[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have we managed to find a group that are bigger marks for themselves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

File: OSW.png (328KB, 2735x1265px) Image search: [Google]
OSW.png
328KB, 2735x1265px
Have we managed to find a group that are bigger marks for themselves than even Bret?
>>
>>2585297
What bar are they?
>>
They've hit the peak and are on the downturn. The last 12 months has shown quality dip but the still can make me laugh
>>
>And now for our main event, play us in Gene... it's Ultimate Warrior vs. Hulk Bogan!
>Wait... did you say...Hulk... BOGAN?
>HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
>Ok... heh heh... so it's Hulk.... Bogan...
>HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
The whole dungeon story arc was weak as piss but I'm hopeful they can bring it back around with tna
>>
rodney the piper story was great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMJW90lo5BY&feature=youtu.be
>>
Last 18 months the quality has dropped massively.

I suspect as most youtubers/podcasts they put in a lot of efort at the start so they can get popular and when they get popular they started phoning it in.

Feel sorry for the muges who give them money on patreon etc
>>
>>2585363
>I suspect as most youtubers/podcasts they put in a lot of efort at the start so they can get popular and when they get popular they started phoning it in.

I don't think it's really a conspiracy or a plan, it's just the nature of creativity. Think of a band:

First album: Young and hungry, just excited to be heard, going nuts

Second, third, fourth albums: Wrangle the energy in and focus it, wiser, more experienced, more skilled, more influences, etc.

Fifteenth album: Uuuhhhhhh.... maybe our fans will like this..... fuck I wish I was doing anything else...
>>
>>2585355

I cringed so fucking hard when they talked about eating in America and they reviewed each of their meals at fucking IHOP. I've lived in America 30 years and I've eaten IHOP literally twice. You're a Irishmen in Florida you dopes, eat some fucking Mexican or Cuban food.

I'm glad non-Americans are just as dumb when they come to the US as Americans are when we travel abroad.
>>
File: 1470152636152.jpg (19KB, 298x301px) Image search: [Google]
1470152636152.jpg
19KB, 298x301px
>>2585297

You just mad that they're successful making money from simply laughing at wrestling and asking WHAT BAAAR?
>>
>>2585297

Speaking of Bret Hart the folks at the New Generation Project Podcast made it to the Montreal Screwjob in their timeline.

They then did a 3+ hour podcast on the 1992 Survivor Series because Bret and Shawn had a match there.

Then they did a 3+ hour podcast on the first part of Survivor Series 1997.

Then they did almost 4 hours on just Bret v Shawn.

Then they did 3+ hours on the documentary "Wrestling With Shadows"

That's how much the host is for Bret Hart. Also, before these even got going the host had a freakout over his fears of covering the screwjob and put everything on hold for two months.
>>
File: C8g24kgXYAAfu48.jpg (118KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8g24kgXYAAfu48.jpg
118KB, 1200x675px
I still think they do a good job .

WAY better the Kevin Scampolli and the Internet Darlings
>>
>>2585523
Why are British people such queers for Bret Hart?
>>
is there anything like OSW? I'm pretty much done with their catalogue and not feeling a round 3 of binge watching it all again.

basically, the only thing I care about in wrestling are storylines and behind the scenes stuff. I really don't watch enough wrestling to have a taste for "good" wrestling performances, so OSW explaining the storylines and providing background information was the exact thing I needed. I need more of that :(.
>>
>>2585524

Holy shit. Hard to believe that Jay and V1 are Doctors judging by the state of them.
>>
>>2585557

Even though I just shit on the New Generation Project Podcast I do still like those British goofs.

I also like The Attitude Era Podcast quite a bit and even their sister show How2Wrestling.

I don't know if anyone else does the full video work that OSW does though. I can't think of anyone.
>>
>>2585557
check out RomeroWrestling on YT
>>
>>2585572

They're nurses
>>
>>2585576
>>2585579

I think you already said it, but I guess these are "only" audio right? Sure they are, still gonna check it out.
RomeroWrestling looks neat, but I'm gonna blow through those in like 2 hours :D.

I think my dream video would be a pseudo documentary about the 1996 Hogan turn, fully explaining everything that happened before in kayfabe terms and also backstage, and the aftermath. Just fuck my shit up with stories and information. Fucking OSW cunts need to to Bash at the Beach.
>>
>>2585603

Oh? I remember OOC called them both Doctors one time.
>>
>>2585611

Yeah, they are just audio. Those shows also take some time to get going, for them to find their stride, so starting fresh from their day 1 broadcasts can be a bit of work to stick with.

