[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking back, did ECW and all that came with it (i.e. crowds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 13285 - ecw logo.jpg (22KB, 570x153px) Image search: [Google]
13285 - ecw logo.jpg
22KB, 570x153px
Looking back, did ECW and all that came with it (i.e. crowds made up of smarks) help or hurt pro wrestling in the long run?
>>
Helped for sure, but "The Smarkening" didn't fully set in until the mid 2000s in the WWE, at least from what I remember
>>
Wrestling would be completely dead right now if it wasn't for the ECW
>>
>>2572935
>smarks
Nah just because memesail likes to chant things doesn't mean that the ecw crowd was full of smarks. If anything it was the opposite, drunk philly fags who just wanted to see some crazy shit
>>
>>2572935
ECW completely killed the wrestling business and heyman should be shot.
>>
>>2572935
It just sped up the inevitable. ECW was the love of the internet wrestling fans even back in the AOL days, that's where I heard about all this shit at first.

The old kayfabe days were coming to an end as insider knowledge became more accessible via the internet. ECW was ahead of the curve as far as promoting via the internet back in the dial-up days and that's how they gained a bigger audience.

The only problem is the current smark crowds are trying to emulate the old ECW crowds with their smarky chants & signs and it has now become part of wrestling fandom. It can be annoying and overbearing at times but hopefully it's just a phase that will pass by as time goes again and ECW becomes less of a memory and just another old dead promotion back in the stone ages.
>>
>>2573422
hey lawler, touch any 14 year old girls recently?
>>
The Monday Night Wars did far more damage than ECW.

But who gives a fuck, it was the best time. If WWE shut down today, I wouldn't give a flying fuck. The good days are long gone.
>>
>>2572935
It popularized hardcore wrestling in the United States, which is and has always been a cancer in the industry.

Without ECW, you wouldn't have the retards in CZW, most of whom aren't trained properly, dropping each other head first on a pile of light tubes.
>>
>>2574254
I thought Cornette was the one who hated ECW?
>>
>>2574277
They both did.
>>
>>2572974
>the ECW crowd wasn't full of smarks

Might be the most underage /wwe/ post yet
>>
>>2575322
They were better smarks than what we have today. They would boo you if you were a heel and allow themselves to get into the show. As a viewer, they contributed to the show, whereas today's fans detract from the show.
>>
>>2575335
>They would boo you if you were a heel

ECW was the fucking OG "boo the faces and cheer the heels" promotion you underage shit
>>
>>2575392
Not the REAL ECW fans like straw hat guy, fucking twat.
>>
>>2575403
>doesn't even know he's called Hat Guy

Much like ECW itself: this website is 18+
>>
>>2575407
Straw hat guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flW50DVEUVQ
>>
>>2575410
Your point?
>>
ECW saved wrestling.

memes aside they showed you didn't need thousands in an arena to go out and put on a show

more like a cult following you could say
>>
>>2575439
>STRAW
>HAT
>GUY
>>
The attitude era was practically a watered down version of ECW so it surely saved the WWE
>>
>>2575446
>the
>fuckin'
>STATE
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.