[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal of Strong Style? Any recommended matches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: pict04.jpg (31KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
pict04.jpg
31KB, 320x251px
What is the appeal of Strong Style? Any recommended matches or wrestlers?
>>
Necro Butcher vs Samoa Joe
>>
Kenta Kobashi and Misawa
If you want something modern, Shibata, Ishii and Nakamura
>>
>>2550581
Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
>>
>>2550581
I still don't know what strong style means.
>>
>what's the appeal of men hitting each other like men instead of doing gymnastics

Gee I dunno
>>
>>2550633
It's just a pro wrestling style based around realistic or stiff strikes, often trying to capture the vibe of non-scripted combat sports.
>>
Nakamura/Ibushi at WK9 is a pretty good entry point for normies.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x57wmj4
>>
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4qkxkk

RIP Based Shibata
>>
>>2550646
whats the point in a scripted show? that's like having stunt men beat the shit out of each other
>>
>>2550690
that's the beauty of Strong Style senpai
>>
>>2550690
Thats like asking what is the point of having blood or highspots or weapons spots in matches. All of those things as well as working strongstyle bring a level of realistic violence and/or the illusion of danger into matches.
>>
>>2550583
Thats HC not SS
>>
>>2550600
Not Strong Style thats just a regular match
>>
>>2550633
This >>2550646
Butt also in Japan it's about fighting spirit and showing what you punishment you can take and dish out, it's kind of a shoot wrestling/mma style
>>
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x137rxn_hiroshi-tanahashi-vs-katsuyori-shibata-njpw_sport
>>
Goddamn Kensuke was based as fuck.
>>
>>2550598
>Kobashi and Misawa
>Strong Style
NO
>>
>>2550633
Less moves and more strikes and submissions you wont see and flippy shit
>>
>>2550712
none of those happen anymore

let us have a food fight
>>
>>2550581
It's not just beating the shit out of your opponent to make it look real. Strong style is an art/technique, that requires skilful wrestler to do it. He needs to know exactly the spot where he can land stiff strikes. Finding it normally is not difficult of course, but during a match, especially fast-paced one, you need to quickly assess the situation.

To put it bluntly for retards, Jinder is not strong style.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 313x181px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 313x181px
>>2552341
Case in point.....
>>
There's no such thing as "Strong Style" as WRESTLING IS FAKE.

It's just some fake made up term by the smarks. The only true example of "strong style" should be this.

>>2550600
>>
The NEVER Championship is a good modern place to start, basically any match with Ishii

>>2553459
Antonio Inoki made it up dumb /wwe/ babby
>>
>>2554927
Akira Maeda took it to the next level. Hunt down Japan's UWF and Rings.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.