[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Every match I have might be my last match. That's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: chrome_2017-04-25_13-11-50.png (260KB, 444x431px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-25_13-11-50.png
260KB, 444x431px
"Every match I have might be my last match. That's how I wrestle every time. I don't want to change that mentality, ever. Because if I did, I wouldn't wrestle my style of match. And if I can't wrestle my way, I don't want to wrestle." - Katsuyori Shibata (2016)

Was it worth it, /asp/?
>>
For those who didn't get the news; Shibata was hospitalized after his match with Kazuchika Okada. It was the infamous headbutt that did the trick, and some say his career is over.

>Some even say this is Benoit 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wsR7XYHhGM
>>
>>2580388
>is it worth partially paralyzing yourself for fake playfighting after you couldn't make it in real fighting

lmao no
>>
Was it worth it?

Yes.

Willingness to do anything and everything to win the title. Throw caution to the wind to overcome the biggest foe in his life.

Shibata is shonen manga main character. He has a lifelong friend who is also his rival. He had to get back respect from his senpais and his teachers who he betrayed when he left. And also there is this champion, best in the world. Who survives everything you can throw at them.

Shibata knew he has this ONE chance. This only attempt to be the best in the world. And he almost died doing that.

If anyone ever tells you NJPW have no stories send them to hell. There are plenty of stories.

And this was beatiful. It maybe cost us one of great wrestlers of today's but his story was worth it.
>>
Well, he did have a ton of excellent matches with his style. Was it personally worth it to him? I dunno.
>>
I would say no. Hell no.
>>
Is he dead?
>>
>>2580388
No. He's a fucking retard.
>>
The stiff headbutt doesn't add anything to the match that a worked headbutt wouldn't
>>
It looked cool but wasn't worth. Definitely a guy you wouldn't fuck with
>>
>>2580388
The absolute state of this goofus.

It's not a real competition, you constantly dictate the pace and injury risk.

Headbutting niggas that hard on a regular basis? Shibata is even more dumb that Ryback.
>>
Pro wrestling is a form of performance art. You're telling a story through athletisim or sheer strength. But like many forms of stories and story telling, IT'S NOT REAL.

Purposefully hurting yourself, or even doing moves that you know have a high risk of hurting yourself (or others) is literally the most retarded thing you can do in pro wrestling.

That's why feds like CZW are pure gutter trash. Zero skill actually needed, you just have to be willing to be physically hurt for like $50 bucks.
>>
File: legit bad&ass.jpg (54KB, 263x695px) Image search: [Google]
legit bad&ass.jpg
54KB, 263x695px
>>2580388

For him, hell yeah it was, just because he doesn't live by the mentality of "trying to extend my life span as much as possible and keeping your health the closest to perfect as possible" doesn't make him a retard. He knew the consequences and went with it well aware his carreer could end, if he was being sincere about this statement then he might have close to no regrets.

Thing is, he risked putting another person on the same situation he is now, and that person may or may not have a similar mentality, and if the second case happens to be true then it was a very stupid and irresponsible thing for Shibata to do.

>>2580984
kek
>>
>>2581018
>just because he doesn't live by the mentality of "trying to extend my life span as much as possible and keeping your health the closest to perfect as possible" doesn't make him a retard.

lel
>>
>>2581018
>team: laughter7

It just writes itself.
>>
>>2581032
Nice argument.

>wanting to live enough to see yourself become an old fuck stuck on a bed

By all means, be my guest.
>>
>>2580399
>MC
But he left his friends.

Shibata is the Rival to the MC
>>
>>2581014

I agree I hate trash wrestlers like Stan Hansen who hit for real
>>
Imagine being this much of a mark for yourself.

Even Bret and Cuck Man would be telling him to chill.
>>
File: shibata.png (27KB, 506x306px) Image search: [Google]
shibata.png
27KB, 506x306px
Shibata still can't move, needs more surgery.

