[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized Asuka is the only champion who didn't win

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4487.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4487.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
I just realized Asuka is the only champion who didn't win their title in 2017. Are long term champions now a thing of the past?
>>
New Day just had a sixteen-month reign.
>>
Yes, since WWE just uses championship reigns as plot devices now. Asuka's long reign is just happening so that one of the main roster girls can kill her streak. You know how much Vince loves to kill streaks.
>>
>>2491293

only because they sold tons of merch and cereal boxes. The New Day never had any memorable in-ring matches. Tag wrestling on the main roster has been a joke for at least 15 years now.
>>
>>2491301
>WWE pushing somebody based off workrate
>>
Nobody that cant draw should not have the main for belt over 50 plus days.
>>
>>2491319
>Nobody that cant draw should not have

The utter fucking STATE of /wwe/ drones.
>>
>>2491301
>The New Day never had any memorable in-ring matches
Yes they did.
There was that match where the Luchas and the Usos did the memorable ladder spot.
What? The New Day WERE in that match. You didn't say they had to be the memorable part about it.
>>
>>2491301
They had great matches with Kiddsaro
>>
>>2491271
No, they just all got switched up running into wrestlemania.

Longer title reigns are generally towards the end of the year.
>>
Some on bleddit did some averages and shit on the title reigns and found that, in 2016, both world titles, the US title, and the IC title all had an average title reign length of 55.5 days.
>>
File: 1489632466610.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489632466610.png
2MB, 1366x768px
>>2491271

I know Vince

Beat Goldberg's straight and any other records that were not WWF/WWE made or people that are "good with the company" It's why New Day broke Demolision's record, then got the belts pulled from the, they served their purpose to beat the record of a tag team that while WAS a WWF made team, was still in bad terms with Vince.

Asuka will beat a bunch of records and when that is done, she will get jobbed, used as talent enhancement/training and that will be the end of the Empress of Tomorrow. Keep in mind that Asuka is 35, Micky James is looked at as the "old lady" of the women's roster, but she is only 2 years older then Asuka. Her time will be up soon.

And I love Asuka, but this is just reality
>>
>>2491451
Go outside.

>Demolision
>>
>>2491418
That's probably even better than this year. It's only three months into 2017, and we have already had 7 unique world champions.
>>
>>2491530
Well go play in traffic.
>>
>>2491271
>New Day
>Rollins before the knee
>Lesnar about to go for a year

No.
>>
>>2491271
>tfw if she retains to brooklyn she'll be the longest reigning champion of any kind in the modern era
Charlotte is going to look so strong when she squashes Asuka
>>
>>2491545
>SEETHING
>>
>>2491451
>Micky James is looked at as the "old lady" of the women's roster
only by virgins on /asp/
>>
>>2491951
And by everybody else including WWE themselves. Why do you think she's a jobber
>>
>>2491959
Because she's not there to get a push dipshit.
>>
>>2491971
Because she's fucking old
>>
>>2491376
But Woods throwing his trombone was the memorable part.
>>
>>2491974
>two 50-somethings had 2 of the top spots at Wrestlemania
>>
>>2491987
Two huge stars. That overrides age
>>
>>2492000
Mickie James isn't a star of her division? That seems doubtful.
>>
>>2492028
She isn't at all. She's there to job and draws no dimes nor pops. Alexa is the star
>>
>>2492049
>a star
>the star

You illiterate turd.
>>
>>2491959
Mickie is not a jobber. She is a "mechanic". She is a skilled veteran who is there to make the new stars look good in the ring while working safely. This does not mean she will lose every match because a mechanic needs to have some appearance of credibility as an opponent.
>>
>>2492068
She's not a star. Period
>>
>>2492151
>a mechanic needs to have some appearance of credibility as an opponent.
Which WWE don't get, hence why the Dudleys were jobbers and why Jericho has been a borderline jobber for most of his part time runs
>>
>>2491758
>Lesnar about to go for a year
God I hope not. I know he is supposed to take on Reigns next Wrestlemania. But it will be a boring year if every Raw we have to watch Lesnar flex, while Heyman rants about Lesnar being an unbeatable champion. There is no depth to the Lesnar character.
>>
>>2491301
Their match against Y2AJ was actually spectacular.

