[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does his spear look so much better than anybody else's,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: Goldberg-Spear-To-Brock-Lesnar.jpg (129KB, 840x840px) Image search: [Google]
Goldberg-Spear-To-Brock-Lesnar.jpg
129KB, 840x840px
Why does his spear look so much better than anybody else's, even at his age? Is it just 'cause Brock was selling it like a truck had just hit him or what?
>>
>Block
>selling
>>
He has physical charisma. It's what got him over in 1997. He just moves his body in an explosive fashion and makes every power move look good.
>>
>>2494567
Dude, just watch every time Brock took a spear in this last run, he looks like he's about to fucking die.
>>
>>2494563
Goldberg only has 2 moves he ever has to do so he had better be the best in the world at them.

Lesnar is also really, really good at bumping.
>>
Combination of a few things.

1. He is in amazing physical shape. He is legit huge.
2. He moves very quickly and his feet don't leave the ground until he hits his opponent. Other wrestlers (Roman for example) do a sort of flying leap. Goldberg practically carries his opponent to the mat.
3. He always gets back on his feet very quickly after the spear. Other wrestlers often stay on the ground for a few moments, Goldberg jumps back up immediately giving him a sense of power.
>>
>>2494563
Goldberg always had an intense spear and Brock actually respects Goldberg enough to sell it devastatingly.

If you're curious as to why Brock likes Goldberg it's because Goldberg warned him about being abused as a big guy when first starting out.

Rock and Undertaker also helped out Brock a lot.
>>
He actually does it at a full run unlike others who do it jogging.
>>
Rhino spear > Goldberg spear > Roman spear >>>>>>>>> Edge spear
>>
>>2494563
Its a tackle.
>>
>>2494586
Hopefully maybe this feud with Goldberg has reminded Brock about how he helped and now he can do the same with Braun.

Don't really wanna see Braun as another mastodon turned comedy act
>>
>>2494599
The gore is good, no argument, but it ain't no Goldberg spear.
>>
>>2494586
>If you're curious as to why Brock likes Goldberg it's because Goldberg warned him about being abused as a big guy when first starting out.
That sounds pretty interesting, got a source?
>>
>>2494586
Brock sells anything good because he's not a lazy fuck who calls it in everytime he's in the ring.
He thinks of wrestling as a business and he tries to do the best he can whenever they send him out.
>>
>>2494610
Goldberg mentioned it in his ESPN interview before making his return to the E' and Brock mentions Goldberg in that interview in which he thanked The Rock for teaching him how to be selfish
>>
File: 1490669393753.png (158KB, 452x468px) Image search: [Google]
1490669393753.png
158KB, 452x468px
>>2494629
Ahem. Wrestlemania 32. That is all.
>>
>>2494632
>The Rock for teaching him how to be selfish
But...The Rock is very unselfish
>>
>>2494567
Say what you will about Brock but he's a hell of a seller when you sell for him
>>
>>2494629
This

Dean Ambrose called him lazy yet didn't understand Brock was playing it safe because of his upcoming UFC fight with Hunt. Dean was also pretty hypocritical because he did nothing impressive in that match and probably expected Brock to do a tack bumb like Jericho did in that boring funhouse cage match

Seriously, Dean is a piece of shit
>>
>>2494647
The fuck are you on? Plenty of wrestlers that liked The Rock have had shoots on his selfishness.
>>
>>2494647
>>
>>2494652
Dean should have had Brock murder him in creative and extreme ways. He would have gotten over and the match would be more than 'oh yeah I forgot that happened'
>>
>>2494637
1 match where he dialed it back because he had a UFC fight coming.
Every other PPV he's been in he's taken huge bumps and blades like a motherfucker.
>>
>>2494665
So Rocks advice was 'take liberties in the ring when you have an unprotected opponent'?
>>
>>2494637
>selling for some entitled lazy whinning scumbag

