[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel that WWE's workrate is outdated and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: y7brw.webm (1001KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
y7brw.webm
1001KB, 640x360px
Does anyone else feel that WWE's workrate is outdated and boring? When will we ever see life-threatening bumps like these in the E?
>>
WWE guys work a much more intense schedule than NJPW guys, in terms of number of shows, time spent wrestling in each match and time spent traveling (because, y'know, Japan is a lot smaller than North America).

Guys in Japan can afford to do crazy shit at big shows because they're not doing the same level of wear and tear every single night. WWE guys can basically only afford to do it a couple times a year.
>>
File: 1462825699684.jpg (125KB, 680x907px) Image search: [Google]
1462825699684.jpg
125KB, 680x907px
>>2610152
>workrate
>>
>>2610154
Maybe WWE should work less dates and plan their schedule around traveling less. Because their matches look boring as fuck compared to the matches coming out of Japan.
>>
File: kairiio.webm (1MB, 480x286px) Image search: [Google]
kairiio.webm
1MB, 480x286px
>>2610152
Reminder that even the girls in Japan are tougher and braver than WWMeme ''superstars''
>>
>>2610152
That's not a bump, that's a botch. Strong style is retarded anyone can legit hurt someone, It's not impressive. Taking stupid hits for not particular reason is pathetic, whenever I see shit like that in crappy backyard wrestling. What's much more impressive is seeing two guys go out there and doing moves that look real that they can question kayfabe all whilst being able to go backstage in one piece and breaking nothing other than a sweat.
>>
>>2610152
>workrate
Cringe
It's almost as if you don't understand context

>>2610193
That would make them much less money.
>>
>>2610152
Life-threatening bumps don't get enough dimes to be worth it. NJPW is proof, their stars burn out fast.
>>
>>2610152
>>2610255
>Die for me
>>
>>2610351
>Tanahashi debuted in '99
>Kenny debuted in '00
>Okada debuted in '04
>Naito debuted in '06

but please tell me again how their stars burn out fast droney faggot
>>
>>2610380
who
>>
>>2610380
>4 "stars"
Only Okada is noteworthy

Also, kenny's japan debut was in '10
>>
>>2610382
>gets btfo so hard he pretends not to know who they are
kek
>>
>>2610400
>pretends
>>
>>2610313
>That would make them much less money.
maybe in the short term, but long term if it improved their product they'd get new fans who'd want to see the improved matches.
>>
>>2610358
>don't die for me
>>
>>2610351
>their stars burn out fast
Tanahashi is still one of the best in the world and he's 41, Liger can still go and he's over 50. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>2610391
>only Okada
Tana literally saved the fucking company dipshit. Okada, as GOAT as he is, is just continuing to carry the company Tana rebuilt.

Of course Okada needs Naito as the big merch draw and Kenny as the gaijin draw to successfully carry the company too.
>>
File: dleesteinertimebomb.gif (4MB, 350x195px) Image search: [Google]
dleesteinertimebomb.gif
4MB, 350x195px
>>2610269
dude, you can't tell me if you put spots like this on American TV that people wouldn't watch.
>>
>>2610406
Prove it.
Because your reasonable evidence is New Japan, who makes a literal fraction of their revenue.
WWE makes money because it works so often and taxes it's talent so heavily, and because of that, you'll never see them putting on NJPW-tier matches regularly.
Their market doesn't care about quality wrestling as much as they care about a constantly-refilling cup to drink from.
>>
>>2610438
>Their market doesn't care about quality wrestling as much as they care about a constantly-refilling cup to drink from.

We don't know that for sure because no one's tried it in a very long time. and it's evident that whatever the fuck WWE is doing ain't working either based on those plummeting ratings.

>Because your reasonable evidence is New Japan, who makes a literal fraction of their revenue

Everyone knows New Japan isn't as big as WWE, but that doesn't make them (and by extension, their model irrelevant.) They've basically doubled in value each year for the past five years and after WK11 their foreign subscriber base increased sharply. Stateside their two shows sold out most of their seats in 15 minutes. All signs point to there being a groundswell of people in the US who want to see better matches than what they get watching WWE.

