[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you hate small wrestlers? there are so few >big guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0740.jpg (190KB, 749x729px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0740.jpg
190KB, 749x729px
Why do you hate small wrestlers?

there are so few >big guys left that its normal, and the >big guys that are left look like monsters in comparison, whats the problem?
>>
Insecurity.
>>
File: 1491928887707.jpg (61KB, 474x474px) Image search: [Google]
1491928887707.jpg
61KB, 474x474px
I don't. But I like big wrestlers and I like small wrestlers for different reasons. Having just one type of wrestler you like is pretty autistic and childish, really.
>>
Over time, the wrestling styles just blended from territory to territory and eventually country to country. The size thing was really only a factor because of the style of wrestling most prominent in the US. Lucha Libre styles weren't popular everywhere, Japanese wrestling was a complete niche in America for a long time and eventually the industry changed to where smaller guys who could do more athletic things became more prominent. To some people though (marks), wrestling is still about the beefy guys who to them can realistically fight. These smaller guys don't fit the bill to them and a lot of people from the older industry like Kevin Nash still believe this. Can a cruiserweight look like a threat to a heavyweight? It's not in the size, but the workers themselves. Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle at Summerslam 2002 is a good example of why size doesn't matter, or any Daniel Bryan match.
>>
>>2545974
>autistic and childish '''pro' 'wrestling'' 'fans''
Really tickled my synapses

>>2545985
I just dont get the particular breed of s/mark on this forum that obsess about vanilla indie midgets constantly while still watching modern wrestling for some reason
>>
>>2545985
Isn't all the distinction between size simply an attempt to avoid the fact that what really draws are cool and relatable characters though? Austin considered himself a "small guy" when stacked against the 300 pounders of the 80s, yet look where he got with his charisma and promos.
>>
>>2545990
There's certain smaller wrestlers I like, and some I don't. Most people watch WWE because it's most accessible and familiar wrestling, if that's what you mean by "modern."

If ROH had a TV show that wasn't on some shitty channel that nobody has I'd probably watch that a little more, but I like all wrestling and I watch different promotions and eras accordingly.
>>
>>2545970
i don't hate small wrestlers. i DO hate wrestlers that look like they've never even seen the inside of a gym. the character they're portraying is a tough badass that gets in a ring and beats people up for a living, they should at least try to look the part. pro wrestlers should look like pro athletes, not like a fan that jumped the railing.
>>
>>2545985
>Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle at Summerslam 2002 is a good example of why size doesn't matter, or any Daniel Bryan match

the difference is rey rey and kurt were both athletic. they hit the gym. daniel bryan literally had fat oozing over his belt line. rey rey is the GOAT of lucha libre, kurt is a literal olympic gold medalist. daniel bryan is an indie shitter that did sidekicks for 15 minutes at a time.
>>
>>2545970
I don't hate small wrestlers when they fight other small wrestlers. I just don't think Finn balor should wrestle in the same division as lesnar and strowman
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.