[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>THANK YOU STROWMAN fucking lol, how does any attempt to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: JUST.jpg (93KB, 997x494px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
93KB, 997x494px
>THANK YOU STROWMAN

fucking lol, how does any attempt to get Roman over as a face fail so miserably? nigga is literally bleeding to death in the ring yet they cheer against him.

What went wrong? How can this be fixed?
>>
>>2603230
>What went wrong? How can this be fixed?
Smarks, they've killed kayfabe
>>
>>2603236
Kayfabe died years ago anon. Roman is getting the same reactions that Rock Mavia got back in the day. The difference is, Vince had to listen to the fans then because he had competition and turned him heel. He doesn't need to do that now, whatever he does WWE will be the biggest company in the business.
>>
Vince is working you marks, brother
>>
File: 1488906192516.jpg (23KB, 514x544px) Image search: [Google]
1488906192516.jpg
23KB, 514x544px
>>2603236

>Smarks, they've killed kayfabe

Smarks are also the one that started cheering for Austin when he was a heel and that created the biggest era in wrestling ever.

Smarks literally LITERALLY saved wrestling
>>
>>2603244
More like Vince is getting worked into a shoot by the fans.
>>
>>2603236
In certain extent, you are right. Which is why heels in general are tough to be booed. Especially with the social media era where fans can easily see what wrestlers personality is. Like Rusev, personally I found it hard to boo him after see him on Twitter or Total Divas.

However, it's up to the creative to adapt, even more when WWE heavily relies on social media as one of the scores for mgmt bonus. Don't blame the fans if you insist to keep on writing like it's 1990. Get creative. That's what the name implies.
>>
File: 1458725380116.gif (4MB, 400x463px) Image search: [Google]
1458725380116.gif
4MB, 400x463px
>>2603245
You can't replicate Austin's success. The central component to his character was an average Joe that decided he was done taking shit from his boss, so he spent years humiliating Vince so the audience could stand up to their own bosses vicariously.

Now it's been done. The audience knows it's a work and WWE's disclaimers and reality bullshit prevent suspension of disbelief. Nobody will buy a heel that says "SETH, FREAKING, ROLLINS."

I don't know about you guys but I'm embarrassed to tell people I watch this. Only reason I still do is for the Bliss booty and Becky shoulders.
>>
It can't be fixed at this point. Tough shit but them's the breaks. Get rid of Roman and pretend he never existed. Try again with a new guy and don't fuck up this time.
>>
>>2603236
>People should feel sympathy for a guy who just a month ago retired one of the most beloved characters in the wrestling,who then acted all smug about it the night afterwards, when he gets his shit kicked in
Absolute fucking state of you smarks trying to defend this garbage
>>
>>2603427
Roman's terrible inconsistency is his greatest enemy. Braun is supposedly a mega heel but showed respect to Taker while Roman acted like a dick.

What if Braun is avenging Taker?
>>
This is Roman's only decent feud since leaving the shield, once its finished maybe the fans will appreciate him more
>>
>>2603236
>FUCKING SMARKS REEEEE

every single day
>>
>>2603236
lol kayfabe has been dead since Vince McMahon personally announced to the world that pro wrestling is non competitive to avoid taxes.

Also, it's Smark's faults that Reigns has been booked like shit? Good one dickhead
>>
>>2603236
Hey Vince, still made that smarks picked Austin whilst you picked HBK and Smarks wanted Rock to turn heel whilst you want Rocky Maivia?
>>
File: 5674667887.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
5674667887.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>THEY WERE SAYING THANK YOU ROMAN, DAMMIT!!!!
>>
KEK

maybe the best moment in history of WWE
>>
>>2603364
Actually wwe did do it....but it was Daniel Bryan and not Roman. Bryan has been the most over guy they had since Austin, and Vince did everything in his power to try and kill his momentum. Simply because he wasn't who Vince wanted to push.
>>
>>2603460
I was saying Roman....
>>
>>2603230
OH SHIT STROWMAN IS GETTING POPULAR ONLY ROMAN CAN BE POPULAR DAMN IT WE MUST STOP THIS QUICK TRANSFER BRAY TO RAW AND PUT HIM IN A FEUD WITH BRAUN BEFORE HE GETS ANY BIGGER
>>
>>2603230
>fucking lol, how does any attempt to get Roman over as a face fail so miserably? nigga is literally bleeding to death in the ring yet they cheer against him.

