[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its cliche but true. Some Martial Arts are not mean't to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: baoquanli.jpg (28KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
baoquanli.jpg
28KB, 640x427px
Its cliche but true. Some Martial Arts are not mean't to be in Sport MMA fighting. Having a Kung Fu fighter do Sport MMA is like having a Special Ops Soldier do MMA. A US Spec Ops Soldier is probably one of the most efficient killing machines mankind has ever seen. But hardly any of his tools are allowed in MMA. No guns. No back-up. No blades. No bombs. No government.

Does this mean the Soldier is a poor fighter or that what he does on a daily basis is not fighting?

The physics of Kung Fu is about killing people. Quickly. Efficiently. All the moves involving disabling an opponent through eye removal and genital mutilation are banned in Sport MMA. Does this mean Kung Fu practitioners dont know how to fight? In Sport MMA it does. In the WORLD of Combat however, Quite the opposite.
>>
What the 他妈的 did you just 他妈的ing say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Northern Black Mantis Kneeling Tiger temple, and I've been involved in numerous dojo storms on UFC, and I have over 300 confirmed knockouts. I am trained in gongfu warfare and I'm the top striker in the entire temple. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of ninjurai across the Realm and your qigong is being traced right now so you better prepare for the dojo storm, maggot. The dojo storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Western Han Dynasty and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will pressure point pinch fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
soldiers aren't really fighters these days, they are more like hunters
>>
>>2496966
"Muh kung fu is effective, even though i can't prove it"
>>
Nobody gives a shit about MMA except for inbred rednecks.
>>
IDK if this is a troll thread or whatever because I'm not into MMA or any martial art, but I'll say OP definitely has a point considering what my brother has shown me of his Kung Fu techniques. Almost all of them that he has taken the time to show me would instantly kill or at least maim a person and are really only appropriate for life-or-death situations and he's explained to me that the training he has recieved is specifically to counter someone trying to kill him with a weapon and that it wouldn't be applicable within the context of MMA. MMA is a sport and because of that many martial arts that are not designed to be done for sport but for self-defence against armed assault aren't really meant for use in MMA.
>>
>>2496966
For most martial arts, some form of challenge matches were quite common in the historical era. Granted they often had a higher threshold for acceptable injuries, even the possibility of death but that was often a rare occurrence.

Even into the 60's the top kung fu guys in Taiwan were taking challengers, injuries were common since these challenges were not necessarily friendly contest but they happened. Even today there are alot of "traditional" kung fu guys who spend their youths in sanda or some other combat sport.
>>
>>2499827
I agree - my Sifu showed me this technique for disarming a knife wielding attacker. The bone along the very edge of your forearm is incredibly tough, and you have to dodge the knife with your arm and catch the blade right along the bone. We practiced the technique will a plastic knife and it works like a charm - he made me drop the knife a few times before it broke. Next week he's going to teach me how to avoid takedowns by just stepping out of the way! I'm so excited.
>>
>>2496966
ITT: Delusional weeaboos
>>
Yeah its a shame they wont let people in UFC do some eagleclaw technique like hawk robbing the nest and crush an opponents throat or rip out the adams apple.
>>
>>2502528
It's a shame that too many are pussies who wouldn't want to fight under that ruleset anyway.

Not enough people will dedicatedly train those deadly techniques, and not enough of that skillset would be used under that ruleset in the first place.
>>
>>2501417
It's funny because people who think other people are delusional, can also be delusional.
>>
>>2502528
If you actually believe, unironically, that you can tear out a man's throat with your bear hands you are an actual retarded person.

Rambo isn't real life.
>>
>>2503912
Fuck you, my 70s kung fu films are real.
>>
>>2496966
how are you going to train deadly moves properly if you don't have a non compliant opponent? What bothers me with this logic is that you believe after using make believe movements that youll just be able to use a wrist lock from hell and snap their throat with your ninjutsu chinese bullshit? Have you ever been hit by a Muay Thai kick? Have you ever fought a bjj brown belt? Spouting all of this nonsense when you havent even done any of it is stupid.
>>
>>2505147
To be fair, certain techniques doesn't required a lot of training to be effective. I mean, a kick on the nuts doesn't require a lot of training to be effective. Kicking effectively requires a lot of training, but once you have the skill, you don't actually need to kick the other guy on the nuts a thousand times, just to adjust your previous training.

In fact, any decent MA fighter will train to hit the opponent anywhere before aiming to take the nuts. Yes, kicking the nuts can be an insta-winner, but that would only happen if the opponent let his nuts to be exposed in first place. Is more a "what if..." scenario.

Same logic applies to other sensitive areas, like eyes or nape.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.