I'm glad Brock broke him
>>
>>2494663
>jobbed to everyone
>didnt even go over at WM 16 when he was at his hottest
>beat Austin a grand total of once in about 8 matches
>sold for everyone like he'd been shot
>lost to Angle and Brock to give them their first title wins
By main even standards he's a fucking saint
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>2494673
"The time of taking is now, give later."
>>
>>2494695
>give later
Sure Brock will get around to that eventually. Is anyone actually up when it comes to 1v1 against Lesnar?
>>
File: 1491446429235.jpg (49KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
1491446429235.jpg
49KB, 622x622px
>>2494707
>>
>>2494686
You can also list a positive sheet of selflessness by Shawn Michaels, what's your point?

Rock understands the importance noble selflessness as he understands you also have to take when you have to.

He's obviously going to tell Brock to take as much as he can when he's being build up as an over intimidating monster so he doesn't see him turn into an eventual jobber like most rookies who are too afraid to speak up or take advantage of situations when first starting
>>
>>2494719
>bleeds from being super man punched
>>
>>2494719
BBD finna bounce off the ropes 4 times before spearing lesnar
>>
Goldberg's spear looks the way it does because he's a mark who doesn't know it's a work and literally tackles his opponent for real.

Other wrestlers actually try to protect their opponent and not end their career, break their orbital bone, or sternum, etc. unlike Goldberg.

I can be the best striker in the WWE if I just decided to potato everyone.
>>
>>2494745
But can you be the best "pure" striker though?
Also yeah Shitberg is literally ramming people for real, ever see that time he knocked himself out by spearing a fucking ringpost?
>>
File: images (1).jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
6KB, 300x168px
>>2494745
>I can be the best striker in the WWE if I just decided to potato everyone.
>>
>>2494567
Brock is one of the best sellers of all time
>>
>>2494599
Edge spear looks good when he hits on guys like Rey, Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Eddie, divas, Punk etc. It only looked ridiculous when he did it on guys like Batista, Kane and Taker.
>>
>>2494563
Big wide shoulders and explosive jewthleticism
>>
I always dug Goldberg's spear, partially because I was a huge Goldberg mark as a kid growing up on WCW but I think mostly because it feels more like a football tackle.
>>
>>2494789
>Edge spear looks good
stopped there. he had the body of a preteen girl. that spear wouldn't hurt anyone.
>>
>>2494789
>Edge spear looks good

His spear looked like shit and he was a shit wrestler.
>>
>>2494651
Has Goldberg sold anything, ever? I'll give you that occasionally after a sledgehammer shot across the forehead or a surprise finisher he might take a knee and shake his head clear for 2 seconds, but other than that his only other sell is "Knocked the fuck out." Most of Brock's suplexes at WM, Goldberg was on his feet before Brock was.
>>
>>2494744
4 times? Dude, he just wants to beat him for the title, not get arrested for murder.
>>
>>2494663
Name 3.
>>
>>2494567

Only an idiot would imply Brock isn't a great seller/bumper.
>>
>>2494563
He literally just shoot tackles people. There's a reason why he broke people's ribs in WCW. DDP ragdolled him once, and Goldberg knocked himself out from the force
>>
>>2494923
maybe he just didn't know how.
>>
File: tumblr_onvjdqf2HO1s05wxzo1_400.gif (2MB, 367x207px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onvjdqf2HO1s05wxzo1_400.gif
2MB, 367x207px
>>
File: Efsg63j.png (2MB, 1440x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Efsg63j.png
2MB, 1440x1428px
>>2494907
> he had the body of a preteen girl

18+ faggot
>>
>>2494920
Your face looks like shit
>>
>>2494567
He's the best seller in wwe
>>
>>2494567
Smarks proving once again they don't know shit about wrestling
>>
>>2494647
>Makes a career by burying everyone
>Not selfish
>>
>>2495039
>jew us all off for first two matches
>deliver arguably MOTN for their last match
>>
>>2494923
>Most of Brock's suplexes at WM, Goldberg was on his feet before Brock was.