>Y2AJ
sad.gif
>>
>>2492176
There are maybe 3 women ahead of her. "Period". Dicklips.
>>
>>2492226
Try the whole roster
>>
>>2492244
>Dana Brooke is ahead of Mickie James

Please de-cock your mouth before posting.
>>
>>2491481
Really, I'm more concerned with how they're all the same lengths. They could stand to mix it up a little with the lengths of reigns. At the very least, they shouldn't form a pattern that blatant.
>>
>>2491301
> The New Day never had any memorable in-ring matches.

Just..stop. Yes they have. IMO most underrated match of their career was the fatal four way at Sumerslam 2015. People focus on the botched spot by the Luchas , but the matadors fixed that match and it was solid.
>>
>>2491301
> Only because they were over and sold a fuck ton of merch

Well... yeah? This is wrestling.
>>
>>2491780
You mean Io Shirai
>>
She is the nxt women's champ. That's equivalent to being the champ at candyland.
>>
>>2492778
Yeah, because it's not like the other NXT Womens champs have gone on to do anything on the main roster.

>literally every single one became a main roster womens champ
>>
>>2492806
Vince doesn't want her on the main roster. She doesn't have any appeal to casuals.
>>
>>2491451
english isn't your first language is it?
>>
>>2492184
>Jericho has been a borderline jobber

even though thats like the definition of a mechanic

Jericho has won a healthy amount of matches, shit he beat AJ at WM 32
>>
>>2492764
Who
>>
>>2492821
This. Based VKM
>>
>>2493991
Sources say he hates how she refuses to lose weight and is letting hhh do what he wants with her in nxt but she will not be getting a new contract.
>>
>>2494057
Yet he pushes Nia Jax. What a fucking dipshit.
>>
>>2494078
Based Vince knows he has to push one fat chick. He picked the one who can actually work.
>>
>>2492778
Kana can't be this much of a WWE mark to still be stuck in NXT can she?
>>
>>2494729
It's her dream to be on wrestlemania but the jokes on her since Vince won't bring her any where near the main roster.
>>
>>2494620
If you're gonna troll, at least put a little effort in.
>>
>>2494729
Asuka is a mark for only one thing: herself. I'm sure she is well aware that she'd be jobbed out constantly on the main roster and is thus happy to stay in NXT
>>
>>2492821
>doesn't have any appeal to casuals

We're talking about Asuka not Roman Reigns
>>
>>2494910
Casual fans are the ONLY people who like Roman, other than the people doing it ironically to do le epic trollfaces on the Smarks™. The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>2494910
Casuals think he is a badass. Casuals don't know who asuka is. She's a woman wrestler and I can't believe how much time people spend starting threads on her. When's the last time women drew any dimes?
>>
>>2494943
>record low ratings
>abysmal ticket sales
>subs cancelled monthy
>booed outta every arena

Reminder: even the kids boo him.

>>2494970
>Casuals think he is a badass.

No they don't.
>>
>>2495084
Sure they do. Exit your house once in a while and bring him up in conversation. Men think he's a badass and all the chicks wanna fuck him. If he didn't make Vince a shit load of money he would be unemployed.
>>
File: 1467604750976.png (35KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1467604750976.png
35KB, 326x326px
>>2495097
>this is what Romarks actually believe
>>
>>2494910
It applies to both but especially Asgooka
>>
>>2495097
Wrestling isn't mainstream with the exception of people like Cena, so no, I'm not going to attempt to talk to people about Roman reigns because they'll have no idea who he is and think I'm some kind of jackass if I were to tell them he's a wwe wrestler
>>
>>2495097
Bringing up Reigns in a conversation?

I'd rather actually have sex thanks.

>If he didn't make Vince a shit load of money he would be unemployed.

Randy Orton is the current WWE World Champion.
>>
>>2495140
Don't get your hopes up bud.
>>
>>2491301
>only because they sold tons of merch and cereal boxes
based new dimes speaking vince's language
>>
>>2491301
>only because they sold tons of merch and cereal boxes.

that and they wanted to fuck demolition. spiting their tag team division in the process.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.