[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a feud that lasted 3 wrestlemania main events >zero iconic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 1

>a feud that lasted 3 wrestlemania main events
>zero iconic moments

Meanwhile Hogan vs Rock:
-not even the main event at WM18
-stole the show
-dubbed greatest match of all times
-memorable crowd
-two iconic moments (Hogan hulking up and Rock finally turning the crowd with the People's elbow''

How much of a Jannetty is Cena?

No matter how much WWE spins it, he'll always be the face of a declining business, nor ever be up there with Hogan, Rock or Austin.
>>
That's what happens when Vince is just playing with action figures on live TV.
>>
Reminder that Hogan should have gone over the Rock in that match

Dwayne has actually had less matches in WWE since WMX8 than Hogan has. Hard to believe, I know.
>>
>>2546133
This won't get over.
>>
>>2546134
you cannot let Hogan will his first match back in the WWF, that would make Vince look like the biggest cuck on the earth
>>
>>2546133
>2 cents has been deposited into your account by WWE

(Vince is a greedy mofo)
>>
>>2546135
Report and ignore. It works.
>>
>>2546134
Nah. Hogan in 2002 was specifically brought back to job. He's lucky enough to have got a title run out of it.
>>
>>2546127
It really was nothing wasnt it.
no one reminds this or talk about this.
though I suppose we'll have to wait for the little kids who watched this to grow up and properly side.
>>
ONCE IN A LIFETIME

EXCEPT TWICE
>>
>>2546143
those who were kids now are at least teens, nobody still gives a fuck

mostly because they hardly knew what Rock was

while everyone knew both Hogan and Rock due to WWE not being PG in their days
>>
>>2546127
I remember the finish to the first match, Cena tries to go for the People's Elbow and Rock intercepts with a Rock Bottom for the win.

I also remember a promo where the Rock is at his house screaming at a child dressed as Cena.

That's about it.
>>
I remember the part where Cena said he wanted to cum on The Rock

>>2546133
New Japan doesn't have to pay for people to say nice things about them
>>
>>2546147
Rock is a huge movie star, people know who he is.
>>
>>2546134
>Have the decrepit old man that almost put you out of business within the last 5 years go over your own top guy that you have every right to believe at the time will remain the face of your company for the next decade.
State of this armchair smart booking
>>
>>2546127
This feud drew tons of dimes though
>>
>>2546157
Who cares?
>>
>>2546151
He's huge in movies now. In 2007 he was doing tooth fairy.
>>
>>2546158
WWE
>>
>>2546157
>The Rock draws ton of dimes when wrestling related

Gee what the fuck, I never knew that.
>>
>>2546161
>2007
This feud started in 2011
>>
>>2546162
That's nice. This thread is about the actual feud as entertainment.
>>
>>2546165
This. Fresh off Rock's debut in the Fast and Furious franchise, kids knew who he was.
>>
>>2546127
It's like Cena/Orton, which WWE tried for years and years to push as the new Rock/Austin. Now the only thing people remember about it is that they had an obnoxious number of matches.
>>
>>2546165
he still was a B movie star in Hollywood.

He peaked in 2016.
>>
>>2546175
Go to bed, Nash.
>>
>>2546175
No, 2011 was the year he broke into being a huge star actually, and he got bigger and bigger each year after that.

Also, B movie star was still bigger than any wrestler in WWE had achieved before. Go look at Hogan's movie career, he would have been begging for Rock's 2002-2010 one.
>>
>>2546174
Orton is a significantly bigger flop than Cena. Cena will always have the defense of selling a shit ton of merch. Orton? Not really.

And at a certain point they even gave him a copycat rattlesnake gimmick, ''the viper'' with ''Stunner out of nowhere'' as ''RKO out of nowhere''.

His ppv buyrates compared to non-Orton ppvs were abysimal too.

