[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in fucking hell has this guy won 13 championships? Seriously,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

File: orton.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
orton.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
How in fucking hell has this guy won 13 championships?

Seriously, is there anyone in history that was booked at his level that was a bigger anti-draw? Why the fuck do they keep putting titles on him?
>>
>>2562380
Ring boners
>>
girls love him and he does ok as a number 2 guy.
randy isn't that bad, but the dude just doesn't care anymore.
i cant even remember his last good match.
>>
>>2562380
Edge won 11
>>
>>2562388
With Christian few yrs ago.
>>
Randy's the kind of guy who makes a good heel contender, but for a number of reasons he can't carry the show on his own. Doesn't help that Haitch cut him off at the knees whenever he got real momentum going (his 2009 run and the WWE title run he had in 2013-2014 comes to mind) so he gives no fucks anymore.
>>
>>2562395
>11 world titles in 5 years
>simply by being one of the top 2-3 heels

That's fucking idiotic
>>
>>2562380
Yeah Randy is frustrating. His original legend killer gimmick, and his heel run from 08-10 were fantastic. Some of the best heel work ever. But apart from 4 or so years in his 15 year career, he's just been so fucking bland. I think now especially, he's reached a point where he realises he's got no chance of breaking out from wrestling, so he's just using his position in the company to get a decent pay check, phone it in, and make as much money as he can before his body gives out. It's annoying because when he wants to be, he's so fucking good. But he just doesn't seem to care.
>>
>>2562388
I think he had several with Del Rio.
>>
Ever hear of Cena? More titles in less time. Less talent. Explain that too while you're at it.
>>
>>2562482
BMJ is leages ahead talented than boreton
>>
>>2562388
his match against Rollins at wrestlemania was good
>>
2 of them were in the same night when he was literally handed the title by Vince
3 of them came in less than a year when he played hot potato with Cena.
1 was a cash-in where Triple H handed him the title
1 was him winning back the title while it was vacant in the same story

That's seven right there, so he clearly has fudged the number along the way. And that's just the WWE Championship, I dunno what shenanigans he's gotten up to with the WHC.
>>
>>2562395
>>2562482

Edge and Cena could've both downed a bottle of Nyquil before every show and still have been more charismatic than Orton.

Cena is also a much more talented wrestler.
>>
>>2562396
>>2562476
>>2562520

when you compare how far apart they are, and how talented randall is it's bad desu
>>
I miss edge
>>
>>2562498
>>2562547
WTF are you talking about?
Cena's selling is absolutely the worst,and his moves are some of the weakest,also moves like a fucking clown and speaks loud during matches.Not even close to Orton

I get that you really hate the guy,but come on,be fucking real.
>>
File: 1492111415925.gif (229KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
1492111415925.gif
229KB, 500x302px
They say it all the damn time: he is the perfect image of what a sports entertainer would look like.
>>
>>2562380

I never understood the appeal of Randy Orton, either. I remember him from his Evolution days, but even then, I thought he was by far the most boring member of the Evolution.

Then again, he's always looked fit, even after returning from injuries, and he's a pretty solid worker. But he is oh so vanilla and boring, and he "phones it in" so often that he's gone from "legend killer" to "killer of the suspension of disbelief".

There's just so little passion. It seems like he's just going through the motions and doesn't feel, identify or relate to his character or the role he plays in any way.

JBL always says that "the great ones make it look easy" when Orton does a powerslam, but I'd say "Orton makes it look like he's not even trying".
>>
>>2562619
Cena has this neat thing called a character
>>
>>2562619
Cena at his derivative worst is still better than Orton.
>>
>>2562622
lol literally a shitty meme that isn't even true, he looks like shit
>>
>>2562641
character for kiddies like you

>>2562668
I told you why Cena is worse than Orton,and you just told me that Cena at his worst is better than Orton just because you said it,basically being subjective.
Good answer....
>>
When Orton actually gives a shit, he's great. Unfortunately, he hasn't given a shit in at least 10 years.
>>
>>2562687
Orton isn't exactly renowned for great selling or pacing either.

He's never had a great match without a vastly superior wrestler damn near killing themselves to put him over.
>>
>>2562671
>>2562638
Orton was alright when he started out. The accumulated tattoos have really fucked up his look though.
>>
>>2562752
he's a generic ''handsome'' dead-eyed nobody. Wrestling was built on freaks and fatsos and monsters, not bland vanilla frat boys.
>>
Randy is like HHH, he's never been THE guy, he's just very good at being the guy who feuds with THE guy.
>>
>>2562396
lmao no christians trash
>>
File: 547c485050f0b_triple_h.jpg (19KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
547c485050f0b_triple_h.jpg
19KB, 240x240px
How in fucking hell has this guy won 13 championships?

