[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the years I've heard about "King's Road"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: pict04.jpg (31KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
pict04.jpg
31KB, 320x251px
Over the years I've heard about "King's Road" pro wrestling from Japan, how it was some of the best pro wrestling ever until it burned out.

What was it like? Was it a meme or was it actually that good? How does one get started if they wanted to check it out?
>>
Just google "Misawa" and enjoy, my man.
>>
File: 02.jpg (33KB, 302x420px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
33KB, 302x420px
>>2484516

King's Road is like watching a fighting game come to life

They build up "meter" for their Desperation Moves and then the whole crowd goes Ape shit when they hit their "Super Finisher"
>>
>>2484516
Ajpw 89 to 2000. It also changed with the years as well

Noah never refered their style to Royal Road.

The main eventers style is shitenno. The 4 kings style. It kinda ended in 2005 Noah for hw's.

Rpyal Road is the name of Ajpw product form 1972 to 2005. Then again later post mutoh then dropped again.
>>
>>2484516
Kensuke and Tana aren't part of it. Sorry.

It's Misawa, Kawada, Taue, Jun, Kobashi. The Ajpw gajins worked a style without the multiple finishes. While the midcard was less worked hard.

The style eventually changed in late 90s, less about the small stuff, more big moves. Less working holds.

Alright style but not for everyone, most in japan perfered the Strong Style of Njpw. More varried wrestling styles and submission finishes. Fighting legit guys. Better booked midcard and juniors.

Baba never really cared about juniors post isolation. About top heavy divison and tags.

You don't book legit guy vs pro wrestler in Ajpw royal road or gimmick matches. Another thing is submissions only worked on lower guys in the 90's.

Noah style modified it to have head subs work but nothing else. Modern Noah is about juniors doing stiff strikes and mid level moves.

While current Ajpw has reverted it's booking, the hw's handle spots like Njpw 90's guys. Big throws mostly, no bodyslams or basic moves at times. Modern Ajpw like most feds also avoid limbwork.

The crew in the 90's had deeper stories and a build to weaker to stronger moves.
>>
Stan Hansen's lariat is the best finisher of all time.

A lot of AJPW is online on the All Japan Archive
>>
Kicking people in the face and dropping them on their head/neck and chopping them on the chest
>>
I'd also like to know, this sounds pretty damn cool
>>
>>2488757
And it is all those stiff shits that greatly reduce wrestlers using that styles shelf lives, even kill some along the way (Misawa, Albright).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.