[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a wrestler announce the name of his moves to fans?do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nuvsy8bYil1qd4q8ao1_500.gif (240KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuvsy8bYil1qd4q8ao1_500.gif
240KB, 500x382px
How does a wrestler announce the name of his moves to fans?do they do it in an interview or the announcers just know thier names off the script and people will just accept them?i never saw something like " my finisher is named x"
>>
announcers just seem to know for some reason.
>>
>>2581194
The announcers usually announce it.
>>
I've mostly seen it two ways, both through the announce team. They tend to either just excitedly shout the name when they do the move, and through weekly repetition it catches on.

Or they wrestler does the move and then somebody like Cole says "he calls that the..." and thats how its introduced.
>>
>>2581194
The announcers get it over for you.

>I was talking to him backstage and he calls this the sex with your mom
>I saw that in Japan once it's called the sex with your mom
>>
I actually wish the wrestler would announce the move in a promo rather than the announcers knowing it preferably before the match so there's a build up rather than
>"what the fuck was that"
>>
Michael Cole usually buries it on commentary

>Wackyline
>>
>>2581954
I unironically thought he called it "Lucky Lie" the first time I heard it
>>
>>2581602
Happened on RAM. They don't have a name for Seth's new finisher yet.
>>
>>2581194
>She calls that move, "The Rear View!"
>>
>>2581194
Commentators usually just know it

But I remember Cena named his when he was cutting a promo on Lesnar. Something like

>Your finisher is caled the F-5
>Well mine is called the F-U

I remember it standing out as a great promo just because wrestlers rarely do that. Maybe it was shit though idk.
>>
>10 posts in a thread without mentioning the words "seething" "worked" "cringe"
Based bret keeping fat smarks away from this thread
>>
>>2584816
Seething
>>
>>2585059
???
>>
>>2582775
That's fine actually, cuz its not a finisher yet.

What makes a finisher isn't just calling it that (I don't think I've ever heard somebody refer to a "Finisher" outside of fans and video games), but rather by training to audience over the course of 100 matches to know that when you hit THAT move, its all over.
>>
>>2581194
>they call that the x
>>
Twitter
>>
>>2585059
Learn how to use buzzwords faggot
>>
>>2586284
cringe
>>
>>2586106
That doesn't work though because people kick out of finishers left and right, at least at PPVs, shame really
>>
>>2586396
And yet those same moves get them the 1-2-3 at the end of the match. How's it feel being too stupid for an LCD product?
>>
>>2586407
LCD Product?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.