Seriously, is there anyone in history that was booked at his level that was a bigger anti-draw? Why the fuck do they keep putting titles on him?
>>
>>2562779
He's not even good at that though most of the time. Triple H wasn't either for the most part tbqh.

>>2562781
kys
>>
>>2562787
He's getting pegged by the boss's daughter
>>
>>2562525
Orton has had some very questionable "reigns."

I would be like counting Punk "walking out" then beating Cena at TLC as two reigns.
>>
>>2562395
Edge also won his 11 titles in like a span of 3 years.
Unlike Orton who won his first title at 22 years old, thus his title runs have been spaced out over his 15 year career. Edge was a career midcarder, then got heat after the Lita x Hardy thing. And starting winning all his titles in a very short span.
>>
>>2562810
I just realized all that HGH must have fucked up the Y-chromosome sperms. That's why he only has daughters. And they'll all change their name to McMahon.
>>
>>2562380
Orton's not an anti-draw, he's just a static no-dimes gained-or-lost shitter.

> is there anyone in history that was booked at his level that was a bigger anti-draw?

People booked as top guys that lost more dimes? Sure, plenty.
>Seth Rollins
>Kevin Nash
>HBK
>Undercarder
>>
>>2562910
Shane's sons will take control of the WWE, he did say that his eldest is looking to be an actual wrestler

Shane may have lost now but he'll win the future

Smarks getting assblasted by Cena and Roman's pushes?

You haven't seen anything yet
>>
>>2562787
haitch was a draw though. less than rocky and austin, sure. but being #3 in the attitude era is nothing to scoff at.
>>
>>2562915
>haitch was a draw though

lmao
>>
>>2562915
Nice try Paul.
>>
>>2562860
Edge was never booked as a strong champ. Their main way of getting him heat was to have him win the belt through some dastardly means.
>>
>>2562915
>#3 in Attitude Era

5th at best

>>2562911
Orton actively drew worse on Smackdown than Christian, Henry or Show
>>
>>2562949
Yeah, I said he's basically a flat zero. Never drawn a dime, never lost any.
That does not preclude the notion that other people who have drawn a few would have the ability to out-draw him, dingus.
>>
>>2562953
He killed Smackdown attendance worse than Jack Swagger.

Jack. Fucking. Swagger.

Almost every time Orton has entered a world title picture there's been an immediate ratings drop.

>he's not an anti-draw
>>
I HEAR CROWDS ARE DWINDLING

I SEE RATINGS CRASHING

I FEEL NO DIMES DRAWING

WHY AM I SO BORING
>>
>>2562641
Dont move the goal post faggot.
Cena is a terrible wrestler and not better than Orton in the ring.
>>
Wasn't 2009 a relatively good year for the WWE and Randy was the champ for a good portion of it?
>>
>>2562973
source?
>>
>>2562787

Haitch can at least cut a promo without sounding like he's about to fall asleep
>>
>>2562482
Cena was a funny little wigger who taunted Bork and got away with it.

Randy is just a sleepy snek
>>
How in fucking hell did this guy win 7 championships?

Seriously, is there anyone in history that was booked at his level that was a bigger anti-draw? Why the fuck did they keep putting titles on him?
>>
>>2563571
>25 years as a main eventer
>only 7 world titles
JUST
>>
I remember disliking Orton during that initial face period after his debut, with J.R overhyping him all the time. He then got injured and started interrupting with those RNN breaking news updates and the promo where he buries Bret Hart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kApEyDEvbTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNGZE71T2DM

That is what really got people to give a fuck about him. That Randy was great. After he lost the Legend Killer gimmick he became of of the most boring pos ever
>>
>>2562380
Most of that happened in a single summer
>>
>>2563609
The birth of his Viper stuff when he was punting people's heads off was good too. But that's really it.
>>
He seems to get championships sometimes because WWE convinces themselves they fucked up by giving it to the guy who currently has it.

