[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Wrestlers are more inclined to say "no" to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1492341498957.jpg (44KB, 622x659px) Image search: [Google]
1492341498957.jpg
44KB, 622x659px
>Wrestlers are more inclined to say "no" to the WWE now
what gives?
>>
>>2550258
They know is a dying company
>>
WWE's booking is shit and seemingly dedicated to getting its talent less over and you can make a lot of money and keep creative control of yourself in the indies.
>>
>>2550258
Creative freedom mostly. I'm glad actually, if Vince starts to feel the pressure he might have to step up his game again like in the 80s and 90s
>>
>>2550258
Wrestling is way more visible now and you can get decent work anywhere.

Most will still end up working at WWE in some capacity, but gaining a rabid outside following and traveling the world is much easier now.
>>
>>2550295
Not gonna happen. TV deals mean Vince doesn't have to give a shit about creative control.
>>
>>2550258
WWE is declining
>>
>>2550300
No but if more people are realising WWE isn't the only game in town he might start feeling the need for improvement
>>
>>2550272
lol was.
with the youtube revenue ending a lot of promotions are going to fold right the fuck up.
>>
>>2550352
You mean WCPW is going to fold.
>>
It's much easier to make a good living as a wrestler without going to the WWE then it used to be, if you are noticed enough that you only have to work the bigger indies then you will probably have a lighter schedule than what the WWE asks for and most other companies offer a lot more freedom for wrestlers to do what they want.
>>
>>2550360
it won't.
>>
>>2550258 They don't want to be riden to death, follow a script, and want to peddle their own merch?

All WWE has to offer is a little more money, with the Internet and indy bookings you could get just as much exposure if you have a good gimmick without WWE. I don't think E pays for their healthcare either.
>>
>>2550258
They know they'll get sent to Triple Nose's knockoff indie fed, they'd rather sell their own merch and control their bookings then waste 4 years of their prime feuding with The Drifter in HHH's vanity toy.
>>
>>2550384
hi Adam
>>
Probably the ridiculously demanding schedule that is only possible year after year without injury when you are on illegal supplements.
>>
WWE won't allow anyone to get over until Roman is.

The big incentive to go to WWE is that they can make more money if they can get over, but due to the above, they won't. So, why go?
>>
>>2550258
Name one newcomer to the WWE who's been booked well in the past 5 years.
>>
>>2550476
Asuka.
>>
>>2550258
Contrary to popular belief, no one enjoys working WWE's horrendous schedule to entertain manchildren.
>>
>>2550464
This, RAW feels so fucking oriented around him it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>2550464
>>2550569
Based Big Dog living rent-free in your mind.

But seriously, Roman isn't the source of all your problems. Indie darlings don't draw plus WWE's booking has been notoriously awful for the past 3 years.

Realistically Bray Wyatt should have been the one to retire Taker and benefit from the heat he got from doing that. Instead they have him jobbing on four consecutive wrestlemanias.

So it's not a personal vendetta against indie darlings, it's just the booking that's become awful to the point I have no interest in watching any of the weekly shows and even PPVs are a chore to get through.
>>
>>2550576
I enjoy the i die darlings but I agree with you the booking has been awful and is predictable as fuck. And the titles are borderline irrelevant now. None of them have any prestige bc they have all been changing hands so much
>>
>>2550326
But they are the only game in town and they will be for the foreseeable future
>>
>>2550429
*Plumpy
>>
>>2550258
It's the injuries. Everyone ends up hurting themselves in some way that will nag them for years afterward. No amount of money is worth your health.

This is why all the people who work for WWE who are not marks for the business walk away after their contracts run out.
>>
>>2550258
They see how Vince treats non homegrown wrestling talent.
>>
Simple. Too many wrestlers have become marks for themselves. Everyone thinks they are better than the Rock/Austin/Hogan. It's why jobbers like Sandow and Cryback leave the WWE to work bingo halls and be praised by neckbeards.
>>
>>2550258
>It's dying
>Meme company that hasn't been able to consistently to field anything genuinely entertaining
>Huge risk of being a jobber for no particular reason but Vince's whim
>It's super micromanaged and childish
>The only real improvement over the indies is the money.

It's not even the big leagues anymore where all the other companies are pretty much just shitty CZW clones of no merit. The WWE isn't all that great anymore for actually showing off your talents. So if you don't care about the dollars, there's no particular reason to go to them.
>>
The more flippy indie wrestling gets the more they realize they can't do their move sets

WWE is beyond watered down these days
>>
>>2550258
There are better things to watch now other than wrestling.
>>
>>2550258
How is this even remotely true? In fact it's just the opposite.

In the history of pro wrestling, one company has never had more a monopoly on talent than wwe does right now.

Angle, Hogan, Flair, Sting, more recently the hardys. Just to name a few bankable stars who have worked against wwe in the past. Now there's essentially no one on that level working against them.
>>
>>2552140
Hi Vince!
>>
>>2552140
WWE has more talent than they've ever had, I agree that they have one hell of a monopoly. But little by little you're seeing the trend reverse.

ZSJ, the Young Bucks, Fale, all those guys gave WWE the finger and kept working outside the company. Kota Ibushi turned down being the face of WWE's Cruiserweights and a fat contract so he could run around on the bingo circuit doing gimmick matches. Okada is rumored to have had sitdown with HHH as well and we see where he is.
>>
>WWE terrible 50/50 booking
>No creative freedom at all
>indie scene is at a point where it's totally possible to get a name and make a living outside of WWE

The pros in terms of WWE are more money and the widest exposure, but sometimes that's not enough for people.
>>
File: 1491036455302.jpg (17KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
1491036455302.jpg
17KB, 400x368px
>>2550258
The guys who trained the indie guys now either never made it into the wwe or just never made it at all. So now they teach their students that wwe isn't the "major leagues". Their impressionable young minds believe their teachers and now we're here
>>
File: 0008.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
0008.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>2550258
Omega and the Bucks are going to be Kidani's weapon against the WWE

WWE needs to keep sucking, so that more talent can come to New Japan and more fans can jump ship
>>
>>2552327
The mental gymnastics here is astounding
>>
>>2550476
AJ
>>
>>2552771
I know right :)
>>
>>2552334
Don't forget Kidani has signed Pentagon and Fenix as well for next year events in the US for NJPW.
>>
File: Ci_YaZ9UoAErym3.jpg (48KB, 600x348px) Image search: [Google]
Ci_YaZ9UoAErym3.jpg
48KB, 600x348px
>>2552956
Based af
>>
>>2550352
You retarded?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.