[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale of five >Neville vs Aries - 3.5 Solid work, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1490423300544.png (9KB, 220x171px)
1490423300544.png
9KB, 220x171px
On a scale of five
>Neville vs Aries - 3.5
Solid work, but the position on the card ruined the mood and Aries taking that botched landing may have meant they had to cut some riskier stuff later.
>AtGBR - 3
Yeah it sucks for Braun, Big Show and Sami. Still, I enjoy it when WWE isn't predictable. I never expected Damo to be in the final three, or for Jinder and Mojo to close out the match as well as they did. Gronk was inoffensive as far as celebrity interference goes. Ziggler had a bit of a spotlight which is something he desperately needed. I have no opinion on the Chinese wrestler yet. Luke should have eliminated somebody. I feel bad for Kalisto and especially Slater. They deserved to at least have small spots in the match.
>Dean vs Corbin - .5
Terrible. Dean didn't give a shit. Corbin faded in and out of giving a shit. You could tell that Dean was pissed about being on the pre-show. You could tell Corbin was pissed at Dean fot ruining his Mania match. Corbing tried to show a little bit of life but ultimately they both gave up.
>AJ vs Shane - 2.75
Shane legitimately did better than I was expecting, but at the cost of making AJ look like a chump for taking so much offense. This match never shed itself of the sense that AJ could have had a better Wrestlemania match with anyone else. Every AJ vs Ellsworth match was more entertaining than this.
>>
>>2467488
>Owens vs Jericho - 3.5
This match was solid, just a little bit weaker than the cruiserweight match. I would have liked to see them both reach deeper into their movesets than they did.
>Raw Women's Championship - 3.75
Surprisingly good. Nia looked better than she ever has. Sasha and Charlotte got to scuffle again after taking a bit of a break from each other. Charlotte goading Sasha into diving on Bayley was a fun way to poke at the Sasha heel turn everyone expected without having to actually go with the obvious heel turn. Since we didn't see that heel turn, Bayley winning was the right choice to deliver a feel-good moment. Charlotte's fireworks were 5/5.
>Raw Tag Team Ladder Match - 3.25
I couldn't tell if Matt was still doing the Broken gimmick or not. He did the delete gesture a couple of times but he seemed to tone down the character. It was a great surprise and a fun match but it plays into my number one Mania complaint which was that there was too mucb of a focus on old acts to really be the "New Era".
>>
>The Cenas vs The Miz-es - 2
It became too obvious too fast that Miz would go down with one AA for me to invest in any of his offense. Also Cena did a shit job selling Miz's offense. It's a shame because the crowd really wanted to get behind Miz. All of the build-up for a wet fart and an honestly shit proposal. How does proposing at Wrestlemania do anything to combat the notion that they are a TV couple?
>Seth vs HHH - 2.75
Bland. Decent selling on Seth's part but far too slow of a pace. Still it had good spots and it's always nice to see Steph eat it.
>Bray vs Orton - 3
Decent. It was bogged down by card placement. It was bogged down by the anticlimactic RKO ending. It was bogged down by Bray not having enough time to be champion, although that's not to imply Randy winning is what made it a bad match. That was, however, the best video package of the night.
>Brock vs Goldber - 1
It is what it is, which is a shit match. Neither wrestler did anything impressive besides when Brock leaped over Goldberg's head. The fact that Goldberg is finished and probably not wrestling again makes the last few months feel non-canon.
>Smackdown Women's Championship - 2.5
This wasn't all bad. It honestly could have been a lot worse considering how many wrestlers had to be fit into such a short match. But the women pulled off a halfway watchable match using the shit hand they were dealt.
>Roman vs Undertaker - 0
Fuck you. Main event? Fuck you. Regardless of what you think about Reigns, this was not a main event. It was barely a match. Undertaker looked ready to drop dead. Fuck everything.
>>
>>2467488
>>2467809
>>2468120
faggot
>>
File: 007.png (367KB, 357x520px) Image search: [Google]
007.png
367KB, 357x520px
>>2467488
>>2467809
>>2468120

>scale of 5
>hands out non whole numbers

Just use a scale of 20 faggot.
>>
>>2468141
Thanks for reading.
>>
>>2467488
I stopped reading as soon as you rated the battle royal higher than AJ and Shane.
>>
>>2467809

>Divas
>Highest Rated

Opinion Discarded
>>
>>2468163
What a shitty card. Anyway, I usually would agree with you but wrestling fans have a boner for le meltz so I went with a five system.

