[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cam someone give me a basic gestalt on this Broken gimmick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Cam someone give me a basic gestalt on this Broken gimmick?

I haven't been paying attention.
>>
It doesn't matter.
>>
what's a gestalt?
>>
File: 1c2.jpg (32KB, 559x476px) Image search: [Google]
1c2.jpg
32KB, 559x476px
>>2523108
>>
>>2523114
A rundown.
>>
I think like, he had a mental breakdown or something and now he says things in a really funny way?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>2523108
From what I understand:
>Normal Matt vs Normal Jeff feud in TNA
>Matt gets kayfabe injured
>Comes back "broken", with a diferrent accent and prespective of life
>sets to DELETE everyone, until he eventually deletes Brother Nero, a.k.a Jeff Hardy
>Once Jeff eventually becomes broken, they become the most entertaining thing in TNA and in pro wrestling as a whole, they are hilarious and crazy yet they keep you hooked
I suggest you go watch "The Final Deletion" or the final part of "Total Nonstop Deletion" to get a grip of how over the top yet amazing he is
Now Anthem, which own TNA, have a lawsuit on Matt, claiming the right to the gimmick, hopefully he gets to keep it and WWE turn it into a thing
>>
>>2523108 He hit his head and believes he's from the year 3000
>>
>>2523164
I see. Thanks.
>>
>>2523173

Is his great, great, great-granddaughter pretty fine?
>>
>>2523199

Let's be honest: the whole reason the gimmick blew up, can be summed up in one phrase:"so bad that it's good"

Broken Matt wasn't a thing beyond TNA until the video of Matt and Jeff's contract signing went viral. Many non-wrestling fans as well as wrestling fans who didn't watch TNA, saw the segment and believed that Matt was trying to do a legitimate promo but was just an absolutely terrible actor with a ridiculous gimmick and a weird overly-theatrical accent. The whole segment was bizarre to people who didn't get that it was intentionally bad, and people ended up loving the gimmick like how the movie The Room gained a cult following for being one of the worst movies ever
>>
>>2523124

Who told you that? Gestalt is not a synonym of precis or summary.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.