[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Wrestlers who seemed to be the next big thing that get dropped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: WrestleMania-31-Rusev-Tank.jpg (176KB, 1000x559px) Image search: [Google]
WrestleMania-31-Rusev-Tank.jpg
176KB, 1000x559px
ITT: Wrestlers who seemed to be the next big thing that get dropped all of a sudden and ended up as midcarders at best
>>
>almost everybody who's feuded with Cena this decade
>>
>>2500872
Rusev never seemed to be the next big thing unless you're a retard who can't recognize basic patterns.
>>
>>2500872

Bray, lots of times.
>>
>>2500874
Fucking this
>>
>>2500941
hahaha good one anon
>>
MISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
>>
>>2500944
>literally the first person to cleanly win over Bryan since Hell No
>feuding with Cena for Wrestlemania while still in his rookie year
>>
>>2500899
yep, same goes for ryback, I knew since day one this guy was a forever midcard
>>
>>2500963
Im really torn about Bray. He is pretty fucking cool, his supernatural gimmick is something I kinda miss in WWE and the whole Wyatt theme is great. But he is just so utterly mediocre in the ring. I guess that might also be the reason he gets treated like that. He has what it takes to be a top heel in terms of gimmick and mic skills, but he has lots of work to do to back it up in the ring. He is barely better than Roman right now.
>>
Cucksev was never the guy and never had a long term future. Any monster heel can look good if they are protected and never lose, but wtf are you supposed to do with them once they are finally defeated by the hero BMJ?
>>
>>2500973
>But he is just so utterly mediocre in the ring.
>I guess that might also be the reason he gets treated like that.
>He is barely better than Roman right now.

You just torpedoed your own argument you dumbass.

Bray is great in-ring when he gets to actually have a match against somebody who isn't shit.
>>
File: HShysP0n_400x400.jpg (5KB, 171x171px) Image search: [Google]
HShysP0n_400x400.jpg
5KB, 171x171px
>>2500963
WHY did Cena go over in his match against Bray at WM? I legit don't get it. Cena winning gave him nothing, Bray winning would give him a lot of boost to his power level and maybe people would start taking him seriously.
>>
>>2500974
>Big Show has been around for over 18 years
>Kane will have a 20th anniversary in a few months
>>
>>2500978
>Bray is great in-ring when he gets to actually have a match against somebody who isn't shit.
Too bad he got thrown into the second worst match right after taker/roman at WM. It was a mess with that pointless shitty projector stuff at the ring and Orton not selling it at all.

>Bray got a power up through sister abigail, who he was shilling for years
>loses against Orton anyway

I would love to see what the fuck the creative team is smoking.
>>
>>2500872
I'm torn on this. On one hand, that feud effectively killed Rusev as a threat, on other hand, US open was some of Cena's best works
>>
>>2500982
Cena wins lol.

Undertaker has put over more guys clean at Wrestlemania than him.

>>2500992
>second worst MOTN

Notice how I said "when he actually gets to have a match".

Even you admitted the problems with the match were NOT him.
>>
>>2500982
He's not yet ready to be a star
t. John

but seriously though i still don't understand why won't they just go full on Wyatt Era or something I'm really confuse since what they gave him a live band at mania, hired billion kids to sing a song and other stuff. I think the only way to redeem him now is he makes Randy retire or something
>>
>>2500983
exactly, stuck in the midcard for most of that, nobody cares about them
>>
>>2501001
Because they don't WANT a Wyatt Era.

>>2500995
All Cena has to do is return some favours when Rusev inevitably wins the US Title again.
>>
>>2500996
>Cena wins lol

And yet people here will still praise him because he had some matches against midcarders with the US title. Some people are really quick to forget how he barely put anyone over clean in his life.
>>
>>2501001
Or go full attitude era and give him a power up and let him teleport and shoot lightning like Kane back in the days. Or do his "mind control" thing right and let him literally mindcontrol his opponents for a few seconds so he gets a win with it or some shit. Oh, and maybe dont split the wyatts every year so they look like a bunch of unorganized rednecks. At least this time Harper really got to shine thanks to this. I just hope they reunite soon.
>>
>>2501004
then what was the point of always having him cut a I'm a God and the new face of fear every week? what was the point of him getting to feud with top stars every year?
>>
>>2501013
Bray should start kidnapping random wrestlers and we'd see short videos of them in some bumfuck swamp shed tied to a chair with Bray doing some weird shit around them. Next SD they'd appear by his side, optionally helping him. This would continue until he took pretty much everyone from the SD roster and made it his own family.

and then Cena comes back and buries them in a 1 v 11 elimination tag match
>>
>>2501021
So he "looks good" when he does jobs.

>>2501003
You didn't say anything regarding them being over, you just asked if there were things he could do.

They've both been over at various points in their careers.
>>
>>2501013
>Or do his "mind control" thing right and let him literally mindcontrol his opponents for a few seconds so he gets a win with it or some shit.
When I think about it, it could be really fucking cool.