I'd recommend listening to the Attitude Era Podcast's bonus episode on Starcade 1997. It's a self-contained episode as they primarily are concerned with the WWE during the Attitude Era.

If you don't like that one than give the whole thing a pass.
>>
they hard peaked with halloween havoc, and since x7 theyve been phoning it in
>>
>>2585612

OOC is a nurse practitioner. No idea about the rest.
>>
>>2585639

thank you for this, really appreciated. I'll def. look into it.
>>
Should've done all PPVs, SNMEs and Clashes in order, instead they started doing three part mailbags.
>>
Why do the Steves hate Maffew?
>>
>>2586270

Have you watched an episode with him? He's the most obnoxious whiny autist on the planet. He spends half of every episode whining about SJWs on twitter like some brain dead /tv/ poster.
>>
>>2585524

Ewwww
>>
File: 1491550042364.gif (399KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491550042364.gif
399KB, 200x150px
You faggots hating on OSW need to take a shower and get a clue. OSW is still great. Yeah it goes through different eras but it's always funny and it's always a blast to join the lads to review old wrestling.
>>
>>2586270
because Maffew isn't funny and is an annoying queer
>>
>>2585524
>Unironically wearing their own merch
Jeezus boys.
>>
>>2585524

one in the middle looks like slowbeef if he wasn't fat and actually made good videos
>>
>>2585761
I think their stuff is still good but I wont deny that they peaked with HH and it'll take a minor miracle to get them to even a fifth as good as they were around then.

I think those tattoo reviews sucked their souls dry.
>>
>Have we managed to find a group that are bigger marks for themselves than even Bret?

Does Bret's website have an FAQ where he explains in intricate detail all of he and his friends' inside jokes and forced memes? If not, then yes they win.
>>
>>2587482
Yeah I've been holding out that they'd be as funny as they were before but, they've gotten to much into their own hype ( who the fuck want's this TNA arc? they forced it along with their shit jokes about Black Reign), and got too gimmicky too.

also, whats the deal with V1 always getting shocked by Jay's play by play recently? it's like he watches a quarter of the program, and OOC doesn't even appear or pipe up now either.
>>
>>2587491
>If you could step into the ring one more time and face any wrestler past or present, who would it be?
>When you used to make your ring entrance, you'd hold your arms out and say something to the crowd. What would you say?
>Who was your favorite person to wrestle?
>What did you think of the movie The Wrestler?

Bret confirmed less of a mark than those irish cunts.
>>
>>2587538
OOC I the goat and its sad he doesn't talk often, I don't think he's really in to it as much as the others.
>>
>>2587593
I feel like theonly reason he kept doing it was to not upset the others, but now he'll stay for them sweet Patreon dollars. Still the GOAT tho
>>
>>2587593
>>2587635

OOC has clearly never actually given a shit. He has a family and a job and a life. Jay is the wannabe eceleb.
>>
File: OOC-Jay-Dixie-V1.png (307KB, 573x384px) Image search: [Google]
OOC-Jay-Dixie-V1.png
307KB, 573x384px
>>
>>2585524
>Matt trying to stay relevant despite his fan base being stagnant for years
Can we just get Pat and Woolie only for now on?
>>
>>2585297
I like them except I always skip the "What bar?" bits. They're not very funny and go on for ages.
>>
>>2587364
hi jay
>>
>>2588549
maybe that time off he took not too long ago wasn't such a good idea after all
>>
>>2587482
I think you might be right.

I don't remember which episode it was, but it was the latest arc where they just immediately went straight into the WHAT BAARRRR, and it came off as the most scripted and forced thing that I've ever heard. It felt like they were just checking off things that they felt like they had to do. Getting random people to do the adbreak question thing was just the icing on the cake.
>>
Osw is only bad because of the eras they're covering

Hulkamania = GOAT era, best osw
2001 = Still good but literally killed wrestling, osw is good but declining
Poo Generations/2007 TNA = drizzling shits
>>
>>2585576
I like New Gen podcast but I skip the first part of the podcast. Attitiude era podcast is queers. Their Jay Hunter is lame
>>
File: dirtylee.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
dirtylee.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
OSW POWER RANKINGS

1. Halloween Havoc 95
2. Wrestlemania IX
3. Arquette Trilogy
4. Samurai Cop
5. ECW Heatwave/Barely Legal
6. Summerslam 1992
7. Wrestlemania VI
8. Royal Rumble 1992
9. All Other Episodes Not Listed In This Ranking
10. MGS Reviews
11. Early Episodes with Neo
12. Other Movie Reviews
13. WCW Reviews
9001. Let's Watch Episodes/Tattoo Reviews
900000000001. Anything with Maffew
>>
>>2585297
>Give out about racism and sexism
>Are all extremely racist and sexist
>>
>>2588541

