[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Underrated commentary duo. I couldn't imagine that era

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Underrated commentary duo.

I couldn't imagine that era of Smackdown being as great without these two and their great chemistry. It makes me miss the days of when Michael Cole was likable...
>>
This thread is about to be filled with faggots who will refuse to give Cole his props when it's due, and who probably never even heard his decent play-by-play back in those days so they stick with the "Cole has always been shit" meme

Heyman took the most unlikely, inexperienced commentary duo ever and made them sound like a million bucks together

Anytime I wanna prove to anybody that Cole used to call the moves and actually have passion in his voice, I post Rock vs. Brock from Summerslam 2002 because Heyman was the one who actually stood up to Vince to have them call that match, instead of JR and Lawler. Plus it shows that Cole and Tazz weren't all just post-production commentary like some people like to pretend that they were. Heyman had faith in his boys, and for good reason.....he taught them well

Too bad Vince undid all his work in Cole when Cole was brought to Raw.....
>>
According to Taz the WWE offered him an announcer job on Raw but he declined since he had shit health and doesn't want the travel anymore.
>>
They really were. Cole has had all the enthusiasm beaten out of over the years.
>>
I fucking miss Taz
>>
>>2522159
Cole has never been more than average
>>
WELP
HERE
COMES
THE
PAIN
>>
>>2522159
>>2522191

Cole and Taz were a great duo and Cole is actually a great commentator in his own right but has unfortunately been severely handicapped by VKM's micromanagement of the announcers.
>>
>>2522191
this
>>
I liked it when Stone Cold was bullying them.
>>
>>2522191
Cole was shit in 1998.

You mentioned the Heyman post-production already so thanks for saving me the trouble.
>>
Reminder that Michael Cole is the REAL, forgotten reason why Daniel Bryan got so over. His constant sniping and undermining of Bryan as a legitimate champion helped sway the audience over to Daniel's side just to spite the heel announcer. Bobby Heenan-esque heel tactics.
>>
>>2522287
Crowds don't hear the announcers dummy.

>>2522244
>Cole is actually a great commentator in his own right

Imagine being enough of a /wwe/ babby to think this of WWE's Schiavone.
>>
>>2522294
>using comparison to Schiavone as a negative connotation

18+
>>
>>2522304
How about Don West?
>>
>>2522304
>he thinks Schiavone was good

He wasn't.

-t. actually watched Nitro in the 90s
>>
>>2522191
>Cole was shit in 1998
>somebody was shit at doing something that they just started doing for the very first time

The fuck kind of argument is this?

His first year doing commentary is the only year where he actually had a legit excuse for sucking at it
>>
>>2522314
Naw, he was good, only starting getting shit when WCW was shit and he couldn't be bothered anymore.
>>
Cole and Tazz in 2003 were honestly better than JR and King in that same year, mainly because Lawler started phoning it in around that period
>>
>>2522191
Cole still has his moments, remember that beast in the east network special which was basically a live house show. No Vince in his ear, Cole was great doing PBP.
>>
>>2522159
Their commentary for Lesnar vs Angle WM XIX is GOAT tier.

>calling it like a big fight
>mentioning angle dropping his weight and the strategy behind that
>putting over the psychology behind literally every move
>>
>>2522159
I have never understood why a lot of people dislike Taz. To me he's the best color commentator of the 2000s.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.