[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In retrospect, is this the weirdest PPV in history? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: 9BE_S5%Q9`C96]NT88%E2QK.jpg (43KB, 385x504px) Image search: [Google]
9BE_S5%Q9`C96]NT88%E2QK.jpg
43KB, 385x504px
In retrospect, is this the weirdest PPV in history? It's so strange.

>Dead brand (at the time) that WWE was willing to bring back for one night
>Minimum relation to "current" wwe storylines (briefly mentioned when you see RAW/Smackdown guys in the crowd; the end of the show is a giant beat on bischoff)
>No buildup on WWE TV in terms of matches/stories
>TVMA rating; fuck was said at least twice by on screen talent (RVD and Paul Heyman)
>Paul Heyman shoots completely honestly in the middle of the show
>Isolated "ECW One Night Stand" canon where most of the guys wear their old gear and use their old names/gimmicks

So fucking strange. I love this PPV, and the second one. Weirdest PPV I've ever seen.
>>
>>2544804
It's great. Definitely felt like the true old ECW. Wasn't Paul actually in charge of directing the show?

ONSII was okay but it definitely felt more WWE.

I think the whole thing was a mistake because it ultimately showed Vince there was a enough brand interest to exploit. He then proceeded to WWEfy it and that was that.
>>
>>2544804
ECW should have died peacefully with this and Hardcore Homecoming instead of having 10 more "reunion" shows afterwards
>>
>>2544817
>It's great. Definitely felt like the true old ECW. Wasn't Paul actually in charge of directing the show?
I believe so. Pretty sure he was actually in charge of the booking and set and basically literally everything that had to do with the show other than the WWE shit. The JBL comment about how he's only champion because Triple H wanted tuesdays off was great. Doubt WWE OK'd that beforehand.

>ONSII was okay but it definitely felt more WWE.
Well yeah it was pretty retarded that the first or second match on an ECW show was Kurt Angle vs Randy Orton. Overall though even with the main event having Cena vs RVD i thought it was great. It was when the show came back to TV that it all went down hill

>I think the whole thing was a mistake because it ultimately showed Vince there was a enough brand interest to exploit. He then proceeded to WWEfy it and that was that.
Meh I don't agree, we got two great shows out of it even if what happened afterwards was horrible at best with the neo ECW.
>>
>>2544804
ONS 06> ONS 05

2005 Main Event was great tho
>>
One of my favorite PPV's. It definitely had a different vibe to it. That Awesome/Tanaka match was the GOAT
>>
>>2544850
Yeah I was about to reply to this thread and ask how the fuck Tanaka vs Mike Fucking Awesome was match of the night, and how motherfucking Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit was pretty much the worst match on the card. What a bizarre night. Christ. Fantastic PPV.

>>2544842
I think 2006 was fantastic but if you look at 2005 in a vacuum of its time it's a super weird relic, of course it came out to result in ONSII and the neoECW (which for the record, I enjoyed at the start. Seeing Bob Holly get his back DESTROYED on the table in one of the first few episodes was insane) I really think 2005 was the better show over all. A lot of the wrestling on 2006 was great and we got motherfucking Foley and Terry Funk on the card (in a pretty fucking burtal match, involving lots of blood and even fire) is pretty insane, but I don't think it tops the first card when it was all ECW originals. I respect them bringing it back a second time and putting some WWE guys on the card, but kicking the show off with a 13 second match between Taz and King, and then having Randy Orton vs Kurt Angle be the actual show opener was a weird choice.

I think the end of the show and having RVD get the title with MITB was fucking fantastic though. Haven't watched the match itself in a long time, I was about 12 when it happened and haven't seen it since, but for some reason it was one of my favorite Cena memories and I recall it as a good match. Maybe I'll rewatch it tonight and see if it holds up. I saw Funk/Dreamer vs Edge/Foley recently and it was still as brutal as I remember.
>>
i mean it had black tiger vs pegasus kid for the last time so thats cool
>>
>>2544886
that match was the worst match on the card and I don't get it. Were they out of it? Were they limited by time? I dont know but they got the 2nd longest match on the card so you can't really honestly blame timing. It's a weird card but it didn't feel like either of them were into it and it stuck out in a show full of weapons as a match with 2 technical wrestlers that didn't feel like wrestling.
>>
>>2544886
the fans ruined it like always, chanting lita is a slut and whatnot
>>
go fuck cena! go fuck cena!
>>
>>2544882
Eddie was pissed off either at the crowd or the fact he was losing, maybe both. He just didn't want to perform.
>>
>>2544921
Yeah he seemed mad that night just in his facial expression, but on the other end of it i'd like to think he's enough of a professional to go out and do the job one way or the other. Especially in a reunion show like that. I doubt a non-wwe canon loss would bug him much but something was apparently bugging him that night. Either way though the match was weird and didnt represent either of the guys that were in it, or the event itself.
>>
>IF MY EYES ARE RED IT'S NOT BECAUSE I'M CRYING, IT'S BECAUSE I JUST SMOKED A JOINT IN THE BACK WITH ROB