>use mindcontrol in tag team matches so opponents fight themselfes
>use mindcontrol over the span of a feud until he gets his opponent to join the wyatts for a while
>use mindcontrol as an asspull to avoid a finisher or to land one

there is so much shit possible with it. They are hinting his mind control abilitys often enough, maybe the should fucking do something with it outside of the wyatt family.
>>
>thread is about guys who could've been the next big thing
>suddenly turned into a Bray Wyatt thread
is he really that over?
>>
>>2501033

No, yet he almost was on a number of occasions, which is the point of this thread.

I'm not even a big fan of the whole Wyatt gimmick but he has to be the one wrestler whose momentum has gone from 100 to zero so many times in such a short period.
>>
>>2501029
Didn't he do something like this to Xavier until he suddenly wasn't?
>>
>>2500982
Because it was Wrestlemania.
The American babyface hero is always going to defeat the evil foreign heel at Mania, ESPECIALLY with the UNITED STATES Championship on the line. Cena winning was a given the moment they announced the match.

But I do agree Rusev should have won for the sake of elevating him and making a new star. But WWE doesn't do that anymore. Not company policy.
>>
>>2501080
>and making a new star. But WWE doesn't do that anymore. Not company policy.
Yeah, good idea, Im sure people will love future WWE shows that are all basically houseshows with tons of midcarders no one cares for.
>>
>>2501080
>Cena still got booed out
>>
Faces win feuds ya niggers
>>
>>2501113
>Bryan lost his feud with The Authority in 2013
>Bryan lost his feud with The Wyatt Family in 2014
>Bryan would've been losing an undercard match against Sheamus if fans didn't revolt
>>
>>2501130
>le underdog gimmick
>>
>>2501229
But you said babyfaces win feuds.
>>
>>2501130
>loses every feud
>win at life

GOAT OF GOATS
>>
>>2500996
>Undertaker has put over more guys clean at Wrestlemania than him.

Cena lost to Orton and Dwayne cleanly. If you're thinking about moving the goal posts and bringing up that it was a triple threat at 24, please don't.
>>
>>2501242
They do

Just not underdog ones
>>
>>2500973
>was red hot when he teamed with Roman
>even if other stables tried to interfere his own family would teleport in and even the odds
>got injured briefly
>lost his momentum

If they had the guts it would have been a clean sweep for Wyatt
>disappears after Wrestlemania
>gone for months save for cryptic promos
>other wrestlers getting beat down backstage or disappearing altogether (both brands)
>makes a big entrance at Summerslam
>basically brought together all the disenfranchised wrestlers together
>Ascenscion, Vaudevillian (just the one), Strowman, Bo Dallas, Elias Sampson, Baron Corbin, etc
>Bray and his main family ignore brand split and aid/attack wrestlers
>aids them in securing titles
>total shutout in the Survivor Series due to babyfaces getting beat down prior to matches
>total shutout in the Royal Rumble, family helps Bray secure #1 contender ship
>faces whoever at WM
>Corbin has IC title
>Ascencion has SD Tag titles
>Sampson has US title
>Sanity has Raw Tag titles
>Braun takes WWE Championship while Bray has Universal title
>Authority powerless
>that one female NXT wrestler shows up to take the Women's championship
>Reign of Fear begins
>>
File: Jimmy-Ocean.jpg (160KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jimmy-Ocean.jpg
160KB, 400x400px
>>
>>2501311
To be fair though, The Rock and Orton didn't need to be put over, they were already set in stone as people who were above the midcard.
Taker on the other hand, put over the two people who needed it for their credibility the most; Brock to make him the monster of the roster for years to come, and Roman to be the next big thing, whether people want it or not.
>>
>>2501080
WWE does not elevate or make new stars out of heels. They build heels to feed to their guy. If you want to be elevated, you have to turn face first and show you can sell merchandise, then you get fed the built up heels. But of course. Vince will only do that when he doesn't have a guy already doing that because he ain't paying TWO guys Cena money.
>>
>>2502482
Its ridiculous how much cool shit you could do with the wyatts, yet all WWE comes up with is
>le spooky monologues
>I challenge (wrestler) for reasons you wont understand anyway but it has something to do with Abigail and buzzards
>loses feud at WM
>>
>>2502555
As long as you don't sell more merch than HIS pick, yeah.
>>
>>2500872
Rusev never felt like the "next big thing". Maybe one or two monster heel runs with the world title for a babyface to beat but nothing special.
>>
>>2500874
AJ is so based that he's been able to survive a Cena feud intact.
>>
>>2504139
That's because he actually got to lead on wins and only ever did 1 job.

Also because he's AJ F'N Styles.
>>
>>2502482
I marked out huge when that happened. I don't know why I haven't given up on Bray. He's so close to being great...
>>
>>2504198
Because no matter how much the booking squanders him, he's got IT.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.