[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Charisma >Good looks >Great on the mic >Fantastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: HBK.jpg (108KB, 637x332px) Image search: [Google]
HBK.jpg
108KB, 637x332px
>Charisma
>Good looks
>Great on the mic
>Fantastic worker in the ring

I don't get it? He had everything. Why didn't he draw a dime?
>>
>>2615921
>Fantastic worker in the ring
>>
>>2615921
Pat will definitely agree that Shawn's a fantastic worker in the rim
>>
He was gay and short
>>
Because he was a really shitty face in the 90s.
>>
>>2615921
He drew thousands of dimes more than Bret did.
>>
Heel booked as a face.
>>
File: MOTD.jpg (117KB, 1281x697px) Image search: [Google]
MOTD.jpg
117KB, 1281x697px
>>2615923
I know this is b8, but

vs Shelton Benjamin /Raw 2005
vs John Cena /Raw 2007
vs Scott Hall /WM 10
vs Bret Hart /WM 12
vs Jericho /WM 19
vs Triple H vs Chris Benoit /WM 20
vs Kurt Angle /WM 21
vs Undertaker /WM 25

Off the top of my head are all 5 star matches.
>>
>>2615964
Honestly, this in a nutshell

Shawn was not only a manlet but he had a stripper gimmick where he danced around like a faggot, and then the DX gimmick where he went around talking and simulating gay shit with his big-nosed friend "for the lulz". People aren't putting asses in seats to see a manlet dance around and strip in the ring, no matter how good of a wrestler he is

Someone like Bret was a manlet too, PLUS he was boring on the mic.....but at least he was a more serious, no-nonsense, take-on-all-comers fighter who fans could get behind as being a top guy and champion in the company

I really think Michaels fucked up not turning himself into a more serious gimmick by the mid 90s. It might not have turned him into a mega-draw but it certainly would have helped him become a better draw than he was
>>
>>2616002
god you're a mark
>>
>>2616008
>steaming from seething so hard
>>
>>2616010
>bretcuck actually seethes this badly
>>
Someone post the fucking "which wrestling body is your favorite? Mine is Shawn Michaels (circa 1996)..." pasta
>>
>>2616002
You're /asp/ing it up to the point of incoherence, but you're pretty much making the point Shawn did in his book.

In his words Vince was trying to book him as this huge white meat babyface, but he was the "Boy Toy". He was so hatable that he was never going to get over that way.

What he didn't mention in the book was that he wasn't able to draw big money as a heel (which he was a fucking natural at) because he refused to put anyone over, which is pretty much the entire point of being a heel.

To be fair though, he did good business after his comeback.
>>
>>2615921

He drew decent enough, just not as much as the mega draws like Hulk or Austin.
>>
>>2616041
Shawn drew bigger house shows than anyone since Hogan left in '93

The "le Shawn didn't draw" meme is a redditard myth
>>
>>2616053

Being a better draw than Luger and Diesel isn't that good of an accomplishment though
>>
>>2616092
It's still more of an accomplishment than Bret ever achieved.
>>
>>2616100
>Ha ha! My favorite wrestler drew a couple more pennies than your favorite wrestler!

Who gives a shit
The company almost died with both of them at the helm until based Austin came around
>>
He would have been a better draw but he was prancing around with a 60-year old man while the nWo was running wild and ECW was gaining popularity
>>
>>2616128
>bretcuck trying to deflect

sad
>>
>>2616210
>more obnoxious "sad" shitposting

Trump was a mistake
>>
>>2616210

How is he a Bretcuck when he shit on both Bret and Shawn
>>
Because WCW had all the stars including nWo and heel Hogan
>>
maybe he didnt have as much charisma as you think then?
>>
>>2616244
Based Trump working the smarks with just 3 letters
>>
Honestly, just a case of being in the wrong place at wrong time.

As someone is 18+ and grew up in the 90's watching wrestling. WWF at time was fucking boring and got BTFO WCW constantly. WWF's top guys at that time were Bret "The Shitman" Fart, The Undercarder and HBGay. WWF almost literally and unironically went bankrupt, because it was so shit. We would be watching WCW right now today if it wasn't for Austin saving Vince's company.

WCW had mega draws like Hogan, Hall, Nash, Big Show, Macho Man, Flair, Sting, DDP and Goldberg, Scott Steiner, basketball players, Nitro Girls and all the celebrities.

Maybe if HBK didn't enjoy getting his boipucci drilled in the showers by Vince and Pat Patterson so much and jumped ship to WCW with his Kliq buddies Hall and Nash maybe he could have drawn a couple of dimes.
>>
>>2616358
Cool story bro

HBK drew more than anyone else in the WWF from 1992-1996, that much is documented
>>
>>2616382
And who the fuck was in WWF during that timeline after the steroid scandal? That was literally the lowest drawing era.

Just because he made a few extra pennies than boring as fuck wrestlers like Bret, Luger, Yokozuna and Undertaker doesn't mean he was a draw.

That's like comparing which shit doesn't smell the worse. Not a real achievement to be proud about.
>>
>>2616414
lol Bretcuck continues to seethe here.
>>
File: 7200911b87bd3ee.jpg (79KB, 549x600px) Image search: [Google]
7200911b87bd3ee.jpg
79KB, 549x600px
>>2616382
>HBK drew more than anyone else in the WWF from 1992-1996

This is brag-worthy?

TOPLEL
>>
>>2616128
The company survived because they were both at the helm. Hogan and the rest of his roid monkey friends tarnished WWF's reputation in the public eye and then all fucked off to WCW.
>>
Because WWF was shitty at the time and there's only so much one man can do. Also his gimmick held him back. The girls loved him but unfortunately for Shawn and the WWF the vast majority of fans were male.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.