[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are chair shots to the head really that dangerous or are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maven.webm (2MB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
maven.webm
2MB, 450x338px
Are chair shots to the head really that dangerous or are WWE being too cautious?
>>
Let's say you worked raw, smackdown, and the live show circuit and had to do a chair to the head spot. That's 4 head shots per week.
>>
>>2529427
>taking 4 chairshots to the head a week
>taking chairshots to the head on house shows

Anybody who agrees to that doesn't need to worry about brain damage.
>>
>>2529447
You get fired if you don't agree to WWE's shitty unsafe working all year round.
>>
>>2529427
Then just make them a rare event
>>
It's more about making sure there's no video to play while CNN reports on a class action concussion lawsuit against WWE in a few years

They let Jeff Hardy do a swanton off an 18 foot ladder at age 39, it's not because they care about 'safety' in the abstract, just covering their asses on concussions
>>
File: ?format=500w.gif (3MB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
?format=500w.gif
3MB, 350x260px
>>2529416
They can be dangerous but It just depends who you're working with.
>>
>>2529416
I imagine if it's not full force, and it's a rare event then it's okay. If Undertaker is going to take a sludgehammer to the head, and Shane is going to jump 3 stories onto a table, then it's not the worst thing you could do.

Although I think they'd be better off finding some swole actors and training them to be wrestlers, with extra safety in mind. They way WWE leeches off of other promotions is fine in theory, but when the only people who get known in indies are 5'2" gymnasts wearing edgy clothing, you're not going to get very far. And being trained in that kind of environment makes you put getting attention ahead of safety. So you end up with unsafe people who quickly diminish in quality the more there are on the roster, and end up getting injuries regularly.

It's more of trying to put a band-aid on the whole Benoit thing. Everyone knows that one or two chair shots would be fine at the Big 4 PPVs, but in terms of PR it's not really worth it.
>>
>>2529475
They're probably gonna keep Finn out a while just because of this.
>>
>>2529682
Bah gawd I forgot how brutal Rocky beat him
>>
>>2529844
Rocky channeling his inner Samoan and turning into hardcore Haku
>>
>>2529856
Fucking based rocky
>>
>>2529880
And screaming wife and kids.
>>
>>2529416
WWE really needs to start investing in ways to make wrestling cool again. Fake, but realistic, chairs so headshots come back. Blood packages so we can get some blood occasionally. Shit like that really just elevates the spectacle.
>>
>>2529909
Basically came here to post this. It's not like inventing a gimmicked folding chair is somehow beyond the realm of practicality. I remember being a serious fan back in the attitude era and trying to explain blading to kids who were convinced it was all fake blood. Because really, what logical sense does it make otherwise? If it doesn't detract from the show, there's no sense in wrestlers legitimately fucking each other up doing stuff that casual fans all assume is a work anyway.
>>
>>2529978
I'm no expert, but couldn't you just make the chairs aluminium or something? Would getting smashed over the head with an aluminium chair really be that dangerous?
>>
>>2529993

You could make them out of foam but the strength of the wrestlers is such that it is still the equivalent of being hit b a rhino charge at 300mph, I don't even want to calculate the damage the best pure striker in the WWE Booger Red, could do (Diamond headed sledgehammer shot out of a mega howitzer)
>>
>>2529993
Why don't you try it out and tell us how it works out anon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.