[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a "guy bends down in front of the guy running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

File: 1467853547055.png (82KB, 249x239px) Image search: [Google]
1467853547055.png
82KB, 249x239px
>it's a "guy bends down in front of the guy running towards him and gets kicked in the face" spot
>>
>wrestler has a move that involves coming off the ropes
>opponent Irish whips him
>>
>RKO from aerial move
>>
>it's a "the face tries to interfere but distracts the ref so the heels double team his partner spot"
>>
File: IMG_2907.png (93KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2907.png
93KB, 250x237px
>signature move on top the announcers' table
>>
>it's a "guy bends down in front of the guy running towards him and gets uppercutted in the face by Goldust" spot
>>
>It's a suicide dive into an advert break spot
>>
>It's the camera zooming on the wrestler's face and suddenly and opponent appears on his back
>>
>it's a finisher reversal spamfest
>>
File: 1490997589931.png (3MB, 2474x1854px) Image search: [Google]
1490997589931.png
3MB, 2474x1854px
I will always love that spot. It's a rasslin tradition.
>>
>it's a "street fight" but they're both wearing their ring gear
>>
>it's a wrestler botches a move so now both guys stand around doing nothing and looking absolutely idiotic episode
>>
File: 1490995299124.jpg (86KB, 377x465px) Image search: [Google]
1490995299124.jpg
86KB, 377x465px
>>2531561
Basic tag team psychology to build up the hot tag you numbnuts.
>>
>>2531609
it makes the faces look dumb as fuck though
>>
File: 1491602905434.gif (3MB, 284x211px) Image search: [Google]
1491602905434.gif
3MB, 284x211px
>>2531603
This bugs me. They're pros, they should be able to improvise on the spot.
>>
>>2531621
It's done more to work the marks, don't look too deep into it.
>>
>this irish whip to the corner has more force behind it because I fell down afterwards
>whiffing a dropkick and taking a simple flat backed bump is complete death
>>
>>2531536
>it's a ''people pretend asgooka is good'' episode
>>
>>2531636
i guess but i've always been a heel fan because babyfaces have a habit being made to look dumb
>>
>wrestler #1 gently bump ref
>wrestler #1 tries to wake up him up
>wrestler #2 lowblow/chair/finisher
>ref suddenly wake up
>123
>>
>it's a "heel champion doesn't utilize the no title change on DQ rule" episode
>>
File: pence.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
pence.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>it's the same "hot tag and the other team turns into clotheslines" spot from every tag match in the last thirty years
>>
>>2531662
>it's a no DQ match
>they don't immediately start kicking each other in the dick and going for chairs
>>
>>2531601
>street fight

>they aren't fighting in the street
>>
>It's a Rey Mysterio match where his opponent just happens to fall just right between the top and middle rope
>>
>It's a contract signing in the ring and the table ends up getting flipped over episode.
>>
>it's a "commentators can't decide if the guy threw and elbow or a forearm" episode
>>
File: 1491059934234.jpg (17KB, 564x545px) Image search: [Google]
1491059934234.jpg
17KB, 564x545px
>it's a "Wrestler is distracted by his rival's music and is then rolled up and loses" episode
>>
>>2531739
Is there a bigger burial than jobbing to entrance music? How am I supposed to take them seriously?
>>
>>2531680

Oh, God......there were so many fucking times that we had to watch Rey's opponent try to find a natural-looking way to fall on that middle rope, yet most of the time it looked awkward and clearly intentional

That one Raw/Smackdown brawl that started with the Eddie Guerrero/Triple H match, was a perfect example. Shawn Michaels literally tossed himself onto the middle rope to set up for the 619.......cringe
>>
>>2531659
>he doesn't know ref was actually stalling for the heel
>>
>>2531747

submissions where guys tap out
>>
>>2531676
>Street fight.
>They aren't fighting the street itself.
>>
>one wrestler is in the corner
>second one wants to irish whip him to the opposite corner
>gets close to him, almost giving him a hug
>irish whip
>wrestler who gets irish whipped counters his opponent's running move
>>
>It's a you can clearly see the guy slap his thigh episode
>>
>wrestler 1 sets up a chair between turnbuckles
>tries to irish whip/throw wrestler 2 into it
>gets reversed and goes face first through the chair he set up