I'm thinking of guys like Christian and Bray Wyatt, the former who had it for what, 5 days? And the latter who held it for a month and a half and won't even be getting a rematch for it.
>>
>>2562380
Orton's a good foil for a babyface like Bryan or Cena, but he absolutely cannot carry a brand. He's exactly like HHH only without the genuine hateable qualities.
>>
I actually buy into a lot of shit in the E that I shouldn't and I still can't buy into Randall, that speaks volumes.
>>
Wtf is ortons character anyways?
>>
>>2563609

The peak of Randy's heel work was "Eddie's in hell"

That was ten years ago, and he's won like a dozen titles since then
>>
>>2564120
Handsome brooding heel man
>>
Since 2014 CM Punk's name has been chanted more times during Randy's matches than his own.
>>
>>2562953
He actively lost ratings compared to Christian, Show and Henry. So he literally lost dimes and pretty much killed smackdown.
>>
>>2563928
Him and Cena have always been shit foil for each other and out of 30+ televised matches have maybe 1 or 2 that aren't mediocre to terrible.
>>
>>2564492
ratings =/= dimes
>>
>>2562915
>#3 in the attitude era

LMAO

between the two companies he was MAYBE 10 or 11th...maybe
>>
>>2564525
Dwindling ratings generally correspond with shit house show attendance. Which can also be seen with randy, he doesn't sell tickets.

Only time he ever drew dimes was when he first started punting people but before the match with HHH was really starting to be focused on.
>>
>>2562915
What the fuck? That fag isn't even top 20 in the attitude era. Gaytch has never been and never will be a draw or anything more than a footnote in wrestling history.
>>
File: 1484989634490.png (168KB, 271x370px) Image search: [Google]
1484989634490.png
168KB, 271x370px
>>2564572

>will effectively be running the largest wrestling promotion in the world in the next ten years
>footnote in wrestling history
>>
>>2564499
Edge was a far superior foil to Cena because their basic ideology clashed. Hustle Loyalty Respect vs Mr Sex and Violence Rated R Superstar.

Randy is boring and never had a good foil.
>>
>>2562380
He has the look and girls fall in love with a handsome man like randy. To bad he is irrelevant outside of wrestling fandom and can't really draw.
>>
>>2562915
Triple Nose was 15th in the attitude era in terms of draw. Come on now.
>>
Randy acts like a generic tough guy cool dude. Cena is usually more genuine in his character.
>>
>>2565159
>To bad he is irrelevant outside of wrestling fandom

Vine made RKO out of nowhere mainstream
>>
Was he asking a fan, or an official?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT-O2O5H7Mg
>>
>>2565099
You forgot Ultimate Opportunist. That part there clashes against the Respect and Loyalty parts the most.
>>
>>2563928
Except as a face HHH has charisma and as a heel he can get heat easily. Orton doesn't even get the X-Pac/Reigns heat, the arena literally falls asleep when his theme plays.
>>
>it's an Orton match
>>
>>2562921
>>2562934
>>2562949
>>2564532
>>2564572
>>2565159

Are you fags really pretending that DX wasn't a draw?
>>
>>2566232
DX was never a draw, they were a sideshow.

All of the following were bigger draws than triple H during the attitude era.
>Austin
>Rock
>Hogan
>Goldberg
>Sting
>Foley
>The Giant
>Nash
>Hall
>Kane
>Konnan
>Luger
>>
>>2566240
>Goldberg
>The Giant
>Kane
>Konnan
>Luger

Seek sunlight.
>>
>>2566243
The other four are debatable but Goldberg drew more dimes in 1998 than Haitch has drawn his whole career.
>>
>>2564984
>>2566232
Are you two really going to pretend either of those things actually had anything to do with Gaytch? He's always been right place right time. Nothing more. Fucking incredible.
>>
>>2566240
You're moving the goalpost. Just because there were bigger draws doesn't mean DX wasn't a draw.
>>
>>2562380
Orton is, unironically, like the second biggest house show draw on the roster right now.

That says more about the dismal state of WWE than it does his drawing power though
>>
>>2563578
>>2563571
The Undertaker character much like Kane and Big Show, didn't need titles to be considered threats
>>
>>2566460
Kane, sure, even during his unmasked run he was threatening but

>Big Show
>a threat

He always varied between a joke face to a joke heel.
>>
>>2566587
Reminder that Big Show ended the unbeaten streaks of Lesnar AND Reigns.
>>
>>2562619
if he's a clown then does he fuck mrs foley's baby boy's baby girl?
>>
>>2562380

He's a safe transitional champion. That's seriously the only reason.

WWE gave up on him being a big-time crossover star like Cena years ago. Now he's an above-average worker who has been thoroughly established as a main event threat.

He's good for holding the belt and giving a solid B- effort in doing it until they feel that someone they're looking to push is ready.
>>
>>2568103
>killed Smackdown during the last brand split

Well that doesn't sound very "safe" to me anon...
>>
>>2563571
I feel like Taker hated Hogan so much that he much preferred building his mystique to sell matches rather than rely on doing it for the strap.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.