[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how many times can you do something over and over before it loses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

how many times can you do something over and over before it loses it's appeal?
>>
3 according to you. Be mindful that everyone who watches wrestling isn't a 30+ year old neckbeard in their moms basement.
>>
>>2566282
BASED
>>
I was wondering why, in the middle of the match, when there was a slam and the ring bent considerably, none of the announcers said anything. I realized then that there was probably something planned for the ring.
>>
>>2566289
If you weren't an idiot, you would realize they had the ring post covers off for the match.
>>
>>2566282
OPetty BTFO
>>
>>2566289
>there was a slam
speaking of slams why don't they just do one of those? like Hogan slamming down Andre but the ring explodes?
>>
>>2566289
>>2566282
It really isn't a big of a deal, it's a spot that they rarely do so really, bitching about it's autism at work pretty much

>>2566289
>>2566297
This though, is what bothers me, they should have done a better job like with Henry/show or Lesnar/Show, now it had "this will happen" all over it.
>>
There should be a 12-year rule for ring breaks in one company

Doing it 3 times within 14 years is a bit much
>>
>>2566278
I mean does it really matter? I only remember the lesner show one which was when I was in junior high. Not everybody watches this shit religiously
>>
Not very many
>>
I think most spots you can just do whenever, nobody gives a shit, but if it's something as memorable as a ring collapsing you really shouldn't try to recreate it since everyone will just compare it to the original and bitch about it being a lazy retread.
>>
>>2566278
Well it still got a great reaction but it definitely got the worst reaction out of the three times they did it.
>>
>>2566561

True

Even the one with Mark Henry had some people bitching at the time because "dammit they already did this before wtf"

The original truly was the best, though. The build-up as Lesnar ran to Beeg at the top rope.....the crowd getting progressively louder because they knew he was setting up a superplex and they wondered if he could even pull it off.....Michael Cole and Tazz's amazing selling of the whole thing on commentary.....the crowd being VISIBLY hyped the fuck up after the ring broke (I'll never forget that one dude in the blue shirt when the camera showed the crowd reaction)....

They'll never be able to top that one. Everything was just too damn perfect. Even JR and Lawler being there wouldn't have made it better; Cole and Tazz did THAT good of a job with selling it
>>
>>2566633
Tazz said "holy shit" then went quiet for a long time, you just now Vince was chewing him out on the headset.
>>
>>2566278
Well Asuka has been having the same match for 11 years and still somehow has some fans
>>
>>2566278
i dunno i fuck ya mom finna every night and still keep comin back for the puss

thumbs this up
>>
>>2566305
>>2566286
>>2566282

Shut the fuck up you embarrassment.
>>
I will say that even though this is the third time they've done this spot and that it was telegraphed a mile away, the Braun/Show ring break was the best looking of them all.

Stairs got flung away, the fucking ref got tossed out of the ring. The break this time really showcased collateral damage and emphasized the best just how colossal these two men are.

I honesty wish I was a little jimmy again so the first ring break I've ever saw would've been this one.
>>
>>2566752
>Stairs got flung away, the fucking ref got tossed out of the ring. The break this time really showcased collateral damage and emphasized the best just how colossal these two men are.

Too bad the crowd and commentary reaction to it were meh
>>
>>2566278
>look at ramen
>>
>>2566702
SEETHING
>>
>>2566282
rofl
>>
>>2566752
nope. first one still the best. smaller guy superplexing a giant from the top rope unlike Henrys, Brauns second rope lazy effort. didn't have the ref trying to steal the spotlight by doing 'le flippy ouchies' to the outside or stairs that were so set up it looked corny and staged being flung around. the first one had the better crowd reaction, better commentary and looked like they both killed each other trying to take the other put. Braun standing up and doing 'le rawr' was top cringe also. in other words...

18+ here pinhead
>>
File: 001.png (293KB, 478x355px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
293KB, 478x355px
>>2566633
>based blue shirt guy
We will probably never see a WWE crowd this lively again
>>
>>2568350
>the first one had the better crowd reaction, better commentary

Nigga, it was the first time it was done.
Of corse it had a better reaction. Nobody saw it coming
>>
File: chioda.png (204KB, 466x294px) Image search: [Google]
chioda.png
204KB, 466x294px
>>2568350
>didn't have the ref trying to steal the spotlight by doing 'le flippy ouchies' to the outside
Mike Chioda sold that first ring break so much better
Just tumbled down to the mat in one spot, then slowly sat up and looked around with the most jaw-dropped, dumbfounded "what the motherFUCK just happened" look on his face
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.