Same goes for tables
>>
>>2531576
>It's a "Cody can only get pops on the indies by stealing his brother and father's spots or ironically doing some Stardust thing" spot
>>
>Wrestler starts taunting before a big move
>The move either doesn't hit or it gets reversed
>>
>>2531588
Fuck this spot.
>>
>>2531588
>>2532109
>Watching WWE live
>>
>face pin the heel for 6 seconf
>ref is distracted and does not see it
>no one gives a shit
why?why don't you just watch replay or something?
>>
>>2532156
for this one they've said several times that there's no replays for referee decisions in WWE like in NFL
>>
>>2532045
>Street fight
>Not a single hadouken
>>
>heel insults local sports team
>>
>>2531609
Basic being the key word. So basic.
>>
File: turtle dance.gif (1MB, 262x323px) Image search: [Google]
turtle dance.gif
1MB, 262x323px
>Wrestler irish whips the opponent
>runs and bounces off the ropes faster than his opponent and hits a move
>>
>>2532349
>heel insults america
Come on guys it isn't 1990 anymore. It's bullshit heat that appeals to the most surface-level american patriotism while ignoring any nuance to the storyline
>>
>>2531665
>Naomi gave the best hot tag ring clean I've seen in WWE in years on a throwaway tag match on smackdown

She was throwing kicks and hip attacks and all sorts, people could stand to try doing something other than just clotheslines, hell Big E does belly to bellies at least
>>
bumpoerino
>>
>>2532441
What smackdown was that?
>>
>wrestler has to kick his opponent in the gut so they're doubled over for twenty seconds until he hits his move
Booker's axe kick, Stone Cold Stunner, even fucking DDTs. At least do the Flair chop-block to the knee or something. Or in the case of Foley, kick them in the shins. Hell, I'd mark out if Curtis Axel did Sweet Shin Music to set them up for the Perfect (Daddy Com)plex.
>>
>>2532349
I love when they do this
>>
>>2532349
>>2532415
i like both of these. Maybe its just the sports fan in me. I thought owens promo on smackdown was great
>>
File: 1470547692067.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470547692067.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
>>2531680
I die a little inside every time I see a 619.
>>
>>2531626

It's probably a combination of over-scripting and over-thinking. The match is scripted to the point they're lost when something goes wrong, and they over-think it instead of just throwing some punches or stomps to keep the action up and get back on track.
>>
>>2531609

Maybe if they didn't do it ALL THE GODDAMN TIME.

Just once, it'd be neat if the ref wasn't the fucking dumbest person on earth and caught the heel trying to sneak a quick double team and sent him back to his corner or some shit.

Mix it up just a fucking little and it won't seem so goddamn boring.
>>
>it's a deanetty is sent stumbling back into the ropes and the opponent turns away after he already sees deanetty grabbing the ropes so he can turn around to eat the clothesline episode
>>
>wrestler 1 has a top rope diving finisher
>wrestler 2 gets knocked down
>wrestler 2 rolls until he's perfectly perpendicular to the turnbuckle

just jump at an angle for fuck's sake
>>
File: IMG_1955.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1955.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>it's a Roman kicks out of every finisher ever match
>>
>mixed tag team match
>even the biggest fucking heel will never lay a hand on a female competitor

