[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in the end, was this #FireJBL movement the biggest fuckup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 13

File: MeltzBTFO.png (164KB, 1080x1053px) Image search: [Google]
MeltzBTFO.png
164KB, 1080x1053px
So in the end, was this #FireJBL movement the biggest fuckup in Le Meltz's career?
>>
hes handled it pretty poorly and continues to do so on the board

he has a bad few months in terms of accuracy too though that gets blown up because people take his speculation as fact and twist his words. but for instance, i cant remember the last time mike johnson was wrong
>>
This whole year so far has destroyed le meltz
>>
>>2572636
He has shot himself in the foot with his attempt to start a bandwagon that crashed
his fanboys going into defense mode has been funny af
>incoming "big x dave working the smarks" butthurt
>>
>>2572653
What are you talking about? Meltz didn't even break the story first, it happened in the public. He just commented on it sayinf the same stuff he's said about JBL in the past, actually generally defending him and saying saying JBL isn't the problem and has been made a scapegoat.
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (22KB, 453x326px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
22KB, 453x326px
That settlement must have been huge if the paid shill are damage controling so hard.
>>
>>2572659
>>2572662
davetty seethed
>>
>>2572669
Shilletty worked and triggered
did i meme right?
>>
Le meltz blown the fuck out
>>
just gas this faggot jew already
>>
What if Meltz is actually telling the truth? Everyone else is covering up for JBL
>>
>>2572636
He looked like a complete goof but he shilled his message to the right people. Wrassling is full of bullied kids who wanted to hang jbl to geel good about themselves. Book said it best, le meltz tried to make this into a personal crusade
>>
I haven't payed any attention to this entire thing.
What actually happened? I know Mauro left and people were saying it was because of JBL "bullying" him.
Was that whole whole rumour just Meltzer saying he's heard it from "sources"?
>>
File: vince-russo[1].jpg (134KB, 681x357px) Image search: [Google]
vince-russo[1].jpg
134KB, 681x357px
>>2572717
No credentials bro
>>
File: 1491299784718.jpg (271KB, 792x956px) Image search: [Google]
1491299784718.jpg
271KB, 792x956px
>>2572717
Mauro took a bribe and stated that JBL had nothing to do with him leaving. This somehow destroys Meltz because he reported on JBL, a guy with a past of bullying others, bullying Mauro being a potential reason for him leaving. Once again /asp/ wins with such air tight logic.
>>
>>2572725
>Meltz absolutely boiling
>>
>>2572725
>Mauro turned heel on his friend Meltz

Fucking kek
>>
>>2572725
Hi Meltzer!

No but really, you're a moron. It's the fact that le meltz went on some grand fucking crusade, he wanted actual news organizations to report on this and when all is said and done mauro takes the pay out says "jbl dindu nuffin" and leaves. Leaving meltz looking like an idiot after trying to #firejbl
>>
Fuck Meltz, but the only laughable thing is the notion that ESPN doesn't report on rumors.
>>
>this autism

WWE paid shills please go
>>
File: 1412413415.jpg (83KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1412413415.jpg
83KB, 1200x675px
>Meltz says ESPN is showing castration tendencies
>Vince Russo has a new show called "Castrating the Marks" and in the first episode he accused marks like Meltzer of having gay tendencies
>>
lel, the only people who think dave handled the story badly are a few people on this board who think abiding by an NDA magically changes facts.
>>
File: crossfeels.png (211KB, 980x742px) Image search: [Google]
crossfeels.png
211KB, 980x742px
>>2572742
Hello Dave.
Why don't you start a crusade to get /asp/ fired from 4chan for making you cry? You might rebound.
>>
>>2572749
...?? Are you ok? I think you should seek mental health evaluation, you're having delusions.
>>
>>2572735
>Leaving meltz looking like an idiot after trying to #firejbl

Which is even funnier considering this is right after Metlzer was spouting off on how "AJ Styles is going to RAW in the shakeup" only for that not to happen.
>>
>>2572749
>>2572753
KEK

>>2572662
>>2572725
>>2572742
>>2572751
Hi Dave Seethtzer!
>>
>>2572748
Prove that JBL bullied Mauro. Even Vince Russo who worked with JBL said on his show that week that JBL is perceived as a bully, but he didn't see him actually bully anyone. Was your hero Meltzer present to see JBL bully anyone? Or did he hear this from an "anonymous source" just like the "AJ is going to RAW during the shakeup" fiasco that oh by the way, was complete bullshit.
>>
>>2572762
JBL seems like the guy that will pull a prank on you and as long as you deal with it like a man and laugh it off as a joke he'll get you a beer and you'll be fine. Of course such things are all bullying to nu-male cucks like Mauro.
>>
File: 1492795996873.png (5KB, 79x100px) Image search: [Google]
1492795996873.png
5KB, 79x100px
>>2572735
>some grand fucking crusade
A few tweets and articles reporting on the situation are hardly a crusade.

