[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did professional wrestling become about fucking gymnastics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: WWE-205_Live_2016_zpssdzo2xgc.jpg (177KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
WWE-205_Live_2016_zpssdzo2xgc.jpg
177KB, 650x366px
When did professional wrestling become about fucking gymnastics? When did the art of it being a fucking real fight then into who could do the coolest fucking gymnastic moves? Since when does that equal being fucking tough?

I feel like guys today, 1: they don't fucking work out. They don't look the fucking part and they think that they can fucking go do a bunch of twirly bird fucking dives and they're a good fucking wrestler. I got news for you, that doesn't make you a good fucking wrestler. And it doesn't make you fucking tough. Try that shit in a real fight any day and see how far that gets you.
>>
>pro wresting
>real fucking fight

Your childhood hero wasn't a legit shooter either OP. Sorry.
>>
I don't fucking know to fucking be honest with fucking you. Fucking
>>
>>2521569
its because of fucking video games and fucking movies where every fucking person now flips around and shit and is a master in martial arts
>>
205L is a lot of striking and grappling. There's flippyshit, sure. There's also more technical skill and ring psychology than on either main brand.
>>
>>2521574
90% of the work for wrestlers before the current dark age was trying to make it look real. They had to make it look real in some way (whether it was the wrestling, the drama or the characters) for people to care about it, otherwise it's just an insult to the intelligence which is why so many wrestling fans quit watching altogether.

The current generation in wrestling tramples on these values. There would be a much bigger outcry if most of the fans hadn't left long before it got this bad. Now these new fans who switch between WWE and MLP think it's a good thing.
>>
>>2521574
You put a guy like Lex Luger or Batista or Bret Hart up against a wimp like TJ Perkins or rich swann, I 100% guarantee you these vanilla midget gymnasts will be out cold within 5 seconds
>>
>>2521613
You put a guy like Rich Swann in their era and suddenly he's allowed to do steroids and cocain while spending more time in the gym due to not being on the road as much.
>>
>>2521619
Steroids are still allowed mark
>>
>>2521625
Jinder is natty
>>
Because wrestling fans these days only watch gifs and webms.
>>
>>2521569
When Lucha libre was invented

So basically forever.
>>
>>2521613
>Luger
>Batista
>shooters

kek.

>implying you wouldn't bitched about Hitman being "undersized" if you were alive in 1992

>>2521603
Ah, yes. Real. Back when Undertaker was a literal zombie and Shawn Michaels was pushed as a fighter.
>>
>>2521653
Yes, even that is an example. They put a lot more effort into making Undertaker look like a real zombie than wrestlers do now to convince people of much simpler/mundaner things.
>>
>>2521673
>a real zombie

There's literally no such thing you dumb mark.
>>
>>2521684
Now you're just bringing philosophy into it. He conformed to standard notions of zombiehood.
>>
>>2521603
John Cena is the biggest offender and he doesn't even do flippy shit. His matches are like watching choreographed dancing in a studio with the instructor shouting out the steps like Cena does every time he calls a move. It's a disgrace.
>>
WCW had a cruiserweight division in the 90s dumbass
>>
Alright, which of you assholes told Jim Cornette about 4chan?
>>
>>2521673
Are you oblivious to how cartoonish 80s Survivor Series was? You know that David Letterman sarcastically questioned Lawler and Kaufman about the legitimacy of wrestling on a late night talk show decade ago, right? Even in the 80s most grown adults knew it was fake and played along for the children and for their own fun. There certainly were a lot more true believers back then, but the majority of the crowds weren't literal retards.
>>
>>2521613
You put one of those guys in the ring against TJ Perkins or Rich Swann, I 100% guarantee you they would follow the agreed upon script of the match without deviating from it at all, do everything in their power to get the other guy over in the role he's supposed to be in and then they would get paid, because that's their job and they're professionals.
>>
>>2521700
>philosophy

That word doesn't mean what you think it does.
>>
I dunno whether you've noticed this but wrestling isn't about people actually fighting. If you wanted actual wrestling, with technical ability, psychology and storytelling, you certainly wouldn't watch WWE on a weekly basis because there's only about 5 members of the roster who can do any of that.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.