you may as well just book two singles matches simultaneously
>>
>>2533366
>tfw James Ellsworth is the most despicable heel in the WWE
>>
File: 1488245374439.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1488245374439.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>submission on the steel ramp or on top of announcing table is more painful
>>
>>2533366
To be fair to them, a lot of it is due to the whole "hit a woman and get disqualified" crap. Hell, half the time, archived footage will freeze about a second from a chair impact, or even just having a male irish-whipped into a woman in the turnbuckles, before resuming the action. This was stupidly jarring during that match with Madussa and some beaner. Everytime she hit him, it was fine. Anytime he got in the teeniest bit of offense, audio would continue, but the camera would mysteriously lock up for a couple of seconds.
>>
>>2532189
>ref restarted Miz vs Orton at TLC 2010 because the ref saw the video replay
>>
>>2533377
That does have some believability, depending on the move used. The ring is (relatively) flat. The ramp has(had?) those criss-crossing steel bits to prevent slipping. Likewise, the announcer's desk has holes, monitors, other pointy shit to dig into the victim's body. Obviously, shit like the abdominal stretch, sleeper(unless you have them face down), Paige's whatever she took from Bull Nakano should not be doing extra damage unless you're using like a ring post for added leverage. But Walls of Jericho, Scorpion Sharpshooter, any Crab, Stretch Muffler, Crippler Crossface, or in essence, anything where your ribs or face are being ground into the floor should logically hurt more on those surfaces.
>>
>>2533382
>>2532189
>referee was preventing outside interference from the ramp when masked tag-team/twins switched
He could literally have looked at the fuckhuge screen behind the run-in to detect the switch. Only a couple times did they actually notice the switch and force them to change back.
>>
>>2533379
>our women's division is full of elite badass fighters who train every day to be the best
>but they're also precious and delicate objects no real man would ever touch
It's shit like this that makes me cringe whenever they talk about equal opportunities and "women's revolution"
>>
File: 1457961844000.jpg (19KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1457961844000.jpg
19KB, 400x388px
>It's a "guy wins by having the ref open the cage door and walking out" match.
>It's a "elimination match where people break up pins against people who aren't even affiliated with them" match
>It's a "ropebreak when there's noDQ" match
>>
File: 1484188367159.gif (2MB, 255x191px) Image search: [Google]
1484188367159.gif
2MB, 255x191px
>3-way-or-more tag team match
>only 2 competitors in the ring
>they can just tag anyone in
>>
>>2533181

The stunner is fine in this regard because it's a fast transition and makes sense.No one would stand upright after a gut kick like that.
>>
>>2533406
>It's a "guy wins by having the ref open the cage door and walking out" match.
Works very well if you're a "gentleman brawler" or other "classy" type. Still better than JBL beating Big Show by crawling out after being chokslammed through the mat. At least have his legs completely out from the apron before you ring the fucking bell.
>It's a "elimination match where people break up pins against people who aren't even affiliated with them" match
This one is stupid. Everyone could stand to learn from the time Team Xtreme was 3v1 on Beeg. Hit all your finishers, then dogpile the most dangerous fucker in the ring.
>It's a "ropebreak when there's noDQ" match
This one could stand to learn from Austin Aries in last month's fatal 5 way. Go to the ropes, then use them for leverage or as a weapon.
>>
>falls count anywhere match
>ends in the ring
>>
>>2533426
Maybe. I'd say in order of believability,

DDT > twist of fate without posing/rocker dropper > pedigree/powerbomb/piledriver > stunner/cutter > twist of fate with posing > unprettier(if done faster, would be higher) > rope-bounce shit
Basically, if you have to turn your back to the opponent after the kick, or anything else that eats up time, it starts to lose value in my eyes.
>>
>>2533451
>>2533426
OK, I went to refresh my memory and you're right. It's a lot quicker than I remembered it being. Prop it above the rocker dropper in speed then.
>>
File: 1489218108969.gif (913KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1489218108969.gif
913KB, 500x375px
>distracted roll up pin finish
>>
>>2533360
>Roman kicks out of a finisher then spears for the win!
>>
>3 on 3 match, face runs into corner, takes out one guy on the apron then takes out the other guy as though the second guy didn't expect anything was coming
Tag team wrestling is pretty terrible when you think about it.
>>
>>2535259
Maybe everybody's reactions are slowed. Personally, I'd book the faces to fall for this tactic more often(they legitimately trust the other guys on their team to watch out for each other), and the heels less so(villains typically turn on each other once it's no longer beneficial to stick together, so they're more wary). Antivillains and face-in-name like Orton would behave more like their opposite.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.