They didn't turn him heel.

It can't.
>>
>>2603982
If he turned heel he'd get cheered though. It's a dilemma on WWE's part
>>
>>2603517
>Bryan has been the most over guy they had since Austin
lol
>>
>>2603345
>Like Rusev, personally I found it hard to boo him after see him on Twitter or Total Divas.
It helps that Rusev has been the face of his latest feuds
>>
>>2603236
This. It's the audience fault a wrestler can't get over. If those bastards would just cheer for who Vince told them to it would be better.
>>
>>2603230
Sadly Romans going to get praise back stage for this because it was literally the only match that got a reaction from the crowd.
>>
>>2603230
This was legit Die Rocky Die die moment.
I don't feel bad for Roman. He is Vince's bitch. I remember an interview , he said he will never be a heel.
This is a new gen x pac heat and i don't blame them , "the guy" destroyed the last 3 manias with his forced pushes.
If only i blame both Roman for being a bitch and Vince.
>>
>>2604076
Smarks can't help themselves. They must autistically shriek at something. It's been said for years, just shut the fuck up. But nooooo.
>>
>>2603245
Hi EDrone. Hollywood Hogan and the nWo saved wrestling. Austin came along for the ride.
>>
>>2603230
It's the damage control that kills me every time.

>A-ANY REACTION IS A GOOD REACTION!!
>THEY'RE PAYING TO BOO HIM! THEY LIKE HIM REALLY!
>HE'S ALREADY A HEEL THE SMARKS JUST DON'T KNOW IT! W-WORKED!!
>HE'S THE T-TOP MERCH SELLER!! WHY SHOULD I PROVIDE NUMBERS? M-MELTZER SAID IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE!!!

Top kek. This guy is a complete failure as FOTC. If you keep having to come up with a new rationalisation for why he's disliked every week, then you've already admitted that he isn't working as a babyface.
>>
File: I d-d-d-d-d-d-d-decLAIR.png (595KB, 600x706px) Image search: [Google]
I d-d-d-d-d-d-d-decLAIR.png
595KB, 600x706px
>>2604153
>>2604158
>SEETHING this hard
>>
File: 1472175612430.jpg (35KB, 475x546px) Image search: [Google]
1472175612430.jpg
35KB, 475x546px
>>2604153
>>2604158
>>2604167
>>
>>2603230
He's not bleeding, Mark.
>>
File: Super mad.jpg (224KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Super mad.jpg
224KB, 1366x768px
>>2604188
>>
>>2604028
Maybe before Mania, but after retiring Undertaker, no. He'd get booed.
>>
>>2603517
Bryan wasn't over because of an authority angle, he was over because the smarks' contrarianism came to a head and they wanted a bingo hall carny with an ironic meme to be the top guy. The following RAWs had horrible ratings because they weren't genuinely fans of Bryan himself.