Yeah it was weird
>>
>>2544886
Eddie/Benoit/Malenko matches have never been over with ECW fans.

>>2544882

>Being surprised Tanaka and Awesome put on motn
>>
>>2544882
>Doubting Mike Awesome

18+
>>
>>2544804
>the day wrestling died
>>
Is WWECW on the network? I want to watch the first few episodes again.
>>
>>2544804
Tommy Dreamer booked the first ONS if im not mistaken.
>>
>>2545094
not yet at this point
>>
>>2545098
No it was Paul. When it became known that they were thinking about doing it, RVD told Vince that it wouldn't be authentic without Paul. Also Shane was calling Paul and asking for advice about how to do it without Vince knowing.
>>
>>2544804

>ONS 07 had Cena/Khali as the main event

Holy fuck why?
>>
>>2545094
I think some of the late episodes are in full on WWE's YouTube.
>>
God no, the WCW/Anoki show in North Korea is the weirdest fucking thing ever
>>
>>2545178
How is that any weirder than ECW ONS1 other than location
n
>>
>>2545094
It was easily the best brand for it first 5-6 months. Pretty much until the december PPV
>>
>>2545180
>in North Korea
>biggest crowd to ever watch a wrestling show
Okay ECmark
>>
>>2545202
Ok
How is that weirder than ECW ONS1 other than location tho?
>>
>>2545202
>biggest crowd to ever watch a wrestling show

Easy when there's nothing else to do besides work, starve, and jerk off to glorious leader
>>
>>2545063
>Eddie/Benoit/Malenko matches have never been over with ECW fans.
18+
>>
It was a ECW show, wwe didn't held them back.
>>
>>2544896
eddie died like a month later, it probbaly because he was in alot of pain?
>>
>>2544804
The main event of was one of Cena's top 20 matches and RVD's best match
>>
>>2545449
>ppv in June
>Eddie died in November

A month later.
Jesus, why are /asp/ posters so retarded?
>>
>>2544804
And with all this it still is probably the only ppv that's good from start to finish
>>
>>2544921
>>2544927
Marks.

Eddie was transitioning into a heel. He was playing up to that.
>>
>>2544927
Eddie was mad at Benoit because he was tired of hiding their relationship. That's why the match had the best atmosphere of the night.
>>
>>2545415

t. Never actually watched any of them
>>
>>2545454
That was 06, mate. 05's main event was the Dudleys vs Dreamer and Sandman.
>>
>>2544850
If you liked that match, watch the ones from Heatwave 98 or November to Remember 99, they're even better.
>>
>>2545063
You never watched ECW, did you?
>>
>>2545651
>people only enjoy matcthes when they're chanting like retards the entire time
>>
>>2545824
The state of modern wrestling fans
>>
>>2545472
Eddie didn't think he should job. He was in a hot feud with Rey, while Benoit had just been moved from Raw to SD and wasn't in a feud.
>>
>you will never see heyman be forced to choose between brock lesnar and one of his ECW boys and turn on brock by hitting him with a chair
>>
>taz coming out to his old music

Worth the price of the ppv
>>
>>2545449
its not like heart attacks start hurting a month before they hit
>>
>>2545472
the ppv was non canon
>>
>>2546672
Didn't work like that, champ. If you had heat, you did everything you could to keep your heat.
>>
>>2544896

Eddie was dying. Literally.

You can see Benoit being upset with him during the match, because Eddie can't keep up with him anymore.
>>
File: 1492111415925.gif (229KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
1492111415925.gif
229KB, 500x302px
>>2545130
The answer is quite simple:

Vincent. Kennedy. McMahon.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.