I don't even hate the guy but he's proof Vince will push someone for a decade even if that means leaving money on the table.
>>
>>2546175
He was always around in notable movies, even if some were lame kids films or just comedies, he was very much recognizable even if he wasn't in tons of blockbuster films. He finally became a massive movie star after Fast Five, which happened to be the same year this feud began.
>>
>>2546183
Reminder that Orton was supposed to be the next face of the company, not Cena. Even Batista was their second choice to Orton.

Third generation, tall, good looking, tattoos, pushed for his look and "potential" rather than results, planned to be the next guy from the very start....this sounds familiar.
>>
>>2546180
Well okay I agree with most of this.
In the last 4-5 years he got bigger and bigger in Hollywood, getting good roles, until last year's peak.

And yeah no other wrestling guy gets close. Hogan got a role in a Rocky Balboa movie and that was his peak. Though Batista for being an ok guy at best compared to Rock did fairly well.
>>
>>2546191
>Hogan got a role in a Rocky Balboa movie and that was his peak
Well that was what led to him being a star as Hulk Hogan, it was the other way round.
>>
>>2546191
Roddy Piper starred in They Live
Andre the Giant was in The Princess Bride
Hogan also had a role in Muppets in Space
>>
>>2546190
Yep.

A reminder that looks are kinda meaningless unless you are a closeted homosexual.
>>
>>2546180
>>2546191
Batista is doing pretty well now, probably the second most successful after Rock. But even then, it took him years just to get out of direct to DVD films, and he's not headlining any blockbusters, he's more in ensemble work.

But yes, Marvel films, James Bond, the new Blade Runner, Batista has "made it" now.
>>
>>2546152
people were rooting for hogan and rock had already started his hollywood career, he was obviously going to leave soon

one thing's for sure, if hogan won at x8, XIX probably would have drawn more dimes
>>
>>2546193
I meant his peak in Hollywood movies, not overall popularity. His other runs in Hollywood never achieved that much.
>>
>>2546190
I've thought for years and years that Reigns is not the next Cena, he's the next Orton. He'll have a good career, he'll be around for years, he'll get world title reigns here and there, dip in and out of main events, but he will never be "the guy" and his supposed potential will not go anywhere.

Orton has had a great career individually, like the above, but given they planned for him to be the face of the company, he will always be a disappointment.
>>
>>2546202
Hell no, his movie career was embarassingly bad.
>>
>>2546197
Nah, looks are important. But not in a way many people think. It needs to be something easy to remember and iconic.

Hogan has his mustache, Austin had a goatee and a bald head, Rock had the eyebrow. Orton has... a snake, I guess.
>>
>>2546201
Rock had only done that small role in The Mummy Returns. He left soon after to do the Scorpion King and that was pretty much it, his return after that film was his last full time run, once he lost to Brock he was a part timer only.

But I don't think they knew he was going to be done full time so soon. And it's not like Hogan was around much longer either, his run was done by the summer and he was only a part timer after that too.
>>
>>2546168
Gb2reddit
>>
>>2546209
Orton is TALL AND GOOD LOOKING WITH A GOOD BODY. That's all it takes right?
WWE is run by committee now, they go by "on paper" potential and attributes like they were designing toys.

Nothing about Reigns is real, it's all corporate designed focus tested crap made in a boardroom. Orton was all "on-paper" too. If he didn't have the RKO he'd have nothing, and that's basically the most long time over finisher ever, from Johnny Ace to DDP to even Stone Cold since the Stunner was modified from the Ace Crusher
>>
>>2546209
If that's the case, why couldn't Haitch draw with his nose?
>>
>>2546194
Those weren't careers though, they were just great one off roles for Andre and Piper. They didn't have film careers after those.
>>
>>2546219
Because HHH is just not a top guy. He has forced his way into that narrative but it's all phony and people know it, including him.
>>
>>2546209
Yeah on that I agree. It's about being recognizable and someone you remember. Again, not Vince's homosexuality contest.
>>
>>2546218
Without RKO Randy wouldn't be even half as over, really. That finisher is great and any finisher that can be hit out of nowhere is great because people often don't expect it (though they had Maggle shout OUTTA NOWHERE too many times so it doesn't work that well anymore)
>>
>>2546222
Roddy was pretty consistently in movies after 1987
>>
>>2546229
he was in films but it wasn't his career, wrestling was
>>
>>2546225
Well the problem is Vince only has one look he and thinks everyone has to fit it. He has mistaken the requirement of having a good look as meaning "having my preferred look".