>Leaving meltz looking like an idiot
How does he look like an idiot though? Mauro not even denying that JBL was bullying him in his statement somehow disproves Dave?

>#firejbl
Wasn't this reddit tho?

>inb4 if you disagree with me you MUST be Meltzer browsing /asp/
>>
>>2572766
Good day Dave.
>>
>>2572766
Nice dubs Dave
>>
>>2572636
dude, what? WWE paid Mauro metric shitton of money to shut him up because Meltzer was putting their feet to the coals week after week. Frankly, this isn't over either. If Meltzer really wanted to keep going he could, I just think he's realized that pushing the Mauro angle is irresponsible and he'll have to wait until another childish public shaming by WWE of their vulnerable staff.
>>
>>2572762
>Believing anything Vince fucking Russo says
Even then Russo hasn't been involved in the company in 15 years, how the fuck would he know anything about it?
>>
I haven't watched the episode but didn't this whole thing start because JBL made fun of Mauro's observer award?

So clearly le meltz is butthurt about JBL shitting on his awards.
>>
>>2572641
>because people take his speculation as fact and twist his words
I'm not saying this doesn't happen, but he doesn't help himself. He's been doing this for how many years? And yet he still uhh.... talks.... like this and uhhh... I don't know... Maybe...I heard something involving uh.... Finn Balor but uhhhh.... Yeah, I'll have more on that soon.

He has a pre-recorded podcast which he can edit. He has his own forum where he can take all the time he needs to clarify what he's saying. But he doesn't. He's purposely vague because if he was actually clear on everything, his paying fans would understand that he's not that much of an insider and just lives in hindsight.
>>
>>2572775
Wait was the bullying shit about stuff he did on air or in private?
>>
>>2572636
meltzer stated on multiple occasions that firing JBL would accomplish nothing.
>>
File: 1491241812048.png (12KB, 586x186px) Image search: [Google]
1491241812048.png
12KB, 586x186px
SEETHING
>>
It's obvious that part of the agreement mandated that he stress to everyone that JBL was not the real reason why he quit, which would technically be true since symptoms of his depression and bipolar disorder interfering with his job, appears to be the main reason why he ultimately decided to leave. Also that Mauro will probably not ever discuss JBL's bullying at all.

That doesn't mean that JBL didn't bully him. It just means that the bullying itself isn't the reason why he personally felt he had to leave.

This might sound like semantics to you or me, but this is a legal agreement so the distinction is very important.

Mauro saying "me quitting this company has nothing to do with JBL" means Mauro can leave and take a nice payout, and WWE can have a statement from him that downplays the bullying allegations without having Mauro lie and say it didn't happen. They also don't have to worry about Mauro letting loose about JBL's bullying.

Mauro directly saying "JBL never bullied me" is different. Not only does it shatter Meltzer's credibility beyond any defense, but it also opens him up to a lawsuit.

Nothing about any of this suggests that JBL didn't bully him, or that Meltzer was wrong. The only loss that Meltzer takes here is that his attempt to have backstage bullying in WWE become a major news story has failed.
>>
>>2572789
DAVE BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
BASED JACOB
>>
>>2572790
Didn't Forbes or something report on it though? If so, judging from the outcome it didn't even really do much.
>>
>>2572778

Apparently on a network show 'bring it to the table'
>>
>>2572762
This. The only thing we have to go on is what jbl said live about the award. People only think there was more because of his history.

>>2572766
You disingenuous kike. It was not "a few tweets and an article" This man went on a 20 minute rant attacking jbls character based on what he read in a book from some no named guy. He actually attacked ESPN because they wouldn't cover the story based on hearsay. He looks like an idiot because le meltz ****tries***** to present himself as a credible journalist, this attack was unprofessional and clear he was pushing his own narrative.