Stone Cold drew long before and long after he got the belt.
>>
>>2604041
>the "yes" chant not on par with the "what" chant nowadays

You seriously can't be this deluded
>>
>>2603230
Blood capsules don't get him over.
Also the underdog gimmick doesn't fit him.
Everyone knows he will beat braun and bork this year.
They just sould turn him heal.
>>
>>2604380
>heal
fuck me
>>
>>2604366
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2012/1/9/2695147/smackdown-ratings-falling-with-daniel-bryan-as-champion-randy-orton

Bryan couldn't draw a dime.
>>
>>2604366
>>2604404
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1687101-does-raws-low-rating-spell-trouble-for-daniel-bryans-main-event-push

Here are the ratings after ~2 months after WM 30. Kek.
>>
>>2604380
>he will beat braun and bork this year
Umm he already beat Braun,and isn't Roman facing Bork at WM 34?So it's next year
>>
File: YookaLaylee.jpg (108KB, 994x664px) Image search: [Google]
YookaLaylee.jpg
108KB, 994x664px
>>2603230
>Finlay wondering what the fuck is going on
kek
>>
The smarks who keep booing him out of spite have spawned a counterculture that contradicts the smark norm.

Smarks call them anti-smarks, just like the SJW left calls the new wave of conservatives the "alt-right".

Roman is literally Drumpf.
>>
>>2604443
Even anti-smarks don't care for Roman anymore, they've moved onto Braun.
>>
>>2603230

The only reason Vince won't ever make Roman a heel is because that means obese smarks get to win.

He will literally never ever throw you a bone. If you enjoy watching Roman getting beat up as a face then he'll let that keep happening for years to come. He does not really care what today's dumb fans think.
>>
>>2603427
>one of the most beloved characters in the wrestling
You're not talking about Taker are you?
>>
>>2604451
not true

roman has a huge fan base
>>
>>2604443

>using Drumpf unironically

neck yourself mate
>>
>>2604612
>roman has a huge fan base

where, in india?
>>
>>2604612
?????
Where?
>>
>>2604028
Even if that did happen, why is that a problem? If the crowds are entertained and cheering, you're doing something right. Shockingly enough, when people enjoy something they're more likely to want more/spend money on it.
If he's a heel and gets cheered, you just change how you book his opponents. Wow, it's so much fun watching this heel come out and destroy Bret Hart, because that crybaby deserves it.
>>
>>2603250
This
>>
>>2604451
>everyone who likes [x] is [y]

Roman's fine, I like him. He has shortcomings but people ride Finn and he's all of the complaints about Roman exaggerated.
>>
>>2603460
>underrated post
>>
If Vince wasn't so childish, petty and stubborn as a mule, he would have flipped Roman turned him heel and make some serious dimes with him.
>>
They just have no idea what the fuck they're doing at this point. People are cheering Braun because wrestling fans want that kind of character. He's portrayed as an unstoppable badass who does whatever he wants and wrecks anyone who gets in his way. And he does it convincingly. The vast majority of the WWE audience are adult males who love this kinda thing.

What adult males don't like so much is a wrestler being marketed towards them because he's just, like, really really super good looking. And that's his sole reason for being pushed. Roman doesn't have a consistent character and nobody's buying it when they have him try to act like a badass rebel. Everyone knows he's the hand-picked corporate golden boy with no remarkable talents besides being handsome and being related to the Rock. Nobody's gonna get behind someone like that. He's not a sympathetic and relatable babyface (like, say, Dusty Rhodes), and he doesn't have the whole male power fantasy thing going for him either, which is Braun's main appeal.

The only way to fix this is to turn Roman heel and emphasise the fact that he's a smug douchebag who got everything handed to him on a silver platter and who is never ever going away.
>>
>same thing happened in NJPW when fans rejected Naito
>he goes to Japan
>gains character
>turns heel
>becomes the most over wrestler on the roster

Turning Roman heel wouldn't solve everything, he also needs to get some character. Then again, almost everyone in WWE does so there's that.
>>
File: image.png (389KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
389KB, 640x1136px
>>2603432
>>
>>2603517
>Bryan has been the most over guy they had since Austin
Punk was more over than Bryan
>>
>>2604144
>This guy is a complete failure as FOTC
How? Was Cena a failure too? He got booed by smarks from 2006-2012 just as much if not more than Roman does.
>>
>>2605000
>booed by smarks
He got booed by fans of Stone Cold and The Rock who didn't appreciate Barney the Dinosaur being shoved in their faces
>>
>>2604641
>>2604647
http://www.forbes.com/sites/blakeoestriecher/2017/04/01/this-week-in-wwe-biz-roman-reigns-sales-brock-lesnar-vs-goldberg-plans-seth-rollins-feud-more/