Dusty Rhodes wasn't good looking or fit, but he definitely had a good look.
>>
>>2546244
Meh, they wanted to push Barry Windham over Stone Cold Steve Austin

http://www.podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=593&pid=1720335

min 21

you'd never believe how stupid those in charge are
>>
>>2546224
HHH is basically a "fake top star" much like Roman is currently, but Roman won't marry into the boss' family so he won't get as far as HHH.
>>
>>2546127
thats what you get with cenetty

>10+ year career
>not one memorable feud
>inb4 cm punk
>>
>>2546203
To be fair, Orton wasn't getting the expected support on his babyface run against Evolution so Triple H burying him and send him to Smackdown where he reinvented himself as the legend killer and got over. Since then, Orton has always played heels or antiheroes but never babyfaces again. Meanwhile, Vince still want Roman to be this huge babyface to run the company
>>
>>2546134
The right guy won, Vince at that time probably assumed Rock would stick around much longer.
>>
>>2546298
He's much better as a top heel than a top babyface. He was the biggest bastard of the Attitude Era and he's in my top five because of that heel run.
>>
>>2546127

John Cena unfortunately came in right around the time that WWE was starting to lose its status as an exciting product with a stable future. Cena is actually a prime example of how lazy and arrogant management was becoming post-WCW: In the presence of a more enjoyable product and respect for the crowd, Cena could have been an icon on par with anything produced by the Attitude era.

>The WWE was prosperous during the Cena years!

A big, strong ship doesn't sink instantly, especially not when the thing that sinks it is a bunch of smaller holes made over time. I'd mark the end of the Attitude era as the first hole in the ship. Now the ship is rotted and might be unsalvageable.
>>
>>2546298

Some of the biggest pops in the history of the company have gone to HHH.
>>
>>2546127
Nobody wanted this shit to happen though

This is the feud that started the trend of the Royal Rumble being the worst ppv of the year for five years now
>>
Reminder that the crowd was LITERALLY the only good thing about Rock v. Hogan.

The actually match was the drizzling shits.
>>
This feud laid the groundwork for the shit-tier Network Era we're currently in.
>>
>>2546134
If Hogan has beaten Rock at X8, all you'd hear about is how he "politicized and never put anyone over." The IWC would call it a 0/10 match and claim it's the reason Rock left, and that Hogan MUST have pulled rank to get the win.

In all honesty, that match couldn't have gone better for Hogan. He was able to say he passed the torch to a younger guy, while at the same time putting on a decent match with the entire arena SOLIDLY in his corner, and his Hulking up was one of the greatest Wrestlemania moments of all time.

That's a pretty good fucking night for Hogan.
>>
>>2546530
Just because it wasn't a technical Marvel doesn't mean it wasn't good. It told a story, got the crowd involved, and delivered on every single spot.

Sorry that Rock and Hogan didn't do a triple backflip sunset flip, or a hurricarana onto a flaming table, but the match was still a botchless, decent match.
>>
>>2546562
Take the crowd out or watch it muted. I guarantee you don't say that.
>>
>>2546540
Rock/Hogan deserves to be Exhibit A that Hogan was a GOAT worker. It's also testament to Rock's skill as a worker while I'm at it.

>>2546587
We are the crowd now.
>>
>>2546587
Why would you remove the crowd from a match?
The crowd is part of a match as much as any move.
>>
>>2546292
Windham is GOAT tho.

