[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Hogan's leg down the only leg drop in wrestling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: hogan.jpg (66KB, 509x374px) Image search: [Google]
hogan.jpg
66KB, 509x374px
Why was Hogan's leg down the only leg drop in wrestling that would be major damage and end a match?

What was his secret? What did you know about the leg drop others didn't?
>>
Hogan couldn't wrestle and that was the closest he could come do delivering a proper move; and even that wasn't very good.
>>
Brother when you have 24 inches pythons for arms think of what your leg is going to do jack. It was a devastating move dude.
>>
Well we're supposed to assume whoever has the move as there finisher does it perfectly and does maximum damage. Sweet chin music is say a 10/10 superkick, while Dolphs is a 6/10. Also theatrics probably increase the moves power level.
>>
>>2503822
To be fair dolph's is a 6/10 at best
>>
>>2503391
wrestling is fake
>>
its funny because lou thesz shit on hogans leg drop even though it was awesome.

hogan fucked his hip and back up doing it tho. that was the secret
>>
>>2503396
Hogan could wrestle but couldn't and didn't need to. A lot of fellow wrestlers say he wanted to wrestle those longer technical matches but he got 100x the reaction from simple shit and his matches with AWA guys and his japanese matches prove this
>>
>>2503822
This.
>>
2 Cold Scorpio used a leg drop as his finish
>>
>>2503391
>yokozuna
>nia jax
>>
File: IiLfSUW.gif (2MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
IiLfSUW.gif
2MB, 240x135px
Based Big Hips Nia knows it too.
>>
>>2503391

Hogan's leathery hide makes his leg drop the equivalent of a lash from a yapapi strap, brother.
>>
>>2503925
I was one of many saying this was bullshit till I watched this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Mly1h4QsI

The big guy could actually do an enzuigiri and do puroresu.
>>
Look at that height, look at those 42 inch boas

When that came crashing down your throat it's as if the entire empire state building landed on you, crushing your tailpipe

Note that it was called the ATOMIC legdrop meaning that it exploded like a Nagasaki nuclear bomb

Why did you think wrestler stood there convulsing on the ground after taking that shit?
>>
>>2504432
cringe
>>
>>2504432
You tell em jack. That 42 inch boa came down on Andre the Giant's throat in front of 30 million screaming hulkamaniacs in the Pontiac silverdome at wrestlemania 3 brother.
>>
HE BEAT ANDRE THE GIANT WITH THAT MOVE
>>
>>2504432
Bah gawd how did he not kill people with that flawless technique. He has to be 6 feet in the air about to ruin that poor jobber.
>>
>>2503822
This. I like this explanation a lot. Hogan's legs were tree trunks compared to most rasslers.
>>
Back then you didn't need some flippy shit flashy finish

Leg drop got the job done brother jack
>>
>>2504454
I miss those days senpai. I would take a leg drop over that flippy shit any day especially if it was coming from goat hogan brotherjackdude
>>
>>2504359
Wheres the hogan technicality in that vid?
A cross armbreaker? Goldberg used to do a far better one
A hammerlock?
That basic enziguiri?

Show me some actual hogan technique or be quiet desu
>>
>>2504468
That shit don't matter, he was the master of the most important wrestling hold of all time: drawing dimes.
>>
>>2504468
Do you not see the picture? Why do a hurricanrana when you have THAT in your arsenal. Jesus Christ the power from that leg drop could kill an elephant.
>>
>>2504481
You're a good anon and those are pretty rare here. He drew dimes and had the most vicious leg drop mankind has ever seen.
>>
>>2504481
Im not denying that lad

Im responding to some meming faggot pushing the hogan could wrestle i japan meme
He was from AWA so i wouldnt be surprised that he could, but i want to see it proven
>>
>>2503391
The mere thought of catching that leg drop had brock lesnar fumbling his lines like a stooge just a few years back.
>>
>>2503391
I bought this way more then the People's Elbow.
>>
>>2504513
Hogan at least came without all the unbelievable theatrics. I could see Jim Cornette somewhere seething over Rocky exposing the business.
>>
>>2503400
>Brother when you have 24 inches pythons for arms think of what your leg is going to do jack. It was a devastating move dude.

go to bed Terry.
>>
>>2504554
I don't know what your talking about broth....I mean guy
>>
>>2503391
Because it's ATOMIC you child
>>
>>2503391
Because Hogan's a fossil from a time when wrestling was boring as fuck and no moves existed - so punching a dude and a leg drop could count as a finisher.
>>
>>2504655
That's what made the golden age great. It was believable that hogan could give you the big leg drop and end your whole night dude. Hurricanranas and shooting star presses expose the business brother.
>>
>>2503391
Based Hogan knew he was going to be a 60 year old pop so he needed a finisher that he could pull off when his body begins to die
>>
>>2504676
He truly is always a step ahead. I can't wait for his next title run jack.
>>
Hogan recently said he wished he used a less self-harmful move than the "ridiculous" legdrop.

Truly a perfectionist, looking at all the sacrifices he made and still trying to imagine an even better finisher than the atomic legdrop.
>>
>>2504670
BROTHER i still dont understand how anyone who'd ever been in a real fight at the time could respect hogan's leg drop. It's not like a german suplex where you have to know a guy who can hoist your body like that, literally anyone could drop their leg on you and then the illusion was gone.
>>
>>2504735
Except he took the leg up as high as Lesnar did at WM and higher than the manlets can do in ballet class after raw/SD. And it hurts.
>>
>>2503391

Say what you will, he's way the fuck up in the air in that pic. That's a serious vertical.
>>
>>2503391
Hogan had a steel plate in his thigh from when he broke his femur as a teenager.

Source: Meltzer
>>
>>2504359
What exactly was impressive about his performance, there?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.