[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time WWE had storyline that was just as good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

When was the last time WWE had storyline that was just as good as an Attitude Era storyline.
>>
Mizryse/Cenella was based until the actual match.
>>
>>2484914
>attitude era
>stealing someone's pet dog
>killing it and feeding it to the owner

wew lad RIP in peace Pepper
>>
Attitude era isn't perfect by any means. Batista vs HHH was really good.
>>
>>2484946
Hopefully Miz gets another run as champ. He is doing the best work of his career.
>>
Bayley/Sasha feud in nxt
>>
>>2484950
Based Bossman
>>
>>2484914
>taker and hbk in their early 30s

those were the days, lads.
>>
>>2484914
Punk vs Cena up until MITB was better than pretty much every attitude era storyline

Most of it was just 90s trash
>>
Owens/Jericho was based, especially the Festival of Friendship.
>>
>>2484976
>Cena
you tried. don't pretend it wasn't 90/10 CM Punk.
>>
>>2484976
Unironically the best storyline in a decade or more. Jericho/HBK was better than any story in the AE, as well.
>>
>>2484985
fucking this. It's the only storyline I've given a fuck about in WWE for years.
>>
>>2484914

The Cena vs R-Truth feud that concluded with the main event of Capitol Punishment 2011.
>>
2011/12:

Raw:
>Summer of Punk
>Cena and Dwayne
>Begin of Authority/Johnny Ace as GM

SD:
>One More Match
>DBry as Mr MITB
>Hall Of Pain
>>
>>2484976
t. Underaged faggot from reddit who gets all his info from Cuckculture
>>
>>2484914
>Triple H in mid-00s trunks
>Mankind in 97 gear
>Shawn Michaels, at all

>Attitude Era

finna have sex pls
>>
The Zayn/Neville feud in NXT that culminated in their 5 star classic at R-Evolution.
>>
Attitude Era is overrated as fuck. Though maybe I'm just not a fan of high art like Val Venis getting his cock chopped off with a katana and kennel matches.
>>
>>2485263
Attitude era (WM 14 - WM 17) was Austin burying everyone, Trips burying everyone in Austin's absence, and shitty brawl matches for 3 fucking years.
>>
>>2485287
Take in to account you are talking to people here who weren't even old enough to experience it as it happened and cherrypick the occasional good thing from that era. Since all those people think it's awesome when you disregard 80% of what actually went on, I guess it must be awesome and Vince Russo is not a cancer to the business, but a true genius.
>>
>>2485338
Okay cornette. Yet here we are with all the top draws being tweeners with no real gimmicks.

Russo's legacy lives on to this day.
>>
WCW doesn't seem popular on this board, but I honest to God enjoyed it way more than the WWF from that same time. 1999 was a shit year all around in the WWF, WCW, and ECW. The WWF did their biggest business ever, but it's practically unuwatchable going back now. Late 1999-2000 WCW is just Russo going all out with his inane booking. As soon as he gets hurt and is off the book, the entire tone changes.
>>
>>2485354
It is still felt certainly, probably part of the reason the business is in the shitter compared to the amount of people watching in the 80s and 90s but yeah he's the best.
>>
Batista turning on HHH
>>
>>2485287
>>2485338
>>2485367
And WCW was 12 years of irrational storylines and inexplicable match interference
(and abysmal commentary and that shitty small ring)
>>
>>2484914
>censoring the F off of WWE with shitty green "spraypaint'

WWE perpetually cucked by panda bears
>>
>>2485417
Okay, what does this have to do with WWF Attitude Era other than showing how shit Russo really is, since he managed to make WCW unwatchable?
>>
>>2485441
First you really misinterpreted that comment. Second everyone and their mother in wcw had creative control i.e. impossible to book without some shit head saying it wouldn't work for them brother.
>>
>>2485441
nothing, I wasn't arguing. You just reminded me of the shitfest that WCW was. For all the problems that WWF had at any time, WCW was five times worse.
>>
>>2484914
most recently, imo, was the heath slater storyline. guy just wanted a shot at the tag titles

was well done. they even got prop actors for extra symfy
>>
>>2484976
Why is Phil posting here?
>>
>>2485452
>>2485464
And yet WCW still managed to put on more entertaining television than WWE and their Austin will finish the show stunning someone after 500 punches for the 8000 time.
>>
>>2485367
>1999 was a shit year all around in the WWF, WCW, and ECW

No it wasn't. In fact, 1999 saw the highest ratings, ever, for wrestling on TV. It was the year RAW had its highest-rated show of all-time.

If anything, it was the peak of all 3.
>>
>>2485452
The creative control thing must be why we got stuff like "Oklahoma". I'm only half shitposting since you're right that it did have a lot to do with the environment. But Russo is still garbage and I'm shocked anyone would actually defend him.

>>2485464
My fault. Yeah WCW was pretty bad there at the end especially. Though even in the early 90s outside of Watts in particular it was often a clusterfuck.
>>
File: 1487611271374.png (2MB, 2140x1608px) Image search: [Google]
1487611271374.png
2MB, 2140x1608px
>>
File: tumblr_n179vm1Z1s1t1054no1_250.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n179vm1Z1s1t1054no1_250.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>Reality Era babies unironically calling AE overrated and naming off these garbage can storylines as "better"

LOL Its not even about the content being 100% good during the AE ya dweebs, people appreciate the fact they knew how to push storylines then, make superstars over af, have a cohesive universe where shit always intertwined, have bigger than life captivating characters who could talk their asses off and ooze charisma in the ring, and cutting edge presentation. People WANT that creativty back.

It was a proper exciting wrasslin show that was never filler and always saved the absolute big bang for the ppv. Its nothing like the current corporate nondescript garbge we're being served. Its not about muh nostalgia at all.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.