Also the fact that mauro said jbl had nothing to do with it. It could have been any reason that mauro left, but we'll never know because he took the money and ran. And no I don't think youre literally meltzer, I know youre just a fanboy who got caught up.
>>
>>2572806
you watch wrestling and dont know who justin roberts is?
>>
>>2572789
Dave will not recover from that one
>G-G-GREAT GUY
>A-A-ALWAYS FUN TO BE A-A-A-WAAAAAAH

Holy shit he's SEETHED
>>
>>2572799
I wouldn't say that counts since Forbes regularly reports on WWE anyway
>>
File: IMG_20170423_134927.jpg (179KB, 720x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170423_134927.jpg
179KB, 720x508px
Who are his inside sources, anyways?
>>
File: lol.png (822KB, 834x916px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
822KB, 834x916px
>>2572813
>>
>>2572813
Based RuRu burying le meltz.
>>
>>2572806
>attacking jbls character
Paraphrasing what others have said about him is hardly a slanderous attack. If Meltz was the one that spearheaded the movement to fire JBL then you would have a good claim, unfortunately reddit was behind that.

>present himself as a credible journalist
Were you not around when Benoit happened? Or the last 30 years that he's been writing for the Observer? Did you only know Meltzer from this one incident or something?
>>
>>2572813
omfg lmao
>>
Am I the only one wondering if JBL is still in trouble with Vince over this?

I mean, look at that statement from Mauro. Clearly designed to take heat off WWE and JBL without having to directly deny the true bullying allegations. You just KNOW Vince paid Mauro an assload of money for him to even decide to try and make it sound like JBL had absolutely nothing to do with him leaving.

Vince does NOT like to lose money. This is a man who openly cried in public when he realized he spent tons of money only for his wife to lose her Senate bid. And that was his own wife.

JBL might be in hot water over this whole thing behind the scenes after all...
>>
>>2572834
Probably not considering they're golfing buddies
>>
>>2572834
Nah based JBL is cool with both Vince and Trump
Nu male smarks just keep getting btfo
>>
>>2572823
Paraphrasing things that you don't know is true is the definition of slander. Also it was his "arcticle" that started the whole movement anyway, per norm reddit was late to the party.

I agree with you, meltz has always been a toss pot. He should stick to just wrasslin.

>>2572808
Well again from my comment above that as all hearsay. I can write a book saying I pegged vince, still doeant make it true.
>>
Stop bullying Dave Meltzer please
>>
>>2572800
That's what this whole thing was about?
It was fucking nothing.
>>
>>2572858
#fire/asp/
>>
File: ruru.png (251KB, 588x2018px) Image search: [Google]
ruru.png
251KB, 588x2018px
>>2572813
Rusev is a treasure.
>>
File: C4tb98WVMAYdzGg.jpg (135KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C4tb98WVMAYdzGg.jpg
135KB, 1200x675px
>>2572834
>Vince does NOT like to lose money. This is a man who openly cried in public when he realized he spent tons of money only for his wife to lose her Senate bid
Sure does look unhappy now. Pic related.
>>
>>2572636
>E!SPN doesn't report on rumors
What the fuck is he talking about?
>>
>>2572858

No him and his gay fans ruined the rumble for me. This cannot be forgiven.
>>
>>2572813
Meltzer BTFO
>>
Reading through some of Dave's Twitter.

Does he live on the fucking thing? He answers near every question
>>
>>2572931
Listen to him on any WOR or interview. He literally never turns off and always has some random fact from the 70s or some shit floating around in his head at all times.
>>
>>2572931
It's his job. Plus he strikes me as the workaholic type.
>>
>>2572777
>he doesn't help himself.

i agree. note this doesnt happen as often with mike johnson either. i dont know if its because dave is more prominent, because of observer radio, or because pwinsider is just more careful with their words. probably all three
>>
I really hope this is just your guys' new shitposting gimmick and you don't actually believe the stuff you're saying.

Either way, it's the dumbest gimmick you've had yet.
>>
>>2572952
>It's his job to shit on Twitter instead of doing investigative journalism

Shut the fuck up
>>
>>2573087
What's even your stance here? What do you even mean by this?

>>2573120
Le meltz is a joke. It's going to be funny watching him stammer to try to save face from this. (uhhh...ya see...jbl did really do it...uhhhh.... i think....uh ya"
>>
Do you morons not know how this stuff works in a settlement?

WWE pays Mauro money and he agrees not to say anything bad about what happened to him
>>
>>2573158
Like the Roman and Jinder stuff is one thing, if you like those guys and just wanna play it up for the sake of shitposting, go for it, I guess.

But stuff like
>So in the end, was this #FireJBL movement the biggest fuckup in Le Meltz's career?