Whether it was intentional it looked pretty cool since supposedly Goldberg was at Brock's power level if not higher
>>
>>2494756
DA BEST PURE STYKER IN DA W W E
>>
>>2494744
Ah, that brought back memories of Smackdown 2 with my cousin.
Running spear, spear off irish whip, rope bounce spear, irish whip into rope bounce spear, irish whip into chasing rope bounce spear, and the granddaddy of them all, the cross town spear (running into the perpendicular ropes to take out their kidney). Fun times.
>>
>>2495366
That shit ain't fun when you make custom characters and all your brother's guy knows is spears and powerbombs
That's a red torso in 3 minutes flat
>>
>>2495167
Niicccce.
>>
>>2495190
So "smarks" are just a term for a group from which you want to be dissociated?
>>
>>2495379
Back in 2 the body zones were invisible. Still remember making a Yokozuna-sized flippyshit with a victory roll finisher(called it when pigs fly). And a low blow signature(magic carpet ride). Someone should just make a "create a finisher" app instead of a full wrestling simulator.
>>
>>2495419
Makes me want to download an emulator and play it now. Anyone have recommendations?
>>
>>2494923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsBLOlwy-2E

That literally may be it.
>>
File: 1489289596363.gif (3MB, 320x234px) Image search: [Google]
1489289596363.gif
3MB, 320x234px
>>2494567
lol this has to be bait but i love it
>>
>>2494563
Goldberg has 3 moves, so of course they look good, they get a of practice time.
>>
>>2495811
2 Moves you dumb fuck
>>
>>2494778
Is that Scribe?
>>
>>2494563
He's been built to a point where it just looks amazing. He's perfected his two moves.
>>
>>2495039
Christ I know the match was choreographed to hell and back, but the camera work there was fantastic
>>
>>2494923
He sold the Diamond Cutter like he was slapped with a large fish if that counts.

Goldberg only sells when he hurts himself or interference, hence how every match he's lost its either because he hit the ring post or was tazed
>>
>>2494923
I think that was the idea. Normally, you'll see wrestlers selling suplexes from Brock in the same way Brock sells a spear, so Goldberg getting up from 3 immediately makes for an immediate precedent that Goldberg is on Brocks level, making for a somewhat interesting story telling point for casuals.

How the handled the match is pretty fascinating, I thought. There was no low tier moves, just the two guys at the top of the mountain spamming their best moves until the other can't get up
>>
>>2495942
>story telling point for casuals.

kek there's no such thing
>>
>>2494567
You don't watch much do you?
>>
>>2494789
I don't think I've ever seen a good looking spear from Edge, not even that time he speared someone from a ladder. It's not really a matter of technique though. It's just that he has such a tall, lanky build that a move like the spear simply doesn't look good from him.
>>
>>2495419
It was actually possible to create custom moves/finishers. You had to have a game genie disc. All moves were basically broken down to 2 parts. A setup and a finish. By mixing and matching those, you could pull off quite a few original moves.
>>
>>2496426
Now that the 3DS is on its way out, I hope someone can crack WWE Allstars so you could mix and match shit(don't even have to keep the name, as long as you don't sell it). It struck me that most signatures and finishers were just the same as a regular version, with slomo, glowy hands/feet and shadows.
>>
>>2494567
When Brock sells everyone buys you autistic shit.
>>
>>2496408
>>2494789
Edges spear was shit tier

>Hurr I'm gunna jump at your mid section and tap you with my bicep
>>
>>2494567
Brock is actually a pretty damn good seller.
>>
>>2494567
When are you post-Mania smarks going back to plebbit?
>>
OHHHH OHHH DIMES!!!!!!!

THEY THINK I DRAW
I KNOW I'M A GOAT
>>
>>2496408
>inb4 someone "innovates" the inverted spear
>inb4 it's a woman and they call it "the vagina"
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.