[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realise that you don't like fatties or manlets?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: 1469802458144.png (17KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1469802458144.png
17KB, 658x662px
When did you realise that you don't like fatties or manlets?

I have to admit I can't take guys like Bray or Oreowens seriously, they don't seem like big guy threats but just like fat fucks from the crowd.

I don't like 205 live either, manlets have to have some sort of charisma about them or else they're terrible. I do like Aries though.

However I tend to not like super big guys either like Big Show, Henry or Kane from the last 10 years. Braun seems pretty based though.

t. smark anti smark
>>
File: 51VwS4bG5KL.jpg (49KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
51VwS4bG5KL.jpg
49KB, 500x498px
Doesn't matter if you're good enough
>>
>>2533542
He's good enough and entertaining enough to forget he is a manlet though.
>>
>>2533544
That's my point.
>>
about a year ago, when haitch decided to infest wwe with his indy garbage
>>
File: 1482155803703.jpg (118KB, 603x675px) Image search: [Google]
1482155803703.jpg
118KB, 603x675px
>>2533545
Yeah ok.

If someone is approaching "the look" though I can give them more leeway if they aren't as good on the mic or aren't as good in the ring.

t. Vince
>>
they're okay for midcarders but main events feel lackluster when it isn't 2 big powerhouses colliding for a "heavyweight" title
>>
I honestly can't take the undercard guys who weigh about 110 lbs seriously, they look like even I could beat them up. Someone like Rey was different because I could buy his hit and run strategy.

Owens just sucks anyway but I hate his look too. It's like some neckbeard from the crowd jumped over the barricade. I kinda like the really huge guys like John Tenta or Yokozuna who would just squash people though.
>>
>>2533553
I think that's fair and applies to everyone. Height and looks are something to consider.
>>
File: uggo.png (475KB, 790x410px) Image search: [Google]
uggo.png
475KB, 790x410px
>>2533539
When pic related showed up
>>
Fatties are good if they're flabby and tall, like Big Damo in that Andre battle royale.

It's a ready made heel gimmick to present a guy as born tall and just fat and difficult to put down - he's lazy and overeats and is smug about how little guys who train hard still cannot beat him. That was sort of the basis for most big guy fatty heels back in the day, and it is very convincing.

Manlets are there to be jobbers or luchadors. A very few of them like HBK or AJ are so supremely talented its believable they can kick it with the big guys, and others who have a "hard as nails scrapper" gimmick like Roddy Piper are meant to be underdogs. But having dwarfs and lanklets fighting is just embarrassing to watch.
>>
File: 1467953230969.png (569KB, 361x700px) Image search: [Google]
1467953230969.png
569KB, 361x700px
>>2533556
Although it makes it more impressive when smaller guys are legitimately good though. I'm a big Styles and Bryan fan. Styles is definitely my #1 guy right now.
>>
>>2533558
Even Piper was originally brought in the WWF as a manager but he actually had charisma unlike most guys today.
>>
>>2533566
Yup. Plus in America, Scots or Irish is short hand for "bare knuckle fighter with fists like titanium", so the national stereotype made it seem more plausible too.
>>
File: bray.gif (3MB, 194x190px) Image search: [Google]
bray.gif
3MB, 194x190px
>>2533539
I don't consider Bray and Oreowens to be the same physique. Bray is legitimately over 6 feet tall and he's builtfat, not fat. He has big arms and a big chest. Oreowens is just fat, his belly is way bigger than the rest of his body and he's a manlet. Bray is a scary looking motherfucker in my opinion, if I saw him in a dark alley I would legitimately shit my pants, he is intimidating and has an aura of badass around him. Oreowens is just kind of a fat neckbeard looking guy, he doesn't intimidate me.

So while I kind of agree that Oreowens is harder to take seriously, I definitely disagree on Bray. I think Bray's look is fine, his only real problem is that his wrestling ability is average at best.
>>
>>2533581
Good point tbqh

I definitely dislike Oreowens more, Bray's dogshit booking probably affects my judgement of him also.
>>
Owens is just a fattie, most other fatties look like they have a shit ton of muscle put on too.
>>
Probably dislike Sami Zayn the most out of anyone right now though, I can't stand his gimmick, look or fucking anything.
>>
>>2533583
>Bray's dogshit booking probably affects my judgement of him also
Definitely, he's become the new Dolph Ziggler. Impossible to take him seriously because he builds every feud by bragging and calling himself great and then he gets buried. There's no reason to believe him when he calls himself a god or whatever since he's lost pretty much every single feud he's ever been in.
>>
>>2533566
He debuted as manager because he was injured at the time tho.
>>
>>2533581
I don't completely disagree, but I don't think Owen is "just a fat guy" the likes of which you see attending NXT and indie shows, he has big shoulders and you have to be pretty strong to swing John Cena around. But yeah he's short and his belly is stupid.
>>
wasn't pre 1980s wrestling all just big chubby dudes?
>>
File: img_0349.jpg (171KB, 1061x1025px) Image search: [Google]
img_0349.jpg
171KB, 1061x1025px
>>2533539
Bray is actually a stocky beast, Owens is just a fat fuck.
>>
>>2533662
I conceded that earlier in the thread, stocky built guys are passable.

I will never like Oreowens though
>>
>>2533667
Yeah I see that now. I just cringe when I see Owens in his spanx trying to hold in his gut.
>>
>>2533662
It's about how believable it is for the fans. I totally buy that Bray could beat the fuck out of me. I'd fancy my chances against KO though. I'd probably be wrong and still lose but for a professional wrestler I shouldn't even think that.
>>
>>2533555
honestly owens kinda just has a bad look in general, i think even if he dropped weight he'd still look out of place like you said.
>>
>>2533539
They're not bad, but they have to have something unique about them. Most of the time they just throw in these bland physically unattractive people, and then wonder why no one likes them.

A manlet can have a unique style of super aggressive attacking, like Manny Pacquio had. He can also as >>2533555 said be known for hit and run. Shorter people need to make up for their lack of physique with a more entertaining style of fighting. Good talking skills and charisma goes a long way for these people.

Fat guys can just be booked as guys that are tough to take down, even if they're not that strong. Notice how big-show has a yearly build-up before the Royal Rumble, but Kain rarely has any reason to do something interesting. For someone like Bray I'd recommend doing a submission oriented gimmick. It would really fit his le spooky undercarder character, and would allow for filler between spots, so he could do more interesting things in a match.

Overweight manlets are worthless, however. At best they might be able to work out some kind of hook, but ultimately they just won't have the physical abilities necessary to carry their lack of physical intimidation.
>>
Never, because I'm not a memeposter
>>
The moment I started watching again and saw three people, Cryan, Wyetty, and and Batista the Great. And the crowd cheering the two wrong guys and booing the best one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.