this much
>Austin was a chickenshit heel months after doing the 3:16 speech and after establishing himself as a legit badass

TOPLEL

He oversold that one moment, you faggot

Why is that so hard for you to admit
>>
>>2618840
Harts are known to shave years off his career. He prefers not to face them.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 412x307px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 412x307px
>WM 14
>Kane vs. Taker
>Kane beats the shit out of his brother, hits him with a tombstone, and goes to pin him
>lifts his head off the mat, breaking the count, just to put him in a fucking long ass headlock

I watched the original broadcast, and unless WWE has fucked with the audio on the Network version you can go and see that that is the only time on that whole PPV that the fans were booing the quality of wrestling and not the heal getting heat. Why the fuck would a monster like Kane do a head lock? Why would he break the pin in the first place? None of it made any sense.
>>
>>2620471
There are plenty of reasons why that was a legitimate reaction even IF Bret wasn't "that big a threat" (he was, especially to Austin - watch WM13 when Bret BTFO Austin and made him bleed bad till he passed out) you pathetic memer. Your shitty armchair analysis was wrong. Move on.
>>
>>2620533
Years? Try decades
>>
File: rkosplits.gif (2MB, 290x239px) Image search: [Google]
rkosplits.gif
2MB, 290x239px
>>2618840
This Spirit Squad shit from Orton
>>
>>2618985
Not to mention that one time he danced with Teddy Long.
>>
>>2618840
He is a heel at the time you stumbling, mumbling dipshit
>>
>>2620427

All I know is, if Brock had reacted that way to Goldberg coming out at the Rumble this year, I would've been pissed

Goldberg had already beaten Brock twice by then but you didn't see Brock looking all "OMG OH NOEZ HE GONNA KILL ME" when Goldberg came out
>>
>>2620568
Orton likes pulling that sort of thing once or twice a year or so. I like it.
>>
Cliche spots in wrestling thread or what?
>>
>>2620580
Yeah i know sometimes he likes to have a bit of fun once in a while, but this is just so ridiculous.
>>
>>2620579
Totally different. Brock has been well established as a monster for years, and is a huge guy. Also, first victory by Goldberg was over a decade ago, and the SS victory was a "you got me by surprise one". Even if that weren't the case Brock is too established as a legit tough motherfucker for that to work, and Brock hasn't overreacted to something since his rookie days.

SCSA was only just starting to be pushed as a "tough SOB" but it wasn't in full swing yet. He had lost a lot of matches up to that point, including to Bret. He was still attacking Bret from behind, and still a heel. So his "oversell" wasn't an oversell at that time all things considered.

Now had that happened just a couple months later, post WM13, you guys would have a point.
>>
>>2618840
You're retarded. This was the best moment of that Rumble. Especially if you include the 2 seconds before the GIF where he's catching his breath looking down and then Bret's music hits (with a huge pop - he was probably the most over guy in the company, and a face) and he pops his head up. It was hilarious and perfect.
>>
A recent example was AJ Styles suddenly looking scared and timid when Shane McMahon called him out to the ring right before Mania. A guy who had been crushing all comers for months, who made beating up John Cena into his personal hobby, and who had obliterated Shane the week before suddenly looked like a kid who had been told to cut a switch for his own whipping.

It wasn't nearly as bad as when Dixie made him sell a right hand for her middle aged husband, but it was up there.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Austin go "OH SHIT" but then immediately after that square up and start getting ready to throw down like "come on little man, let's go."
>>
>>2620568
kek even lil naitch was surprised
>>
>>2620471
Hold on now, that was alot of seething there, but he was right that Austin was still playing a chickenshit heel at the time. The 3:16 speech was more of just a heel talking shit trying to make themselves seem intimidating and to get themselves noticed really. Keep in mind he had just beaten up an out of shape Jake Roberts minutes before., he was hardly portrayed as a badass at all at that time. It was that WM13 match with Bret that turned him into a badass in fans eyes.
>>
>>2620714
Shane is cool and all but everybody pretending he's this MMA badass is by far one of the more absurd parts of WWE storytelling the last year or so.
>>
>>2618890
18+
>>
>>2618840
Because Austin was an up and coming heel and wasnt top-tier status (like Bret at the time).

Heels are supposed to act cowardly to some degree.
>>
>>2620568
You should see him in house shows. I swear, the only times he's happy is doing stupid shit off tv
>>
>>2621610
Do you think he feels creatively stifled? I see moments like those and you can tell he's having fun but most of the time he seems bored.
>>
>>2621043
The dumb part is that the harder they push him as a badass the less the fans like him. Shane as a valiant underdog ready to crash and burn for what he believes in is a great babyface. Shane as a hard man just looks like he's putting himself over the real wrestlers.
>>
>>2622031
How can he be? He's one of the very few guys who can pretty much write his own ticket. Even HHH called him out over not trying hard enough recently.
>>
>>2622064
He doesn't choose the angles he's put in. What's the last good/interesting one he's had?
>>
>>2622057
Yeah, it's definite miscasting.

One thing that really bugged me about that storyline is how they made it a plot point that Shane pushed hard for AJ to face Bray at Mania while Bryan pushed for Orton. They did that to try and get Shane over as a babyface in the situation so we'd feel for him when AJ attacked him. Two problems.

1) We know triple threats exist. The fact that neither of them decided "oh we'll just do a triple threat at Mania" immediately vindicates whoever loses that match between AJ and Randy to be super pissed at them. They went so far out of their way to not mention a triple threat, it became super conspicuous by absence.
2) We know Shane doesn't actually want AJ to wrestle Bray, because we know that Shane is wrestling AJ.