He's up there with Cena in terms of merch sales
>>
>>2604104
i'm kind of surprised the post mania crowd didn't chant "die roman die" but then these are the same slobbering retards who 20 minutes later cheered vince (the man more responsible for "roman" than roman)
>>
>>2605011
>He's up there with Cena
The article you just linked clearly states that he has not reached Cena's level. For all we now there could be a major gap between their sales, or they could be neck and neck, but he is not up there with Cena at the moment.
>>
>>2604612
If he does, then they aren't the type to buy tickets to events. If he had such a big fanbase then their cheering would drown out the "smark" booing 99% of the time.

>>2605011
This is mostly thanks to how much merch is available on their site and at live events.
You'd notice that live events constantly run out of merch for "smark favorites" because it's in high demand, but low stock and variety.
WWE is reducing the supply to fans demand to maintain their narrative of "our golden boys are the top draws" by giving guys like Roman and Cena the majority of available merch.

If you sell a bunch of shitty sandwiches and only a few good ones, you're gonna run out of the good ones quick and people will buy the shitty ones cause they REALLY want a sandwich. Financially, the shitty ones will seem to sell better because there is a supply to back up the demand when the good sandwiches are out of stock.
>>
>>2606450
That's a shit analogy. People need food to live. They don't need WWE merch. Nobody is gonna go "oh well, might as well just spend 30 bucks on a shirt for a wrestler I hate" just because there aren't anymore indie manlet shirts left.
>>
>>2606505
Except literally thousands of Little Jimmies and even Bigger Jimmies every week. People go to WWE show, want a souvenir and when they have the pick between Cena and Reigns shirt they pick one of those.
>>
>>2606505
I said nothing about people "hating" Roman. I personally don't even hate the dude. It's a case of parents wanting to buy a shirt of their kid's fave, not being able to, and thinking "Well, Roman's cool too I guess," because his and Cena's shirts have consistent variety and NEVER run out.
Roman isn't unpopular and some people DO like him. But using manipulated merch numbers to argue Roman's drawing power, when the playing field isn't even close to equal, is absurd
>>
>>2603230
Based Bear Jew. His dad was a badass too.
https://youtu.be/xt7ZDKGj1pQ
>>
>>2605037
>these are the same slobbering retards who 20 minutes later cheered vince
kek i thought this was goofy too. their excuse is that they were cheering vince the character and not the person but thats retarded. this entire hatred of roman is an outside of kayfabe thing, theres no reason to cheer the guy who is directly responsible for the situation that all of these smarks hate so much. vince should have been booed out of the arena if they really wanted to send a message
>>
>>2605048
>guy pushed for ten years is still outdrawing a guy pushed for three years

Shocking revelation you got there!
>>
>>2604064

That's because they're not loyal WWE fans, they are (fake) indie fans, and they are a CANCER to pro-wrestling. And they won't stop until pro-wrestling as a whole is dead, which will happen once WWE goes, all the indies will quickly follow suit.
>>
>>2604028
If he turned heel and bragged about he retired the undertaker and continues to be put in main event feuds with top level smark favourite faces he would still be booed.
>>
>>2604064
>We don't like this product
>It doesn't matter give it a good rating for story reasons
>Why should I lie to you?
>Because I want you to
>I don't want to lie I want you to give me a product I like
>No, enjoy the product I'm telling you to like
??????
>>
>"smart" fans act like they know everything about the business
>keep on giving a reaction to a wrestler they want gone
>when they have a decade long example with Cena of how that went
>instead of just sitting on their hands when Reigns comes out
I got my problems with the product, but fuck if I don't hate the "hardcore fans" more
>>
>>2603245
>being this incredibly underage
Smarks at the time fucking hated Austin. Same with Rock. Same with Hogan. Later on, the same with Cena.

