[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good of a wrestler was he? How was his in ring performance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

File: eddie guerrero.jpg (49KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
eddie guerrero.jpg
49KB, 500x562px
How good of a wrestler was he? How was his in ring performance? Was he good on the mic? What do you guys who where into wrestling at the time think of him?
>>
>>2582876
You could watch some stuff and form your own opinion instead of becoming part of the internet echo chamber while speaking about things you know nothing about.
>>
>>2582876
>Was he good on the mic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPV-rRdCAv0
>>
>>2582876
One of the best ring tecnitions in his early career, continuously great throughout his career with very few hiccups, his selling and storytelling in a match were quite possibly the best, his mic skills were definitely above average. When i watched him as a kid i marked hard for him, when i watch him now I really appreciate the talent he had.
Admittedly he was going through a rough patch in his last year or so before his death and his in ring ability suffered from it, though he was probably pilled up in a shit ton of pain, the man was a workhorse
>>
>>2582900
that's why I wanted someone else's opinion. I watched a short segment with him wrestling a guy named Mr Kennedy and I guess his thing is "cheating" to win. I thought it was kinda funny and I just wanted to know what others think as well is all
>>
File: 1490501171856.jpg (16KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
1490501171856.jpg
16KB, 480x452px
Literally the greatest wrestler of his time.
Never met anyone else who disagreed back in the day.
>>
>>2582956
It is pretty much a coin toss between Eddie and Benoit.
>>
>>2582876
His histrionic heel promos were always hilarious to me

Like the one where he talked about beating his children for having a Rock poster
>>
>>2582909
thanks for sharing, seems like I need to dig even deeper to find some more gold like this
>>
I'll always remember him for his Latino Heat gimmick, an uber committed portrayal of the lecherous Mexican archetype
>>
He was great but he's overrated. Don't get me wrong, he could wrestle and cut a great promo but he's no where near as good as many people think he was.

He's like Heath Ledger. A guy who's death made his accomplishments and talents seem better than they actually were.
>>
File: 1490555736001.jpg (60KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490555736001.jpg
60KB, 720x540px
The man went full throttle with whatever it was he was set out to do.

They wanted him to do crazy lucha shit. Done.
They wanted him to have GOAT matches. Done.
They wanted him to be an asshole. Done.
They wanted him to be the butt of a joke. Done.
They wanted him to be the face of the company Done.
This dude was on a whole other level. RIP, holmes
>>
>>2582929
>>2583035
yeah, he died of a heart attack right? Is that really a thing? I mean you hear things like football and baseball players doing drugs and stuff, but do wrestlers (or did they) do drugs to make them keep working nights back to back? Is that still going on today?
>>
>>2583035

Eddie was smooth as all hell in the ring but his skill gets massively inflated for being a great dude who died. People in this thread are literally calling him the greatest ever.

He's not on the level of a Bret or HBK or AJ. I'd even put Bryan above him and his buddy Kurt Angle as well.
>>
>>2582876
one of the best and his name is/was larger than life. even my dada knew who he was and he doesnt gay mandrama
>>
Truly the GOAT.

Even my family knew who he was
>>
Absolutely one of the greatest ever. Whatever situation, match, or booking he was given, he enhanced it and made it better. He could cut hilarious and vicious promos, he could do practically anything in the ring, and he wasn't afraid to make his opponent shine. His character work became a strong point later in his career. The guy was incredibly well rounded and an absolute blast to watch in the ring.
>>
>>2582981

For reals, but the fact that Eddie had a better way with words helped him out a lot i think
>>
>>2582876
He was fucking mediocre but then he died and everyone started pretending he was a legend
>>
>>2583127
18+ kiddo
>>
File: 1486244413487.jpg (52KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486244413487.jpg
52KB, 543x960px
>>2582981
>benoit
>>
A- player
Great in ring
Good on the mic but at the time there was much better than him and you could see the difference
>>
>>2582981
Benoit was the superior wrestler, but Eddie not only was good in the ring, but also had charisma and mic skills to come with that, Eddie was more complete.

It's a testament to benoit's skills that he made it that far though, I mean, you could put Benoit vs Bork and no one would shit about Benoit winning it, he was on the same league as Kurt pretty much, just lacking mic skills.
>>
who cares????????????????????????????????????????????????????? its fake BTW
>>
>>2582876
>Eddie
>all those questions
18+ site kiddo
>>
>>2582876
18+
>>
His best promo and my favorite is addiction with Brock lesnar
>Odale Vato
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2znv6j
>>
>watching old smackdowns due to this thread
>tazz and cole in commentary most of the time
>they are quite fucking good

what the fuck happened to Cole?, was it Tazz carrying him all the time?
>>
File: Old man.jpg (40KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Old man.jpg
40KB, 450x300px
>>2583698
Did Cole used to shill as much 10+ years ago?
Also
>2007 was 10 years ago
>>
>>2583725
way less, but he also seems a lot more...natural?, motivated?, spontaneous?, it's weird, kinda sad too, wonder what happened to him.
>>
>>2583698
vince yelling in his ear + age
>>
>>2583698
One of the great WWE mysteries.
>>
>>2582876
Goof on ring and mic. He has charisma.
>>
I legit stopped watching after Eddie died.
>>
>>2583911
A lot of people did, then even more after Benoit cross faced himself.
>>
>>2583911
Yes, I didnt immediately stop, but he is the sole factor as to why I stopped enjoying it. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was tuning into smackdown every week to see him. Kurt eventually came to smackdown and I watched a little bit more for him, but not much, once Kurt went to ECW it was over and I quit wrestling until a friend of mine invited me to go see a PPV, and I took a liking to the sheild.
>>
He was a natural.

