[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember that time a 47 year old non wrestler wrestled for 20

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Shane3.jpg (421KB, 1200x1200px)
Shane3.jpg
421KB, 1200x1200px
Remember that time a 47 year old non wrestler wrestled for 20 minutes in the hot Orlando sun and then busted out a perfect Shooting Star Press?
>>
He missed so it's not perfect
>>
>>2536196
He wasn't trying to hit, so it was perfect for what he was trying to do.
>>
>>2536185
Remember when he didn't have to tour, do house shows, do weekly tapings, has a private plane and the best medical care available and can wrestle in a shirt with padding underneath and he still was gassed within the opening minutes
>>
File: 1476384453779.jpg (118KB, 603x675px) Image search: [Google]
1476384453779.jpg
118KB, 603x675px
>>2536185
BASED
>>
I was listening to Jeff Hardy on Colt Cabana's podcast this morning. He talked about how hard the SSP was and how early on in his career he had to stop doing it.
>>
I love how 90% of this board was up in arms about aj having to wrestle a "50 year old yardtard" and then they went and had the match of the night.
>>
>>2536185
This isn't even the right pic of shane
>>
>>2536325
Considering his past matches no one expected him to actually put up a strong match
>>
>>2536325
I mean given what the match for the WWE Championship wound up being, I'm gonna go ahead and say AJ absolutely shouldn't been wrestling for the championship in a main match rather than what we got. I always knew AJ/Shane would be a fun spotfest because AJ can get a good match out of almost anyone and Shane is the patron saint of spot monkeys.

Having said that, yes, you're right, it was still better than I expected and how good the match was did take some of the sting out of AJ not having a bigger match.
>>
>>2536325
MotN was either the Raw women's match before Nia was eliminated or Goldberg v. Lesnar
>>
>>2536338
>AJ absolutely shouldn't been
"absolutely should've been" rather.
>>
>>2536334
I've enjoyed most of his matches. That's probably due to me not expecting him to be Kurt Angle though.
>>
>>2536338
>Shane is the patron saint of spot monkeys.

please
>>
>>2536340
I do agree with this. Randy and bray was a huge shit show. Randy really needs to take a break and come back when he cares again.
>>
>>2536348
Thing is, I think he did care and then Brock elbowed all the care right the fuck outta him
>>
>>2536360
this championship run is payment for whatever the fuck that elbow stunt was.

I was a huge fan of it, top ten moment, but it was definitely just meaningless gore.
>>
>>2536325
>aj carriers someone to a really good match

Who would have guessed that?
>>
>>2536368
Yeah. They just wanted to do something shoot-esque and get people talking and Randy wound up concussed because of it.

And like, the scummy thing about it was, Randy got a concussion, but they couldn't say that, so when Randy couldn't wrestle at the next PPV, they did an angle where Bray slammed his ankle in a door.

Even then, though, Randy and Bray's storyline had some great twists and turns and seeing Bray go over at Survivor Series and Elimination Chamber was cool as fuck, but it feels like they hit their best note with Randy burning down the shack, then everything after that was nonsense and the match was just garbage.
>>
>>2536397
Bray is garbage and Randy is even worse, putting these guys together was such a huge mistake, and it basically happened because they wanted to give Cena one quickie title run to tie Flair, so they can tease out a couple more title matches for Cena before he breaks the ''record''...fucking mess.
>>
>>2536393
Not /asp/.
>>
>>2536393
AJ carries everyone to a good match but the other guy still has to perform and Shane did better than expected. I respect the hell out of Shane for doing the crazy shit he does when he obviously doesn't do it for the money. AJ vs Shane was vertebral basically anything aj could have done outside of wrestling for the title or have ok having Romans spot vs taker.
>>
I look at Shane and think about what a disappointment I am to my father, meanwhile Shane has a lunatic carny for a dad, and will risk his freaking life STILL at 47 years old, with absolutely no need for money, just to earn his fathers respect.
>>
>>2536425
Like Father like son.
>>
>>2536185
hgh is truly the fountain of youth. The minute I hit 35 on my birthday I am getting on TRT and HGH and leaving humanity behind
>>
>>2536664
Based
>>
>>2536185
Remember how underage obese smarks said AJ deserved better?
>>
>>2536417
yeah but has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>2536262
Jeff always moved awkwardly like his Jimmy legged brother. He was never athletic like AJ who can move smoothly.

Jeff even kept botching the 450 splash when he was younger and had to stop before giving himself a concussion.

I do think he moves in a unique way though
>>
>>2536814
He still did though. The only reason this was one of the best matches on the card is that most of the other matches were so shit.
>>
>>2536814
I admit that I was wrong, and that for the first time ever Shane turned in an actual, honest-to-God wrestling match, rather than the usual "halfass and look terrible until it's time to hit a spot".
I still insist I was right in bitching about the match beforehand though, the odds of Shane submitting his best match ever at 47 coming off a decade away was astronomically low.
>>
>>2536814
They had a good match but that doesn't invalidate saying he deserves to be in the main event. If he has as good of a 2nd year as he did his first he should get a 30 minute title match instead of being the curtain jerker.
>>
>>2536325
We love it too. Now kys.
>>
Can you really say he's a not a wrestler? He's out of shape and doesn't do it very often but the same can be said for a lot of guys.
>>
File: yaranaika.png (50KB, 386x387px)
yaranaika.png
50KB, 386x387px
>mfw I don't need money anymore
>mfw they can just pay me in sneakers
gimme dose sneakers
>>
>>2537408

You were still right to bitch about the match being made in the first place. The entire build up was hogshit.

AJ Styles, arguably the best wrestler in the world, had to spend a month acting afraid of a 50 year old accountant. Fucking terrible.

The fact that, in a vacuum, the match was pretty good does nothing to change the fact that the whole angle was terrible.
>>
File: Boss vs Leader.png (908KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Boss vs Leader.png
908KB, 900x900px
Haitch and Seth had a believable story, but all the pretense went out the window with that stupid bike entrance
Shane and AJ had a barebone story, but the match was phenomenal

Pic related, I guess
>>
>>2536185

Shane's offense and strikes weren't even that bad in this match, most of it looked pretty decent.
Better than Dean's.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.