...or least he was in 1987
>>
>>2546587
dumbass
>>
>>2546562
>it wasn't a technical Marvel
>didn't do a triple backflip sunset flip, or a hurricarana onto a flaming table,

bruh I agree that the match is fine but this shit is just embarrassing. You can't even keep what other type of match you're mad about consistent.
>>
>>2546587
Watch a match with your eyes closed.
Ha, it's worse! Take that!
>>
>>2546134
>Reminder that Hogan should have gone over the Rock in that match
>yet another boring Hogan win

Thank god Rocky went over.
>>
>>2546530
the psychology was great

and you can give credit to both Hogan and Rock for switching roles at a certain point of the match

when Hogan hulks up, he's clearly the babyface and Rock is the heel because the crowd decided so

when Rock goes for the elbow sequence he's again the babyface and the crowd accepts him

Hogan and Rock show a mastering of the crowd that Cena never had and Cena is really good at handling the crowd anyway

even less those gigantic flops called Orton or Roman
>>
further evidence Cena is a jannetty:

Rock vs Austin trilogy>Hogan vs Rock duology> Cena vs Rock duology and half

In order of match quality:
1) Rock vs Austin I on par with Hogan vs Rock I

3) Rock vs Austin II
4) Rock vs Austin III
5) Rock vs Cena I
6) Hogan vs Rock II
7) Miz vs Cena with Rock as enforcer
8) Rock vs Cena II (though arguably this is more because The Rock got injured during the match)
>>
The Rock vs Hogan was iconic because it was Hogan's first match in the WWE since he left, Rock was just a place holder.

Everyone wanted to see Hogan vs Austin, Austin wouldn't wrestle Hogan so they went with Austin's B-side
>>
>>2546789
First PPV match maybe. He'd wrestled on RAW a couple of times leading up to the match. Including that legendary Handicap match,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXuKrXzv_5I
>>
The only great thing about Rock/Hogan was the crowd reaction. The match itself was shit.
>>
>>2546893
yup never understood why he gets so hyped, the crowd was just as hot for Rock/Austin at WM 17 and that was a legit five star match
>>
>>2546587
shut up bozo
>>
>>2546127
he's the equal to the Rock at this point for sure, and not on the level of Austin or Hogan.
>>
>>2546897
That match is also incredibly hyped. But it's hurt by the ridiculous heel turn at the end.
>>
>>2546134
>much love, brother - HH
>>
>>2546298
Has there ever been a bigger example where 18+ is very appropriate to say?

HHH is probably the third guy of the attitude era, after Austin and Rock and even without a movie career he's pretty well known as a top wrestler.

Seek sunlight.
>>
>>2549963
>Undertaker
>Mick Foley
>>
>>2549984
>Undertaker
Nah.

I recently rewatched many of the Attitude Era ppvs, Taker gets often silent treatment.

Mick Foley on the other hand yes, he was a giga draw. He might be a cuck today, but it remains in history the day that fat fucker won the his first title and on the same night he cucked both Hogan and Nash in the ratings.

He also has the highest rated segment ever with Rock, and he's the only one to have been so retardedly funny that both Austin and Rock couldn't help but break character and laugh.

He definitely ties HHH in the Attitude Era, if not above for the bump off the cage he took.
>>
>>2550010
Undertaker was so over at SummerSlam 1998 that Austin was getting boos outside Canada for the first time in well over year.
>>
>>2550020
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11cfyi_wwf-wwe-summerslam-1998-part-16-hd-final-part_sport

>''Austin'' chants
>not a single boo
>pops on every big move, giga pop on the stunner
>not a single ''undertaker'' chant

dude, there's no need to lie

In 1998 Austin's overness was paying Taker's salary for the second year in a row.
>>
>>2549033
God is here.
>>
Mfw Op is actually right. Just think Hogan was on a high enough level to make the match iconic. He had been heel for years and then turned.

Cena will create that same feel when he stops being corny as fuck and turns heel or when Roman retires him at Mania.
>>
>>2550087
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

nice bait
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.