[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that great mic skill is the reason WWE/F attitude

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (6KB, 201x251px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 201x251px
Can we all agree that great mic skill is the reason WWE/F attitude era so good. Not the flipy flop that we got today. Thats why 205live are completely failure. Pic related
>>
Great mic and great looks, which almost every Indy midget lacks.
>>
Keep taking those English classes, pajeet.
>>
File: 55950117db1a1_adam_cole.jpg (45KB, 239x240px) Image search: [Google]
55950117db1a1_adam_cole.jpg
45KB, 239x240px
>comparing an entire direction of a federation to a C-show

For what purpose?

>>2549155
>>
Austin, Rock and Vince had more mic skills than the entire wrestling industry has today, but wrestlers these days can perform more flips though I guess
>>
>are completely failure
BKM pls
>>
File: flippy shit.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
flippy shit.gif
1MB, 320x180px
state of OP

>>2549161
>guys who didn't have their promos scripted word-for-word for them had mic skills

Really makes you think...
>>
>>2549149
Pretty much
Mic work and overall characters.
Guys like Austin, Rock, Mankind (Foley), HHH and even guys like D-Lo etc. The Attitude era was full of guys with loads of personality.
>>
>>2549165
They really need to get rid of these super scripted promos. Let them flourish. If they get out of line punish them.
>>
>>2549165
But most of them did have their promos scripted. They just had much better writers and less restraints on what they can say.
>>
>>2549192
>If they get out of line punish them.

Well at least this part already happens.
>>
>>2549155
Aries, Kendrick and Neville are better on the mic than most of the RAM roster.
>>
>>2549197
Scripting promos was only brought in once Stephanie was made official creative head in the early 2000s.

Idiot or liar?
>>
The should ne allowed to use Steroids again.
I want those larger than life Gimmicks back
>>
>>2549149
AE was good because WWE was faced with legitimate competition and was forced to constantly raise its own bar and to actually listen to its own fanbase on who should main event without having to dig into its own past for a cheap nostalgia pop. As such there were a plethora of main eventers and upper midcarders who could transition into the main event scene.

WWE today is not ruined because of flips, but because its literally the Roman Reigns show. Ultimately this is the end game and the rest of the full time roster has ultimately been swept away for the last 3 years to secure a path for Reigns.
WWE tells you who to like instead of the other way around.
>>
>>2549165
A floatover DDT? I could never put my finger on exactly what this "flippyshit" that drives this board into an autistic frenzy was supposed to be, but this seems like a really low bar to set.
>>
>>2549210
>he thinks Larger-than-Life has anything to do with physical size
>>
>>2549149
It was a different time. Hell look at the midcard, val venus, deelow, godfather, shamrock, blackman. All of the have more personallity, mic skills, and 'it' factor than any wrassler today
>>
>>2549226
>I get worked by writers in WWE

>Blackman
>>
what does "flipy flop" refer to in the context of promos?
>>
>>2549226
Blackman's gimmick was that he had no personality.
>>
>>2549149
It's not about mic skills as much as it's about having interesting characters.

Wrestlers like Rey Mysterio and The Undertaker had a great career with zero mic skills, while wrestlers like The Miz and Chris Jericho are great on the mic but are also terribly uninteresting otherwise.
>>
>>2549305
>uninteresting
>Chris Jericho
>>
>>2549314
oh no guess i just made le list XD
>>
>>2549364
You were already on the list of known faggots
>>
>>2549149
> Everyone had a recognizable, high concept gimmick
> Promos, while scripted, were not performed verbatim
> Wrestlers injected more of themselves into their characters rather than be completely whatever they were told to do and say - they could act more naturally
> Everyone had a spot
> Majority of roster were traveled veterans rather than in-house
> Higher workrate (faster matches though - take that for what you will)
>>
>>2549239
>shitposting

>>2549251
Blackmans gimmick was that he's a shoot fighter. These days he would get a mainevent push with how wwe is hiring more shoot guys
>>
>>2549149
The edginess and greater freedom is what made it great and sanitizing the product is why wwe will never be culturally relevant again
>>
>>2549149
I guarantee you're over 35 years old and still a virgin
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.