Not even a New Japan fanboy here but my point is there is an untapped market of people who want to see a more realistic product than what's currently on local television.
>>
>>2610581
>All signs point to there being a groundswell of people in the US who want to see better matches than what they get watching WWE.

If there was anything of the sort WWE wouldn't still be king.
>>
>>2610824
WWE is still king because no one has the money to be in as prominent of a spot as they are, and many fans aren't aware that there is an alternative. They're the only show in town, that's why they're on top.

WCW's workrate used to shit on WWE and for a while so did their ratings. they tanked because of unrelated internal politics but there is a track record for match-driven product being successful. And we'll see what happens in 2019 when WWE's TV deal is up because their tanking ratings mean they'll probably get a smaller deal than last time.

WWE's rank
>>
>>2610152
>>
>Wanting life threatening event sin a fake fighting match
>>
>>2610380
who?
>>
>>2610431
Casual and mainstream fans are far more intrestes in characters and story.

Its why guys like orton and jericho are still over desoite their ring work being sub par compared tonthe younger guys
>>
>>2612144
>orton
>over

kik
>>
>>2612094
Strong style > thigh slapping
>>
>>2612144
>Orton telling any kind of story
>WWE in general being any good at all at telling stories

Vince has some of you lot brainwashed into thinking his way is the only way.
>>
>>2612144
Orton's not over and Jericho has never really been that great in the ring but always had charisma to be crazy over his entire career with smarks and marks alike.

Having good in ring skills is just a bonus, but that's also why Naito is crazy over in japan, he's a fantastic worker from a character and wrestler stand point. There's definitely a market for different types of wrestling mixed with different types of characters.

If you look at the indys and realize WWE took after the indys of 5 years ago, hosses + shoot style is the future.
>>
>>2612149
>>2612185
Omi dont like orton, but he is over.

Shit he was one of the most over guys at payback.
>>
>>2610438
Not that guy, but do the house shows really mean that much income for WWE? They make millions out of Tv deals, why would they care about a few thousand dollars per week. If you cut a show per week off the schedule I don't think it would hurt them that much in terms of money, and would give their superstars more time to rest or work out.
>>
>>2612204
He's over when he's about to hit the RKO in a surprising way or teasing it, and he's literally never over at any other time. His promos are silent, most of his matches are silent.

Most of the other faces get bigger reactions during their matches and promos, so do most of the heels in fact when he turns. Randy as the top guy has only ever worked once at the end of 2007 going into 08 I believe it was. Outside of that, he's always cancer as the top guy.
>>
>>2612206
They get tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands a week from house shows or at least used to when they'd pack buildings with house shows. It was literally one of their biggest sources of income at one point.

They've minimized costs since then, scammed the stock market and have generally been pretty smart with their money. As a result, house shows don't mean as much anymore. Their TV deals have always been high and they still do great ratings in comparison to most shows just nowhere near as well as they used to, so they'll always get a significant deal for tv until tv truly becomes obsolete.

The only way WWE dies is if there's a big scandal or a massive fuck up that makes advertisers pull the fuck out as fast as possible. Also could heavily affect their worth on the stock market.
>>
MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO MOTTO
>>
>>2610152
because WWE Live exist
that is the only reason
>>
>>2610269
>it's a botch
>it's strong style

It's funny because either way you're wrong.

>Dragon Lee
>strong style

o boi m i laffin
>>
>>2612144
>character
>Orton

>>2612221
>Randy as the top guy has only ever worked once at the end of 2007 going into 08 I believe it was.

It didn't even work then, his entry into the WWE Title picture literally crashed the ratings.
>>
>>2612246
>implying New Japan doesn't run house shows
>>
>>2612366
Yup, let's take a look at Okada's schedule last year.
Just did a search for 2016 at Cagematch at Okada's profile and low behold! 155 matches.

And now compare with Dean Ambrose, who wokred hard last year, at least everyone is telling me that.
Same search, same database, 204 matches.

That's expected. But if we run though matches they had you will find out Okada is having much harder matches, longer and more physical.

And if you are one of those people who will just say "spots and no story" you are so, so fucking wrong. Because there are a lot of stories in NJPW, you just have to see more then jsut some highlight video or gif.
>>
>>2612501
Ambrose is also the guy who had the most WWE matches last year, so he actually skews your stats.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.