[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't any modern day wrestlers bring this intensity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Why can't any modern day wrestlers bring this intensity?
https://youtu.be/tjWPoQWdmjg
>>
no roids
promos being overly scripted
Vince decides who will get over and at what point (and it almost never works)
soft product overall
>>
too many liberal cucks
>>
PG era
>>
>>2493428
Beat 'em up (beat 'em up)
Break his neck (break his neck)
>>
>>2493439
>promos being overly scripted

This is up there with the worst of it. You can tell when someone is being insincere or just reciting lines.

Give everyone a basic round up of what they have to say, and let them adlib the rest, like the old days.

These should be the only rules
>Mention the PPV
>Mention it's for the belt
>Mention the basic storyline
>Don't swear
>Fill [Allocated time]
>>
>>2493579
>Le sjws xD
>>
File: what,,,.gif (762KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
what,,,.gif
762KB, 200x200px
>>2493428
>An 11 second soundless webm has more intensity and charisma than the entirety of the roster

I could watch this for eternity.
Truly the GOAT
>>
>>2493428
Fire "writers", let wrestlers handle their promos by themselves like they used to.
>>
You joking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNPD2R3qL-E
>>
>>2493814
That laughter is fucking bad.
>>
>>2493844

Isn't he supposed to be a corny, over the top 3d anime villain/video game character?
>>
>>2493848
Probably. I don't know, I don't watch anime wrestling. Promo did nothing for me.
>>
>>2493428
there aren't many that even approach Stone Cold in that area, it's hard to imagine someone in today's scene getting there especially.
>>
>>2493428
God damn it. That Austin promo is so damn overrated. He practically stole it and his persona from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6E00Zx42vE
>>
>>2493769
Sponsor money is too important to them to allow the promos to be that free flowing anymore.

They can't risk a wrestler getting too carried away and saying some shit on live TV that could cause a sponsor to drop them.

Remember what happened to Abraham Washington.
>>
>>2493428
Because Austin brought that shit after legitimately building to that point. You need to have the build from when he won King of the Ring to becoming the badass to get to this point, otherwise you're just working something like the Miz's early gimmick where you tell people you're awesome but haven't done jack shit (like Sasha Banks is except she counts as face because she's a woman saying she's badass instead of a white guy).

You can even see that now Miz can say that shit and it gets face-style pops because he's got legitimacy to him.
>>
>>2493814
sign him up vince, this is the true next face of the company
>>
>>2493913
You can't fix stupid unfortunately,
>>
>>2493915
Even with build, today wrestlers sucj
>>
Friendly reminder that Stone Cold would not be able to get over in the PG era.
>>
>>2493814
I unironically love this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.