They literally just every top guy.
>>
>>2603517
> Bryan has been the most over guy they had since Austin
(you)
>>
>>2603230
Obviously they're not making him look strongk enough.

Put him in a 10 vs match against Cena, Strowman, Rollins, Ambrose, Jericho, Owens, Lesnar, Orton, and the Hardys, and have him win in under one minute.

That should fix it.
>>
File: C840hSPUwAAaL4a.jpg (59KB, 618x378px) Image search: [Google]
C840hSPUwAAaL4a.jpg
59KB, 618x378px
>>2608285
>10 vs match
>>
>>2608196
This. Go read some old usenet posts and see how popular Austin and Rock were with the IWC/Smarks.
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/565886-attitude-era-iwc-usenet-posts-back-archives.html
>>
>>2608092
At least then he's supposed to be booed.
>>
>>2605000
He got booed when he stopped being Dr.Thuganomics and became The Marine who won every single match through Merch power, even when it's 100% Impossible.
Up until Super Cena his hatred was just the off 'I don't like his style'
Now it's 'He's a cancer on the company and is far too protected'
>>
>>2604915
>same thing happened in NJPW when fans rejected Naito
>he goes to Japan
Also gonna fix that
>goes to mexico
>steal sombra character
MUH BASED NAITO!!!1
>>
oh good, a thread where a bunch of guys who post about pro wrestling on 4chan daily pretend not to be smarks
>>
>>2609498
>Sombra goes to NXT
>They have him learn to stop being fucking cool.

I'm not going to pretend that I watched CMLL, since nobody watches that shit but from what there is on youtube of La Sombra he seems like he and Rush were drawing dimes.
>>
it was a good match desu.
>>
File: 1478494437823.jpg (149KB, 450x503px) Image search: [Google]
1478494437823.jpg
149KB, 450x503px
>>2604144
>>
File: 1486697612140.jpg (18KB, 195x341px) Image search: [Google]
1486697612140.jpg
18KB, 195x341px
>>2608189
>Smarks don't react and stay quiet during roman's entrance
>The only people left making noise are Roman marks cheering
>"By golly! Listen to the WWE Universe! They LOVE Roman Reigns!"

Wow, great idea Vince.
>>
>>2604410
>June 2013
>Bleacher Report
>Sharon Glencross

Put your head in an oven.
>>
>>2603364
Austin was the most over guy in the company for the better part of a year before "Mr. McMahon" arrived.
>>
>>2604028
You mean like Sheamus was/is?
>>
SO IS BROWN STRONGMAN THE WWE RAW CHAMPION NOW SINCE HE BEAT YARD DOG ROMAN RAINS?
>>
>>2604345
>RAWafterMania 30 was the highest-rated episode in years
>Bryan's segments of that episode were specifically the highest-rated
>ratings trended up overall for the following months until Bryan was injured
>>
>>2609498
They were in the same stable you dumb e-Drone
>>
>>2605011
>no actual evidence presented within
>>
>>2604738
At least Finn can lift...
>>
>>2605037
>>2606871
>conveniently omitting them chanting "FI-RE RO-MAN!"
>>
>>2606505
>That's a shit analogy. People need food to live.

I seriously doubt anybody buying a sandwich is buying it because they're starving, you nonce.

>indie manlet

You're a mental midget.
>>
>>2608196
And yet Austin still get overwhelmingly cheered in the smark venues of his day.
>>
>>2606450
Why would it make any sense to limit your ability to sell merchandise when your industry is dying? Who the fuck would turn down $30 shirt sales from your fanbase? It just doesn't make sense, especially not considering most of the money is made from merchandise not ticket sales.
>>
>>2612648
Vince would rather make $1 his way than $10 anybody else's way.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.