[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy is just awful. Every time I watch a match of his just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: WWE-Edge.jpg (896KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WWE-Edge.jpg
896KB, 3000x2000px
This guy is just awful. Every time I watch a match of his just reinforces that. Those revered matches with Taker? Terrible. The biggest con WWE has done in recent time is convincing people Edge was great.
>>
>>2594074
This
>>
>>2594074
Hi Christian
>>
He really was fucking horrendous.
>>
Why did he use a spear as a finisher? His spear sucked. The only good one he ever hit was the one to Jeff off the ladder
>>
I wouldn't say he was horrendous but he was basically a B+ player which isn't bad in the grand scheme of things.
>>
Yeah he was terrible
>>
File: edge.jpg (32KB, 476x442px) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
32KB, 476x442px
>>
File: ZEKiX.jpg (88KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
ZEKiX.jpg
88KB, 960x720px
>>2594074
Try watching a match from him in 2001-2003 before the neck injury. He never had a bad match on Smackdown during that time, especially when he was tagging with Rey.
>>
Edge's strength was his character work (as a heel, he always sucked as a face) not his wrestling which was mediocre at best.
>>
>>2594091

He needed gimmick matches to hide his weaknesses and still had subpar matches. Edge has never carried anyone to a good match, nor has he ever outperformed his opponent in a big match. He's typically the worst guy in the ring.

>>2594103

This is somewhat true, but he was getting carried by GOATs. I do not like those Kurt matches, though. Completely overrated series in part due to Meltzer.

>>2594103

Nah, he was an awful actor and had terrible facial expressions, the type that makes you embarrassed to be a wrestling fan.
>>
>>2594106
Good times desu
>>
>>2594089
All of his finishers had issues.
>Downward Spiral
Looks shit

>Electric Chairdrop
Not gonna happen to anybody but jobbers and midgets

>Edgecution
Just Gangrel's finisher done worse

>Spear
Poorly executed and weak

>>2594103
>Rey
Another guy who didn't deserve the belt
>>
File: 0.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
>>2594116

He also had that modified sharpshooter for a while, it was decent but not really that great

Pic related is one of the greatest tv matches ever and Edge did his part just fine
>>
>>2594074
GOAT look tho
>>
>>2594113
I agree with you in that He's an overrated worker, and his Spear was garbage. Probably the weakest worker of the revered Smackdown 6. But to say he's awful is exaggerating. He brought a natural intensity to his matches and you could tell he was a mark for wrassling.
>>
>>2594131
>GOAT look tho
he looked like he needed to eat a steak. Main eventers shouldn't be skinny
>>
>OP mad about Edge again

kek you post this every month

>>2594113
>He's typically the worst guy in the ring.

Sounds like most guys WWE pushes as main eventers t-b-h
>>
He had great promos and a cool character, though. Cena vs Edge was the last feud I remember actually being into.
>>
>>2594131
GOAT entrance and iconic theme also. When was a kid I used to do the Edge slide dry hump on my bed that he did in his entrance.
>>
File: Efsg63j.png (2MB, 1440x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Efsg63j.png
2MB, 1440x1428px
>>2594134
>Obese neckbeards consider this skinny
>>
>>2594074
get a clue
>>
>>2594074
Edge drinking game: when he misses his corner spear and drives his shoulder in the ringpost take a a shot. If it happenes within the first 2 minutes, 2 shots. If it happens 5 minutes or later take 3.
>>
File: edge2.jpg (25KB, 330x494px) Image search: [Google]
edge2.jpg
25KB, 330x494px
>>2594141
That was the peak of his physique when he was on gear. He looked nothing like that during his main event run.
>>
>>2594149
I liked this Edges' hair and swagger more even though his physique dropped (mainly because he went off the gas and couldn't work out because of the neck injury).

I also Main Event heel Edge matches more, he stopped pretending to be a technical in-ring worker and his style was just based on fucking you up, see SummerSlam vs Matt Hardy and his matches with Foley, brutal as shit.
>>
Where would he be now if he didn't have to retire?
>>
I knew the Edge was shit when he debuted.

His first match in the WWE where he botches and kills a jobber sums up his entire wrestling ability
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE4-jbcdCCU
>>
>>2594091
>>2594106
>>2594137

I'd say this is accurate, he certainly isn't champion material -not with the gimmick he had at least or that boring moveset- but it wasn't too bad either, could pull good matches just not amazing ones.

His time in tag-teams as Edge & Christian though, it was amazing.
>>
>>2594448
>being this mad about a wrestler who retired over 6 years ago
>>
Edge just had the IT factor, I read Macho Man wanted to come back and have a match with him at Mania in 2009
>>
>>2594475
Hi Adam!
>>
>>2594074
he actually manged to make people cheer for Cena in his feud with him when Cena hate was at it's peak so he has that going
>>
>>2594074
Agreed. He was mediocre as fuck
>>
>>2594443
Retired anyway. He said he was planning to call it quits very soon even before he found out about the neck.
>>
>>2594480
You act like this was a compliment towards edge lul
>>
>>2594443
He wanted to have a retirement match against Christian at WM28 so not much would have changed.
>>
BASED EDGE WORKING THE CHRISTIANKEKS
>>
>>2594114
This

Rated RKO was the shit.
>>
>>2594106
what was his character it was a confused mess that was 'simplified' to opportunistic which is shit thats every cowardly heel
>>
>>2594074
Edge was mediocre. Yes he was a career midcarder until the LitaxMatt Hardy thing. And even then, he was only a main event guy for like 3 years before his neck injury. He is without a doubt overrated.
>>
>>2594708
His time in the main event he was basically a smart but phycho thief that looked like Kurt Cobain and would do anything to be at the top, like sleep with middle aged GMs or prostitute his girlfriend (Lita) to other wrestlers (Big Show, Snitsky) for their help.

When he was in the mid card he went from Loner to Vampire to Blonde Surfer to back stabbing douche.
>>
>>2594734
>looked like Kurt Cobain

lol cool autism
>>
>>2594717
Edge had multiple World Title matches and feuds with high profile guys like Kurt, HBK, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Jericho etc before the Lita and Matt love triangle. He was even Tag Team champion with Hulk fucking Hogan.
>>
>>2594138
I got in trouble for doing that once :/
>>
>>2594736
He had the Kurt Cobain haircut, but he looked like some guy from Nickel Back face wise
>>
>>2594443
He could've prevented the Summer Of Punk.
>>
>>2594752
That would have been great. I liked it when I was a teenager, but it's so fucking cringe looking back. I cant' believe I ever liked Punk's character.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.