[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>But I found his last words in NJPW - “I’m not going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ebf0c49da6d1806215dd90d4bbed9e57.jpg (182KB, 933x1347px) Image search: [Google]
ebf0c49da6d1806215dd90d4bbed9e57.jpg
182KB, 933x1347px
>But I found his last words in NJPW - “I’m not going to be a white-collar wrestler” - offensive.
>Shibata has always turned down what the company brought to him, saying "I'm not interested” but when you ask him what he wants to do, he never came up with an actual plan. There’s no way the fans would support him, and Shibata himself would eventually reach a dead-end.
>That’s why I refuted, “Shibata is like a junior high student who has just entered his rebellious age. Pro-wrestling is a brawl? Killing? Then why are you wrestling in the first place!” These words didn’t just come out of my mouth out of anger, this is what I’ve been advocating for years. And I still feel the same.
>And last year when he fought in the G1, he got good reaction from the crowd with his Bachi Bachi match. I felt the locker room feel uneasy about it. But it didn’t perturb me at all. I could imagine to a certain extent that the crowd will react to slaps and kicks. I take pride in saying that Shibata’s style was accepted because “Tanahashi / Okada” styles were established as a basis. There is a foundation for “A bit old-school NJPW” style matches to be accepted in the current NJPW. This is not a bluff. I believe so from the bottom of my heart.
>There is no “Next” to those Bachi Bachi style matches. As I pointed earlier when I talked about dangerous moves, fans will seek for more intensity. And the wrestlers have to escalate their violence. And a gruesome scene that you would want to look away will take place on the ring again.
>I believe that the true nature of pro-wrestling lies in arousing fans’ interest, making them wonder, “Where will this fight lead to next?” Is there a “Next” to Shibata’s pro-wrestling?

After their pure kino matches, now based Tana has secured the ultimate philosophical victory over Shibata. Shibata's brain injury has entirely vindicated Tana's position.

Is Tanahashi v Shibata now the GOAT feud?
>>
>>2550247
Well, he's not entirely wrong. But more to the point, all of Shibata's downfalls throughout his career, right up to the headbutt on Okada, were entirely self-inflicted. He left NJ to try his hand at MMA, and he didn't come back until years later after he got his ass kicked too many times in real organised fights. But his walk-out the first time was seen as a show of disrespect to the company after it had taken him in, so the old-school guys never really accepted him back.

Who knows what he could have accomplished in NJPW if he had stayed on. Maybe then he wouldn't have wrestled with a giant chip on his shoulder and almost give himself aneurysms every other match.
>>
He's completely right in theory, but looking at it from a cynical and cold point of view, Shibata is right in practice. Shibata's matches are, generally speaking, much more exciting than Tanahashi matches. Being a good charismatic worker may draw the dimes, but the really great memorable matches are when people go all out.

Compare Tanahashi VS Ishii and Shibata VS Ishii, there's just no contest there.
>>
>>2550317
>Shibata's matches are, generally speaking, much more exciting than Tanahashi matches
Yikes
>>
>>2550247
They had the most overrated NJPW feud ever, no way did they deserve 5 stars for one of their matches.

>>2550317
>Shibata's matches are, generally speaking, much more exciting than Tanahashi matches
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>2550391
>>2550403
>Implying I'm wrong
Shibata VS Ishii >>>>> Tanahashi VS Ishii
>>
>>2550409
Cheater might've had better matches with Pitbull, but who was the one who made Pitbull a star again? Exactly.
>>
>>2550317
It's really about the different styles clashing, no pun intended, and about personal taste. Shibata vs Ishii was great, but I enjoyed several Okada vs Tanahashi matches more than Okada vs Shibata or Tanahashi vs Shibata.
>>
Someone tell me what a bachi bachi match is please
>>
>>2550508
A match where people stiff the fuck out of each other. See: Shibata VS Ishii, any Shibata VS Goto, any Shibata match, really.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.