To be fair the Kevin Owens dude is a faggot from a completely different youtube channel. That said he's a cancerous blight there too and the main reason I stopped watching it.
>>
>>2588908

Halloween Havoc is the GOAT but I'd argue their second best was just generally everything they did around Survivor Series 91 through WM9. Golden Era.
>>
>>2585297
>1/4 of their Takeover Orlando review is reminiscing about V1 and OOC's gimmick in their backyard fed
C'mon lads.
>>
>>2588877
>2001
>Still good
They only covered the GOAT part of 2001 though
>>
>>2588923
You forgot the part where they even call themselves out on that.
>>
File: 1491873936266.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491873936266.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>All of these implications that the Dungeon of Doom storyline wasn't GOAT
Did we watch the same videos?
>>
Lapsed Fan > these other fags
>>
>>2589195
>Lapsed Fan
fucking cringe
>>
>>2589156

You forgot the part where anybody gives a shit
>>
I liked em when I thought they were a bunch of 14 year olds just havin laughs. Now that I know they are literally grey haired adults, it just seems sad to listen to
>>
>>2589513

Jay particularly seems like a total loser. The guys posts as himself on reddit for the attention all day
>>
>>2587593
He did quit early on because he didn't give a shit. He is a New Gereration bro like me
>>
>>2585524
yes, thats Virgil in the back
>>
File: 1384828208632.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1384828208632.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>2588908
Maffew is fucking terrible.
Their new TNA episodes are pretty damn great though,
>>
In what way are these guys involve din the industry?

They always seem to get free shit and they have personal stories about tons of wrestlers.
>>
>>2591620
Two of them wrestled in incredibly small time local promotions a long long time ago. That's about it. Everything else comes from their internet following and going to cons and shit.
>>
>>2591630

They got comped box seats to NXT Takeover and all day fast pass tickets to Universal Studios from their internet fans?

Holy fuck
>>
They're as good as the passion they have for the subject of the series they're doing. Hulkamania was great. Peak 2001 was great. ECW was great. Midway into the Brutus Beefcake run you could tell they were looking for other stuff to focus on, felt a bit all over the place between Brutus, Lex and more Cunt Hogan.

The Black Reign run will have legs if only for the novelty of doing TNA for the first time. Hope they follow that up with either one of their boys, doesn't matter who so long as they have enough of a hardon for them. Or even, given how many of their boys are Attitude Era jobbers and midcarders, do something on the 24/7 Hardcore belt seeing as they were all into that at the time.
>>
>>2591838
The insanity of the booking also plays a role too. Peak OSW is always batshit crazy results and segments, rather than any sort of good wrestling.

No way in the world it'd ever happen, but I'd love for them to do a series on HUSTLE. Whole heap of ex-ECW talent mixed in with a heap of crazy Japanese guys doing crazy Japanese shit.
>>
>>2585297
OSW quality took a nose dive once they got rid of IT WAS ACCEPTABLE IN THE 80S
>>
>>2587364
Piss off Callum.
>>
Daily reminder that these guys get $10k usd per month for producing a couple of hours worth of them riffing over old wrestling DVDs every few weeks.

Why aren't you on the patreon gravy train, /asp/?
>>
>>2589496
This. They almost never get into sjw shit like every other wrestling medium, which is part of why i love them so much. I dont need to hear about your political views when i watch a wrestling podcast (like fucking AE). Lold at OOC freaking out at them constantly bringing up race at the legends ceremony.
Their cringy fanbase has run 'boy rosters' and 'what bar' into the ground so hard that they don't even want to do it anymore. The wind's come out of their sails in the last year but they're still great. Just a likeable group of dudes. I look forward to every episode even if they're phoning it in a bit now.
>>
>>2587364
What's up, [insert name of one of them, I don't actually know the cunts' names]!
>>
File: 1493388048659.png (228KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1493388048659.png
228KB, 360x359px
>>2585297
Bret is no mark for himself
>>
>>2585297
That's not the Smarkbuster logo.
>>
>>2592652
They don't have a logo
>>
>>2592652
Please go SBs
>>
>lads
>pint

Can an Irishman literally go 120 seconds without these words
>>
>>2593493

>Johnny No-Mates
>>
>can of Coke

XD
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.