I just noticed that card is five stars.
>>
>>2468182
It's objectively true. Shitty ppvs are the women's best chance to shine.
>>2468169
What did you like about that match? The battle royal was at least unexpected.
>>
For how hype Royal Rumble was and how much they talked up the matchups it was pretty underwhelming.

I felt like all the matches that were advertised all over every event were just really boring

Maybe it's my fault for expecting too much?
>>
>>2468268
Underwhelming. Anticlimactic. Those are good words to use here. The Cena vs Miz feud is the perfect representative of this entire Mania. A feud that was infinitely better than the match.

RKO outta nowhere isn't a good ending if it isn't reversing another move. Hardys can't come back and give mixed signals about whether they still have the Broken gimmick and they especially can't already have botched a ladder spot. Neville and Aries can't be on the pre-show so that Pitbull can perform two songs that aren't even popular.
>>
Come talk to me
>>
>>2468120
Im pretty sure hhh was knocked out from the first outside dive
>>
>>2468481
I called in as Clark from PA.
>>
>>2468226
Not him, but
>unexpected
Everyone and their mother knew Mojo was going to win the moment they showed Rob Gronkowski on Twitter and in the crowd
>>
Also, real ratings because I said so:
>Neville v. Aries
3.5, decent preshow start, was good for what it is
>AtGMBR
1.75, Mojo winning was ok but that meant having shitters like Mahal outlasting higher power people like Ziggler or Harper just because, it made no sense
>Ambrose v. Corbin
1, they did ok I guess, the rating is low because of non existent heat
>AJ v. Shane
3.75, actually stole the show and made smarks shut up about Shane not being able to wrestle, although I could understand some people considering this a spotfest
>Jericho v. Owens
3, decent match with a decent finish, didn't lived up to the hype AJ and Shane made so that hurt them but overall nice
>RAM Women's match
Can't rate it since that was my pissbreak and completely missed it since I went to buy me some snacks for later, was kinda hated in the thread IIRC and also had a shit finish apparently, but ignore it anyways
>RAM Tag Team
4, New Day aside, great fucking match made even better by the return of the Hardy's, highest point of the night only matched by AJ's opener. Woke up the crowd again.
>>
>>2469517
cont.
>Cena/Bella v. Miz/Maryse
2, Miz was fucking loved by EVERYBODY, but Cena needed to win so he could propose. Was the same match Cena and Nikki had at Smackdown with Carmella/Ellsworth so nothing special. Feud was better than match itself.
>Seth v. Triple HHH
2.5, was a common Hunter "epic" match working a limb and being slow. Decent effort from both guys and HHH hasn't lost it yet.
>Bray v. Orton
1. What the fuck was this match doing there? The only real highlight of this shitfest were the worms on the screen. RKO outta nowhere killed the match entirely and Bray's little credibility.
>Brock v. Goldberg
Watched it and loved it, but it's unrateable. That wasn't a wrestling match, it was spaming finishers at it's finest. It was more a battle between superheroes than a freak show. Was exactly what I expected and they delivered 100%
>SD!L Women's 6 Way
3. Needed maybe more time, but was pretty good. Every woman got a little moment, like Natalya's kinda retarded double Sharpshooter. Naomi needed to win and did.
>Roman v. Taker
I'd say this is unrateable too but if I had to do it, it would be a 2, not even DUD but 2. Roman had the impossible job to carry the broken man known as The Undertaker, and OBVIOUSLY he couldn't do it to an extent. This was Flair's retirement 2.0 in the sense that both tried their hardest to give us a good match but years of injuries and such made it impossible for them, the difference being Michaels was capable of carrying a not so fucked Flair while Roman had to try carry a literally dead man to a 2 stars match when Taker only has in him the power of nostalgia and the wrestling skills of TNA's Hogan.

Only because of the effort, because of Roman and Taker giving all they could to make this passable, and all the feelings that emanated from marks and smarks all over the world, be it rage, sadness, shock or happiness, I give them 2. This match has made me unironically respect and like Roman even more. Based Big Dog worked me hard.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.