>one more match!
>>
File: 1491506557497.jpg (11KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1491506557497.jpg
11KB, 318x313px
>>2581654
This keeps making me more depressed, poor shibby
>>
File: muyscares.jpg (84KB, 588x581px) Image search: [Google]
muyscares.jpg
84KB, 588x581px
>>2581654
>right side of his body still hadicapped
>wants to return to wrestling

Nah dude, you should strongly reconsider that
>>
>>2580399

Cringe
>>
>>2581035
Hello Shibatato.
>>
>>2581018
To be fair people like to talk about how nak was a "shooter" when he lost to some cans and beat them in rematches that may or may not be worked. Shibata went straight into the deep end in MMA going up against legit competition around the japanese scene at the time.

In an actual shoot he would absolutely BTFO this entire board. Most NJPW wrestlers would. Especially Suzuki.
>>
>>2581654

I hope Daniel Bryan takes a good hard long look at this Gook.
>>
>>2581686
Matt Riddle would kick Shibata ass anyway

I'm still hoping Riddle joins NJPW after G1. Same with Pentagone and Fenix since they are out of AAA.
>>
>>2581776
Matt Riddle in a shoot could destroy almost every wrestler walking the planet. Neither of those three will go to NJPW. Penta and Fenix will get big money in US and Mex indys and could possibly sign with CMLL. Outside of some gaijins NJPW mostly stick to their guys.

Matt Riddle sooner than later will be with WWE and will be a massive star there.
>>
>>2581789
>Neither of those three will go to NJPW

I'm sure Kidani will give ton of money to represent NJPW in the US next year. I'm sure Mundo and Cage will jump ship as well. Think of the possibilities of Riddle vs Omega or Penta vs Naito rivalry that will outmatch the WWE.
>>
>>2581677
>Shibatato

top fucking kek
>>
>>2581776
No weed in Japan so I doubt Riddle goes there.
>>
>>2581058
>Hansen
>trash

gtfo stamford cuck
>>
>37 years old

Fuck no
>>
>>2580388
>there are actual retards who want this boring cuck to main event WK12
kek good riddance
>>
>>2580388
No, of course it wasn't worth it. Dude is fucking dumb ass.

>durr I won't change my wrestling style even if it kills me

Just fuck right off, bruh
>>
>>2580399
stop being a mark
>>
>>2582687
It's a new copypasta
>>
>>2581035
What a stupid thing to say. You're an idiot.

It's not about living to be an old fuck stuck to a bed, it's about ruining your good health in the good years you have left. Guys like this end up in chronic pain and often end up hooked on pills. You want to lose your ability to even sit down in a chair and be at peace? To lay in a bed at night and not feel pain in your back and neck? For a dumb fake wrestling match nobody will give a shit about ten minutes after it finishes? Retarded, absolutely retarded.
>>
he gets to retire with MOTY as his last match.
>>
How much did he get paid for it?
>>
>>2580399
Holy shit.... I'm not memeing right now dude, please seek sunlight and have sex! Please! You fucking need it
>>
>>2582754
100 yen and a sushi hotdog
>>
>>2580388
>last match was 5 stars
>was it worth it
>forever cemented himself as one of the alltime NJPW GOATs
you ask me
>>
>>2582754
200 yen and those shitty churros from Tokyo Disney Sea
>>
not only did he have one of the best matches, he made sure you have to nearly kill yourself to beat the GOAT
>>
>>2583199
>you ask me
Not at all the saying
>>
>>2583199
no amount of wrestling fame is worth your health
>>
he'll recover in time for WK and cuck Omega and Naito out of the main event
>>
>>2581895
Kidani will have make some mental gymnastics to get Riddle in NJPW
>>
>>2580388
Absolutely yes. It takes a real man to put their life on the line just to entertain children and man-children.
>>
>>2580388
he won't be saying that in hindsight from his wheelchair
>>
Makes you wonder how many times Benoit was near death in the back and people ignored him
>>
>>2581776
Riddle is overrated and was a mediocre fighter. Circlejerk over him is because of Meltzer's mma fetish and increasingly senile brain
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.