Is just so, so, so stupid on so many levels and I really hope it's just to get a reaction because if the person saying it actually believes it, that's an almost incurable level of stupidity.
>>
>>2573181
Sooo do you have any reasoning behind this or is this a classic case of "if you disagree youre stupid"
>>
>>2573271
I mean, where do you want me to start? The fact that Meltzer never, at any point wanted JBL to get fired and always stressed that using JBL as a scapegoat was missing the point? The fact that he was saying for over a week that Mauro and WWE were working out a settlement and that would 100% include an NDA, so he knew this was coming? The fact that there's evidence and stories going back literal decades that JBL does this kind of the stuff? The fact that Mauro's friend, Bas Rutten, basically said he wanted to beat the shit out of JBL for real, meaning something DEFINITELY happened between JBL and Mauro?

Just tell me where to start, man, I can try and drag your nose to the truth any number of ways, but if you'd prefer to just go back to shitposting because thinking for yourself is too hard, I can leave, too.
>>
>>2573278
>never wanted jbl fired
wrong. Had an entire tirade dedicated to shitting on jbl. He wanted to make this a national story, which is laughable in itself.

>nda
Never heard him mention it, he went all in on this one
>evidence
A few """shoot"""" interviews and some announcers book? Thats not evidence that would hold up in court buddy

>bas
Lol dude he just said that because he heard the rumor and he's close with mauro. Youre reaching that DEFINITELY doesn't mean anything.

You just sound like a meltz fan. Just admit he fucked himself
>>
>>2573311
>The situation with Mauro Ranallo and WWE hasn’t changed as representatives from both sides were working out a settlement regarding the remainder of his contract.

>It is expected that a non-disclosure agreement regarding everything that happened would be part of the settlement.
>>
>>2573311
Aaaand,

>The issues are far deeper than Layfield. The Fire Layfield movement is clearly asking for a simplistic answer to a complex issue within the company, that comes from well above him. The goal of this publicity should not be to create a scapegoat, or celebrate if the pressure is such that Vince McMahon does a Pat Patterson with Layfield, having him leave while still backing him and bringing him back when the heat is off. (For the record, I believe Pat Patterson should never have left the company even if it was largely a very temporary and largely worked departure). It should be a lesson regarding the change in culture and that the company will realize it’s not worth the risk of this coming up again, and changing internally.

Those took me five minutes to find, do you really wanna keep going with this?
>>
File: BigDickMeltz.jpg (32KB, 1154x231px) Image search: [Google]
BigDickMeltz.jpg
32KB, 1154x231px
>>2572636

E DRONES on early damage control

once the truth comes out, they will go on suicide watch

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAA
>>
Regardless of the outcome, JBL was and still is an obese homosexual.

I can see why the smarks here are falling all over themselves to defend him
>>
>>2573331
>For the record, I believe Pat Patterson should never have left the company even if it was largely a very temporary and largely worked departure
He only says this because Pat fed him dirt

Dave is the most transparent hack in journalism
>>
>>2572725

Seething
>>
>>2572636
You are now aware that this whole thing is Meltzer's personal crusade against JBL because Bradshaw had the nerve to shit all over one of that faggot's "prestigious" awards.
>>
>>2573554
I literally think the whole "JBL shitting on Maruo's award" thing was a fucking work and Mauro worked himself into a shoot.

JBL's character is a fucking kayfabe dick. If anything it's WWE's way of showing off Mauro's award. Albeit, a shitty one but Mauro really worked himself on this one if this was the reason he stayed at home for a month.

Now that they paid off Mauro it's gonna get swept under the rug, he obviously had a lot to say if they choose to pay him instead of waiting out the contract. You can call Meltzer's facts wrong but even a broken clock is right twice a day. There are stories of JBL being a dick from numerous people, like bullying Lillian Garcia after missing work because her dad died or something.

If you suck JBL's cock all day you're retarded, if you suck Mauro's cock all day you're retarded. Everyone in this debacle is retarded imo
>>
>>2573455
>Smarks are defending JBL

Wrong, dumbass.
>>
>>2572774
>Believing anything Meltzer says
Has Meltzer ever been involved with the company at all? You're being ignorant if you honestly think Meltzer is a more credible source than someone who actually worked with the guy for years.
>>
>>2573320
>>2573331
And the source for these are?
>>2573455
>smarks are defending him
The same numale wymans wrasslin smarks? I think you might be mistaken?
>>
>>2573378
Get out, Dave
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.