Nobody can hold a candle to him these days

GOAT? No but tops
>>
>>2584031
Nobody except AJ Styles.
>>
I enjoyed the hell out of his JBL fued as a kid but i wouldn't call him the absolute greatest ever or anything.
>>
>>2582876
Eddie was god damn GOAT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCCNaws42lA
>>
I started watching wrestling, smackdown in particular since I didn't have cable, during the time eddie would go for the tag titles and US title. I became such a fan wathcing him, tajiri, benoit, mysterio, taker.....i thought wrestling was always that good and didnt know I happened to start watching during wwe best era
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCDhTF6ue4k

Eddie was my favorite as a kid, I would argue he was the best during that time and has more charm than Daniel Bryan.

Still bummed out that Tajiri left WWE again.
>>
>>2584096
He isn't on 205 live already? That was fast.
>>
>>2584100
He got injured, and they weren't using him because of his age so he asked for a release
>>
>>2583092
It's not as much of a thing anymore, but you never know. Eddie was a special case as he was physically fucked up for most of his WWE run, and he took to pills and drinking to alleviate the pain. You can see how that turned out.
>>
>>2583457
>he was on the same league as Kurt pretty much

Yeah, Kurt was never on Benoit's level.
>>
>>2582909
whens the last time someone has talked for more than 5 minutes in the ring and captivated everyone
>>
>>2584300
Last promo I could remember that captivated me like that was probably the pipebomb, but I don't think that took more than 5 minutes.
>>
Think of AJ but as a based spic
>>
>>2584310
With better mic skills and a hell of a lot more charisma
>>
>>2583911
I didn't stop immediately but it definitely killed a lot of my love for wrestling when he was gone. I was already on the outs when the whole Benoit thing happened but once it did I was out for a solid 6 or 7 years, and even when I came back it was only for a year before I had to bail again (though I think that one had more to do with WWE being pretty fuckin bad.)
>>
>>2582876
Eddie was hot. Why don't wrestlers look manly like they did back in the day?
>>
Eddie was a good example of what happens to guys who spend time all around the world. Spending time in Japan for workrate and Mexico for charisma and showmanship made him an extremely well-rounded performer.
>>
>>2584355
Same with Jericho, exact same path, exact same outcome. Solid on the ring, excellent on the mic, oozes charisma. IIRC, Nakamura became eccentric and suddenly got charisma after a tenure in Mexico as well.
>>
File: dsdsd.png (52KB, 639x173px) Image search: [Google]
dsdsd.png
52KB, 639x173px
>manlet
dropped
>>
Eddie was a rare talent who was just as good as a face as he was a heel.

Around 2004-05 he was probably the best talker in the company. The roids and heart problems caught up to him but in the 90s he was elite as a worker.

The No Way Out 2004 package is one of my favourite ever.
>>
>>2583098
He's literally better than Bret.

Bret was a faggot ass mark who sucked on the mic.
>>
>>2582876
I'm rewatching the monday night war era raws and nitros and his segements bullying chavo are probably my favorite at the moment.
>>
>>2584096
that clip is gold
>>
>>2584277
>bret sucked on the mic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqHEfvsD4Ao

only at doing face promos in an era where no one was good on the mic due to the material and limitations, also his in ring skills and the way he laid out matches were GOAT. He was wrestling shitters constantly and carrying them to 3.5 - 4* matches.
>>
>>2584730
>bretfag is still here
well what do you know
>>
>>2584730
meant 4
>>2584638
>>
>>2584732
>if you don't think bret was garbage then you're some random autist that spams the board

>muh internet personalities
>>
>>2582876
>How good of a wrestler was he?
Very good. Not GOAT-tier but I'd put him up there with say, Jericho at his peak.
>Was he good on the mic?
Yes.
>What do you guys who where into wrestling at the time think of him?
Very good upper midcard, I was pleasantly surprised that he became a main event guy. Best part of Eddie was his character work. He's one of those rare talents who is equally great at being a babyface or a heel.
>>
>>2584730
>boo America sucks

Sheiky baby did it better.

>wrestling shitters constantly

Hart wrestled Owen, Michaels, Vader, Austin, Shamrock for the majority of 1994-97. Nice try.

Bret Cuck has literally never carried an average worker to a 4 star match.
>>
>>2584848
Bret carried Austinetty to a 5 star match.

That pretty much put's him in the elite position.
>>
>>2582876
According to Bruce Prichard on the Something to Wrestling With podcast, Bruce said Eddie was the Mexican Shawn Michaels.
>>
>>2583098

No one you mentioned was as good as Eddie. He was recgonized as a GOAT before he died. Kurt Angle? AJ? Please. I'd take Rey and Eddie over any of those guys.
>>
>>2584870
>austinetty

have sex Jesus Christ
>>
He was as good in the ring as benoit was a father.
>>
>>2584730
>Shitman Hart thinks this is a good promo in that era
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DV0RHVteLs
>>
File: 1491216737413.jpg (8KB, 292x172px) Image search: [Google]
1491216737413.jpg
8KB, 292x172px
>>2582981
>tfw your favourite wrestlers were both Benoit and Eddie
It still hurts
>>
>>2583391

I'll bet you think it's some Jap, faggot.
>>
>>2584943
One of the greatest pieces in WWE history
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.