[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/asp/: "WRESTLING MATCHES AND THE UNDERTAKER DON'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Dave-Meltzer-375x227.jpg (16KB, 375x227px) Image search: [Google]
Dave-Meltzer-375x227.jpg
16KB, 375x227px
/asp/: "WRESTLING MATCHES AND THE UNDERTAKER DON'T DRAW!"

Based Meltz: "The highest rated segment in wrestling history was an Undertaker wrestling match."

/asp/ BTFO
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>>2569827
>"The highest rated segment in wrestling history was an Undertaker wrestling match."
Because people saw it, then never wanted to see wrestling ever again
>>
>Replies: 2
>Posters: 2

hmmmm
>>
>>2569827
this is 1 thing i agree with /asp/ on. i used to be a big taker mark till my eyes were opened on here. i still hate Roman and think the WWE is shite but /asp/ has converted me on the undercarder
>>
>>2569827
Who was he wrestling against? Why'd you leave that out, huh?
>>
>>2570231
Stone Cold
>>
>>2570775
so Undertaker was 5% of the reason the match did that high rating (5% is generous)
>>
>>2570777
If that's the case then how come so many other Raw matches with Austin involved didn't achieve that high of a rating?
>>
>>2570795
cause this title match was in the middle of peak Austin vs Vince, the next ppv Vince is forced to leave WWF
>>
>>2570795
Because the match he's talking about happened in an overrun segment so it piled in extra viewers from Nitro and people who tuned into USA to see the next scheduled programme.

The highest rated segment on Raw in regular broadcast hours is This Is Your Life Rock and the highest rated match it Patterson and Brisco vs the Mean Street Posse.

Dave Meltzer is a mark and a sophist and Based Russo is right.
>>
>A match where Steve Austin won the WWF title from The Undertaker in Charlotte drew the largest rating and audience to ever witness a pro wrestling match or for that matter, any pro wrestling segment, ever on U.S. cable television. The match did a 9.5 rating, which was 10.72 million viewers. Perhaps the most impressive is that one out of every six television sets in the U.S. that had cable that was on during that time was watching that match. Because for more than a decade, Vince Russo has made it a talking point to say how the “The Is Your Life: Rock,” segment was the highest rated segment in history (it did an 8.4 quarter), to show how skits outdraw matches, it’s become a talking point how that was the highest rated segment in Raw history. Actually there were a handful of different quarter hours that beat that total, including most of the second hour of the May 10, 1999 show.
>>
Smeltzer unironically thinks Arn Anderson was a top draw of the 90s and Ric Flair was a bigger draw than Sting/equal to Hogan.
>>
>>2570868
Melzter is the one who has access to all the numbers
>>
>>2570868
You don't have any numbers to dispute him. You just disagree with him because smarks like him too much and worship his ratings.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.