Shit like that really strains suspension of disbelief and around that point it was getting obvious how desperate they were to get AJ over as a heel. Thank goodness they gave up on that, finally.
>>
>>2618944
I don't even think her running like that has something to do with Naruto, She was pretending to be a plane like a little kid for some reason. Her autistic level must be high.
>>
>>2620714
Not disagreeing with you, but it's possible he was acting like that not because he was afraid Shane could whip him, but because he realized he crossed a McMahon.
>>
>>2620578
Bangarang Rufio
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 562x345px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 562x345px
>Punk acting intimidated in front of Vince

Out of character, knowing Punk IRL would fuck Vince's shit up
>>
>>2622432
Hi Phil!
>>
>>2620568
This is from his terrible face run, apparently people backstage thought he didn't have enough "babyface fire"
>>
>>2621400
This
>>
>>2620568
Didnt Cena do something stupid on the next show? I thought they had some kinda competition going.
>>
Sting, kurt and everyone else in the ring pretending to be scared of some washed up ""'boxer"""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRAdWcfpM_Y
I still laugh to this day
>>
>>2619401
Some stupid faggot talking shit after seeing a little bit of the fued on wwe network. Stone Cold wasn't the baddest mf around at that point in his career. Learn how to book you fuckin mark.
>>
>>2620568

oh yeah that was the one time in his career randy pretended to be excited to be there
>>
File: 1491266044703.gif (4MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491266044703.gif
4MB, 200x150px
>>2622482
Classic LOLTNA
>Anderson's reaction
>>
>>2622092
The last fun Orton feud I can think of was his feud with Christian that ended with him unleashing a full force punt straight into Christian's ball sack, I think it was in the summer of 2011. I seriously can't name one memorable feud from him since then. Maybe his feud with Rollins at Wrestlemania a few years ago when he reversed the curb stomp into an RKO.
>>
>>2622565

I remember that one. It was pretty hot. I loved how much hangtime Rollins got just before coming right down into that cutter.
>>
>>2622565
>>2622031

Orton likes being a heel, I think he enjoyed his run with the Wyatt's.

He doesn't give a shit about his fights with Bray and he REALLY won't give a shit about fighting Jinder.
>>
>>2622482
GOAT overselling by Anderson.
>>
this thread is retarded

OP is retarded

''How dares Austin build up a confrontation? We need dead boring feuds like today''
>>
I don't care what anyone says, putting your hands on your head with an "Oh NO!" expression on your face is not a thing that Stone Cold Steve Austin should be doing under any circumstances. It just doesn't look right.

I don't care if his badassery hadn't fully formed yet. I don't care if he started off chickenshit heeling. It just plain don't look right.
>>
>>2618840
He's not actually scared he's ACTING LIKE IT YA PINHEADS
>>
>>2623246
He could've toned it down and still sold Bret as a threat. The crack in the armor. As other anons said, he had a reason to be scared, and good wrasslin puts over everybody as strong in one way or another.
>>
File: 1478297853786.gif (1MB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
1478297853786.gif
1MB, 200x149px
>>2623569

False

Gif related was him "acting like it"

He legit oversold his fear of the Shitman for the entire entrance and encounter
>>
>>2623246
It was completely in line with his character at the time and with what had transpired up to that point both in his fued with Bret and then match itself. That reaction and Bret coming out looking like he was ready to kill Austin woke up an otherwise completely dead crowd, aka what good pro wrestlers do. Your cherrypicked vision of the Stone Cold character don't change that.
>>
>>2623614
Nah Bro, he's just doing the "Ooooh I'm scared" to mock bret. Trust me Bro I booked it.
>>
>>2622432
Was this before or after their match? Wouldn't have made sense before, but Vince proved himself to be more than capable of fucking Punk's little jewish ass sideways so it makes sense for Punk to be a bit wary in close quarters
>>
>>2618944
She was trying to do her entrance thing where she holds her arms out while going down the entrance ramp. Looked stupid though.
>>
>>2618890
you don't know Turd 'The Shitman' Salt?
>>
>>2623246
>OP throwing a tantrum because he's wrong
>>
>>2620471
You couldn't be more wrong about if you tried.
The other guy is right you are just a childish troll and shows through the whole thread that you didn't live the time frame and you are just arguing for the sake of arguing on a point you know nothing about.
>>
>>2623246
I like how you truly think you know stone cold better than stone cold.
I guess by your logic if I go back and watch anything the mix did for the first 3 years with the company and complain that's not the A Poster with the Money Maker that I know.
Do you even know how wrestling works.
Would you complain about 2008 heel Jericho because he was all serious despite that everything before and after 2008 heel run he's played the goofy heel or goofy baby face?
Like fuck you guy you don't know anything.
>Shower
>Weights
>Get A Clue
>Have Sex
>Gain Height
>Fuck Off
>>
>>2619401
Hello network pajeet!

Bret had been top guy of the company for half a decade leading up to this

He was a threat to anybody
>>
>>2620471
Lol you mentioned the 3 16 speech

Confirmed network babby

Austin was doing dark matches against savio vega directly after le 3 16 speech until Bret plucked him from obscurity to feud with and make a star

Lol you are a literal child
>>
>>2626944
Someone with the network could actually go back and watch these shows and realise that they're talking out of their ass. There are simply people on this board, and in the wider online wrestling community, who genuinely haven't seen anything prior to the turn of the millennium, basing anything they spew about it off of whatculture videos or shitposting. It's a real sad state of affairs and its only going to get worse.
>>
>>2618840
Really bothered me at Wrestlemania when Goldberg lost 2bh
>>
>>2618890
https://youtu.be/pRSbB2Eau74
>>
>>2626953
This is incorrect. Austin was over before Bret.
>>
>>2627470
Not in WWF, unless you think barely audible "pops" is "over"
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.